XBCD Controller (Xbox 360 controller) in XBMC Without Key Emulation
The link that points to xbmc.xgi does not work.
Can anyone repost a link to a working xbmc.xgi or tell me where i can download it.

Thanks.
Sorry about that, Ill fix it later tonight, my servers port forwards are broken right now and im not at home to fix them, I will fix them tonight.
http://www.zshare.net/download/61577582dffa6556/
here it is
Got the file. (thanks).

I'm now trying to find a version of XBCD that will work on with Windows 7 RC1 (64-Bit). I am guessing the Vista 64 version will work, but that link is dead on xbcd360guide. Anyone got any mirrors?
your lucky i just installed this version on windows 7 x64 rc the i think 7127
in the .rar you got the last version of xbcd. and dseo13b which is the driver signature enforcement overrider 1.3b
1. install xbcd
2.enable the test mode with the overrider
3.reboot
4.reopen the overrider and choose this time sign a system file
you have to select "xbcd.sys" in your c:\windows\system32\drivers
5. replug the controller and now it should work
http://www.zshare.net/download/616115398448dbde/
tiben20 Wrote:your lucky i just installed this version on windows 7 x64 rc the i think 7127
in the .rar you got the last version of xbcd. and dseo13b which is the driver signature enforcement overrider 1.3b
1. install xbcd
3.reboot

God bless MS and their desire to idiot-proof the world. Pretty soon, you'll probably need a hack just to add a new monitor...
I got the files. I tried everything you said exactly. (at least three times) It didn't work.

I even tried "updating" the driver and selecting the XBCD driver manually, still nothing.

Even went as far as to install event ghost and try using the MCE remote instead (would love the 360 controller more, since have 1000s of files and the trigger scrolling is the sweetest).

Oddly, EventGhost Picks up the key functions from the remote accurately.
It also sends commands to xbmc accurately (manually done from the eventghost interface), but when in xbmc, the remote just does up, down , left, right.

Anyway, I must be doing something simple (but critical) quite wrong.

Another thing, If this may help. When the Microsoft driver is loaded, games like Grid work fine, but when the XBCD driver is loaded, Grid doesn't pick it up.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Absolutely shameless bump
XIYL Wrote:Absolutely shameless bump

WTF are u bumping??
tiben20 Wrote:your lucky i just installed this version on windows 7 x64 rc the i think 7127
1. install xbcd
3.reboot

I done this succsessfully on Vista x64.

But I doesn't work with the Windows Wreless Reciver, anyone know how to get XBCD working with a Wireless Reciver?
Anyone have any luck getting this to work in the retail of Win 7 x64.

I have managed to get XBCD working under x64 using the .2.6 drivers, and I can see that all the buttons register under the XBCD setup utility perfectly fine. But editing my XBMC keymap.xml file with these options
<altname>Xbox Controller</altname>
<altname>XBCD XBox Gamepad</altname>
<altname>XBCD XBox Controller</altname>
<altname>XBCD Xbox Controller</altname>
<altname>XBOX Game Controller</altname>

and still nothing in XBMC. XBMC never recognizes the controller. I had this working fine under Win 7 32 and Xp (albeit with the XBCDv107.exe drivers, which dont seem to work in x64bit), so not sure what the problem is here. Are there any other controller alt names I can try?
davidaq Wrote:Anyone have any luck getting this to work in the retail of Win 7 x64.

I have managed to get XBCD working under x64 using the .2.6 drivers, and I can see that all the buttons register under the XBCD setup utility perfectly fine. But editing my XBMC keymap.xml file with these options
<altname>Xbox Controller</altname>
<altname>XBCD XBox Gamepad</altname>
<altname>XBCD XBox Controller</altname>
<altname>XBCD Xbox Controller</altname>
<altname>XBOX Game Controller</altname>

and still nothing in XBMC. XBMC never recognizes the controller. I had this working fine under Win 7 32 and Xp (albeit with the XBCDv107.exe drivers, which dont seem to work in x64bit), so not sure what the problem is here. Are there any other controller alt names I can try?

Go into devices and printers in the start menu and copy the name the xbox controller has from there (its case sensitive) and let me know how it goes. Thats the name XBMC will use so I'm fairly certain it will work.
XIYL Wrote:Go into devices and printers in the start menu and copy the name the xbox controller has from there (its case sensitive) and let me know how it goes. Thats the name XBMC will use so I'm fairly certain it will work.

hey XIYL, its listed as 'XBCD XBox Gamepad', which ive tried with no luck...Its strange that it works fine in xp and windows 7 x32 , but under win 7 x64 it just doesn't seem to detect in XBMC no matter what i put in my keymap.xml file. very frustrating!
davidaq Wrote:hey XIYL, its listed as 'XBCD XBox Gamepad', which ive tried with no luck...Its strange that it works fine in xp and windows 7 x32 , but under win 7 x64 it just doesn't seem to detect in XBMC no matter what i put in my keymap.xml file. very frustrating!

That's very strange. I have know idea how to counter that issue, I use 32 bit to avoid all those driver issues. I used it at some point on Vista 64 bit just fine so I really have no idea. Try going into C:\Windows\Inf\ and opening XBCD.inf in notepad. Line 75 (2nd to last line) has the name in it. If that's any different than whats showing up in Devices and Printers.
I just updated my build to one of the SVN ones and I discovered that my Xbox controller had become broken. I discovered that the way that XBMC handles keymapping has changed. I will update the first post with the fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBCD Controller (Xbox 360 controller) in XBMC Without Key Emulation2