"Show Movie Trailer" in Movies screen
Hey guys,

There's a feature I would really like which I'm not sure if it's implemented or not.
Is there a way to find and watch a trailer of a movie from the "Movies" screen?

I have the "apple movies trailer" plug-in but I haven't seen any integration of it to the "Movies" screen which I think could be very awesome.

BTW, I'm using the MediaStream skin but I'm pretty sure there's no such feature in other skins as well.

Thanks,
Lev.
It's there. You have to use library view by scanning in all your movies, and then go to the movie info dialog and there should be a trailer option.
timdog, Not for non US residents.
The feature you request does not exist in regards to the AMT plugin.
But quoting a certain dev, it's so blindingly obvious it's a wonder it hasn't been implemented.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ah, I forgot about that.
Well, after looking in the MovieInformation I saw that there's a grayed-out button written "Trailer" in the movie-information:

I really thought It's because the scraper I'm using (Sratim.co.il) so i switched to IMDB and enabled the Trailers option:

But still caused the same thing:

I tried looking into the scraper xml to find-out how you get the trailer to maybe modify the sratim scraper and enable the trailer-retrieve from another (israeli) site but with no luck.
Can you help me with it? I'm stuck with the URL-retrieval in this section:
<GetTrailer clearbuffers="no" dest="5">
<RegExp conditional="trailer" input="$$1" output="&lt;details&gt;&lt;url function=&quot;GetTrailerLink&quot;&gt;http://$INFO[url]\1player\2&lt;/url&gt;&lt;/details&gt;" dest="5">
<expression noclean="1">videoSrc = &apos;[^&apos;]*(/video/[^/]*/[^/]*/)[^\?]*(\?bitrate=[0-9]*)?</expression>
</RegExp>
</GetTrailer>
<GetTrailerLink clearbuffers="no" dest="5">
<RegExp conditional="trailer" input="$$2" output="&lt;details&gt;\1&lt;/details&gt;" dest="5">
<RegExp conditional="trailer" input="$$1" output="&lt;trailer urlencoded=&quot;yes&quot;&gt;\1&lt;/trailer&gt;" dest="2">
<expression noclean="1">&quot;file&quot;[^&quot;]*&quot;([^&quot;]*)</expression>
</RegExp>
<expression noclean="1"></expression>
</RegExp>
</GetTrailerLink>

Where does the "$INFO" comes from?

Thanks,
Lev.
I have the exact same problem, and I've enabled it in the settings. Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work in XBMC, but works fine for Plex?
meshuga Wrote:I have the exact same problem, and I've enabled it in the settings. Anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work in XBMC, but works fine for Plex?

I think imdb updated again and the scaper isn't picking out the trailers anymore. Can someone confirm this?
stacked Wrote:I think imdb updated again and the scaper isn't picking out the trailers anymore. Can someone confirm this?

Jep. Fixed in SVN revision 16673. I've also modified the scraper to always get the theatrical trailer instead of a random flick.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Jep. Fixed in SVN revision 16673. I've also modified the scraper to always get the theatrical trailer instead of a random flick.

thx Big Grin
VDRfan Wrote:Jep. Fixed in SVN revision 16673. I've also modified the scraper to always get the theatrical trailer instead of a random flick.

I've updated to XBMCSetup-Rev16701-jester.exe from Dec-24th and v1.00 of MediaStream. I tried to refresh a movie and still don't even have the 'trailer' option showing up greyed out. I have 'trailer' enabled in the scraper of course for imdb.

Any ideas?
you might try another movie. Some movies just don't have trailers available.
meshuga Wrote:I've updated to XBMCSetup-Rev16701-jester.exe from Dec-24th and v1.00 of MediaStream. I tried to refresh a movie and still don't even have the 'trailer' option showing up greyed out. I have 'trailer' enabled in the scraper of course for imdb.

Any ideas?

Matrix does not have any theatrical trailers, that's why the option is disabled. If there are too many films without a theatrical trailer I will revert my latest changes, but I don't think we want to see some random interviews instead of a trailer.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Matrix does not have any theatrical trailers, that's why the option is disabled. If there are too many films without a theatrical trailer I will revert my latest changes, but I don't think we want to see some random interviews instead of a trailer.

What about pulling all available videos and allowing the user to choose a trailer. Similar to how we can choose thumbs or fanart.
I did a complete scan of my library with Rev16701 and only 107 of 931 movies pulled in a trailer URL this time.

I loaded up an old database from last May and 619 of 814 had trailers.

It seems something is up.
Once again modified in SVN revision 16717. Imdb enabled scrapers will now match on all kinds of trailers. Fixes the Matrix issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Show Movie Trailer" in Movies screen0