Heavy Load
Once XBMC adds support for hardware acceleration, wouldn't a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ be enough?
Yes once the XBMC ~or~ the ffmpeg guys add proper HA then the cpu will be moot (well mostly)

So worrying about it now is a waste unless you have a TON of 1080p Material. Even if you did just use the external launcher as a stop-gap measure.
Yes! I could play a BD with PowerDVD (wich uses HA) with my 4850e without problems.

When would XBMC support HA?

cu
pOpY
Sometime between next week and next decade.... but don't tell anyone, it's a secret Cool

Actually there is work being done on that front but mum's the word till the powers that be (meaning the XBMC Devs and or the FFMPEG Devs) are ready to say. Just be patient.
Big Grin 
Today i have changed to an 8400 C2D and the killa sample worked like a charme ;-)

thanks
pOpY
popy Wrote:Today i have changed to an 8400 C2D and the killa sample worked like a charme ;-)

thanks
pOpY

how many dropped frames?
stacked Wrote:how many dropped frames?

I get 0 on an E8500 so I'm assuming he gets 0 as well since my E8500 isn't running maxed out.
It runs very smooth with the 8400.

Where could i look at how much dropped frames i had?

cu
pOpY
press the (white or black?) button on the xbox controller or the Info button the remote.

and....
how much cpu is used when xbmc starts?
how much cpu is used when the killa sample is playing?
When i press "i" on the keyboard it doesnt show video info, it just shows the progress of the video!?!? What keyboard key must i press?

CPU Load on start of XBMC: Its hard to say because it switches the resolution so i coudnt read the load from taskmanager (but is very few ill think)

CPU Load while playing the killa sample: about 80-85%

cu
pOpY
'O'.
Thanks for the shortcut.

Ill have one dropped frame at the beginning (1st second). Ill think this is from buffering reasons.

cu
pOpY
popy Wrote:When i press "i" on the keyboard it doesnt show video info, it just shows the progress of the video!?!? What keyboard key must i press?

CPU Load on start of XBMC: Its hard to say because it switches the resolution so i coudnt read the load from taskmanager (but is very few ill think)

CPU Load while playing the killa sample: about 80-85%

cu
pOpY

so on the AMD 4850e you got 90% cpu load and on the 8400 you got 80-85%?

Doesn't look like much of a improvement. Do you have alot of processes running in the background? (how many)
lol.. he was at 90% with a regular 1080p file, the 80-85% on the e8400 was on the killa sample. Just a teeny tiny difference there Wink
popy Wrote:Hello Community.

I have successfully assambled and set up my HTPC with the following Konfiguration:

AMD 4850e 2x 2,5GHz
MSI 7269 K9N Neo-F V2 Mainboard
Radeon 2400 HD
2x 1Gb DDR-2 800

XBMC runs fine but if i play a 1080p Movie, sometimes i am losing frames.

After a look in the Taskmanager ill know why: my cpu load is at 90% ShockedShockedShocked

Doas i habe a wrong configuration or a config problem?

Thanks
pOpY

I have similar machine, play fine with my setup..then again I run XP and stripped out all the crab, except the bare minimum OS to run xbmc and media portal

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Heavy Load0