XBCD Controller (Xbox 360 controller) in XBMC Without Key Emulation
I am not sure what I am missing here. I opened XBCD and loaded your xbmc.xgi file and hit save. Then I edited the keymap.xml as you said. Forgive the ignorance but I do not see what I am supposed to do now and feel like I am missing a step? (like telling XBMC to look at the controller config and making that primary for the XBMC profile? all of which I dont know how to do)
Dignam Wrote:I am not sure what I am missing here. I opened XBCD and loaded your xbmc.xgi file and hit save. Then I edited the keymap.xml as you said. Forgive the ignorance but I do not see what I am supposed to do now and feel like I am missing a step? (like telling XBMC to look at the controller config and making that primary for the XBMC profile? all of which I dont know how to do)

Did you hit apply in XBCD Config? If you didn't that could be your problem. What build are you using?
Thanks. This still isn't working with wireless 360 joysticks though right? Or has that changed since? Haven't followed this is some time, but want to set things up again now that i am solely using my pc and hd output, and haven't powered up my xbox in like 3-4 months or more. 1080 is MUCH more beautiful with the theme's (undeniably)
djdafreund Wrote:Thanks. This still isn't working with wireless 360 joysticks though right? Or has that changed since? Haven't followed this is some time, but want to set things up again now that i am solely using my pc and hd output, and haven't powered up my xbox in like 3-4 months or more. 1080 is MUCH more beautiful with the theme's (undeniably)

Nope, just wired. But that's ok if you have a nice wireless xbox controller. I have a Logitec wireless controller that I haven't replaced the batteries in it for at least a year.
XIYL Wrote:Did you hit apply in XBCD Config? If you didn't that could be your problem. What build are you using?

Yea I hit apply and save it (what do I do with that file after?)

I am using XBMC 9.04.1 with the Aurora Aeon skin.
Dignam Wrote:Yea I hit apply and save it (what do I do with that file after?)

I am using XBMC 9.04.1 with the Aurora Aeon skin.

It should be working, if keymap doesn't have the name 100% identical to windows it wont work. Try double checking that?
XIYL Wrote:It should be working, if keymap doesn't have the name 100% identical to windows it wont work. Try double checking that?

If I go to control panel/controllers it lists it as:

XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)

Running on Vista 32.
Dignam Wrote:If I go to control panel/controllers it lists it as:

XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)

Running on Vista 32.

It should list it as XBCD XBox Gamepad. It sounds like its using the windows drivers, XBMC doesn't have any support for that driver. I recomend you go into device manager and uninstall that driver. When it asks you if you want to delete the driver file say yes. Unplug the controller at that point. Then reinstall XBCD and follow its directions. When its all set up again follow the directions in my original post again and it should work.
XIYL Wrote:It should list it as XBCD XBox Gamepad. It sounds like its using the windows drivers, XBMC doesn't have any support for that driver.
It does. You just need the /X360 controller eventclient/Xbox360EventClient.exe']Xbox360 Controller Eventclient. (It has to be compiled separately from XBMC, that's why so little people know about it.)
XIYL Wrote:It should list it as XBCD XBox Gamepad. It sounds like its using the windows drivers, XBMC doesn't have any support for that driver. I recomend you go into device manager and uninstall that driver. When it asks you if you want to delete the driver file say yes. Unplug the controller at that point. Then reinstall XBCD and follow its directions. When its all set up again follow the directions in my original post again and it should work.

OK turns out in Device Manager it is in fact listed as XBCD Xbox 360 Controller. So any other ideas?

I also tried using evenghost which works pretty well but I noticed that for some reason the buttons change randomly (like start would change from button 9 to button 7 and the back triggers would not work)

bb10 Wrote:It does. You just need the /X360 controller eventclient/Xbox360EventClient.exe']Xbox360 Controller Eventclient. (It has to be compiled separately from XBMC, that's why so little people know about it.)

If I run this after opening XBMC a msg pops up saying a new connection to Xbox 360 controller has occurred but still does not function.
Dignam Wrote:OK turns out in Device Manager it is in fact listed as XBCD Xbox 360 Controller. So any other ideas?

If I run this after opening XBMC a msg pops up saying a new connection to Xbox 360 controller has occurred but still does not function.
You need the original drivers, not the XBCD drivers.
bb10 Wrote:You need the original drivers, not the XBCD drivers.

Wow yea that even client made it work perfectly with XBMC on my vista PC with the plug and play drivers, definitely a much easier solution. Now to see if it is as easy on my Windows 7 PC (which is where it matters)

Yep works great on Windows 7 also you are my hero.
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
the xgi file seems to be deleted, can someone upload it again? thanks.
I went digging on the WWW for the 'missing' xgi file. Here is a link to a German blog that refers to a version of the file.
Use 7zip to get the .xgi file out of the .rar archive. Use Google Chrome to browse the site and be offered an option to translate the page if you don't happen to understand German. The translation is not great bu it is good enough.

The link: http://board.gulli.com/thread/1368376-xb...-tutorial/

If you just want the files, look for the word Klick
Sorry the link broke. Its fixed now. I'll put my email on my profile so someone can tell me if it happens again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBCD Controller (Xbox 360 controller) in XBMC Without Key Emulation2