• 4(current)
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.00
Have you compared pressing the Videos link in MediaStream to the videos one in PM3, as if PM3 is not looking at the library then you can't compare it to going into Movies or TV Shows in MediaStream (the loading of the library is what is causing the delay I suspect).

As for the Please Wait showing in MediaStream, that is something that is triggered by XBMC itself (the skin doesn't control when that is displayed but XBMC does when it think it needs to) and as far as I know there is nothing that the skin can do to delay things such that the Please Wait would show - it can only be shown when XBMC itself is taking it's time to provide/complete something.

If there is something that we are doing in MediaStream that is causing the delay then I'd love to get to the bottom of it and remove it. If anyone has any ideas on this then I'd love to hear them.
Thanks for the info i assummed it was not a mediastream problem.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
BDPNA Wrote:I agree, but even a new Xbox is still gonna give me the 64MB barrier issue. Any way I slice it I just can't do 1080i on XBMC with Mediastream sadly.

I'm just curious, why don't you just send a 720p image to your 1080i HDTV? The TV will re-size it for you, and it'll look a lot better than 480p. Your TV *must* be able to accept a 720p signal, no? After all, several major networks broadcast in 720p. I used to have an old Panasonic 1080i crt-based RPTV, and it could take a 720p image, it just scaled it to 1080i.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Have you compared pressing the Videos link in MediaStream to the videos one in PM3, as if PM3 is not looking at the library then you can't compare it to going into Movies or TV Shows in MediaStream (the loading of the library is what is causing the delay I suspect).
Yes, I've compared pm3 in library mode to mediastream "movies" (library mode). pm3 just seems a lot faster in this regard... almost instant, whereas mediastream can take several seconds. Could it be just that needs to load more graphics & such to go to the next screen, compared to pm3?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:As for the Please Wait showing in MediaStream, that is something that is triggered by XBMC itself (the skin doesn't control when that is displayed but XBMC does when it think it needs to) and as far as I know there is nothing that the skin can do to delay things such that the Please Wait would show - it can only be shown when XBMC itself is taking it's time to provide/complete something.
That's very interesting, because I never see a please wait message when using pm3...
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If there is something that we are doing in MediaStream that is causing the delay then I'd love to get to the bottom of it and remove it. If anyone has any ideas on this then I'd love to hear them.
I have no idea what's causing the delay, but it's definitely slower than pm3. Maybe this is to be expected, I don't know. I'm just reporting what I observe. It's not like it takes for EVER, but my wife is SO used to the quickness of pm3 that she doesn't like mediastream, even though it looks so much better and is better organized (mostly). MS is usable, but slow enough that we don't prefer it.

Oh, and all of my observations are based on the "lite" v1 mod by paul, not the original mediastream.

Also, I don't have ANY fan-art of my own. None. Whatever gets scraped is what is shown. But it's not even the fan art that is the issue, because (to use the same example as before) the "movies" screen is a picture of a theater w/ red seats (not fan art) and I presume this picture was sized down by paul for his "lite" mod.
Which views do you guys use that work for TV and Movies? Videos still fail to start for me with both mods.
2-7offsuit Wrote:Which views do you guys use that work for TV and Movies? Videos still fail to start for me with both mods.
What do you mean, "which views"? I'm not much of a custom/mod person. I take an application or skin, or plug-in and use it as-is out of the box (so to speak). For example, I have zero fan art. Whatever is downloaded automagically by xbmc or the skin is what I see.

Based on other comments in this and other threads, I would suggest upgrading to the latest xbmc T3CH build, and when you do so, do it manually (i.e. using FTP from your pc to put it on the xbox, do not use one of the auto-installers... they seem to not do it right.

If you've done that, check how much memory you have free, right after bootup. I get about 32MB free with the v.1 "lite" mod.
By views I meant the different views that can be selected within each menu (List, Panel, etc.)

I just tried each skin. I get about 30-31mb free with both Mediastream mods and 35 free with PM3 HD. Videos still don't start with Mediastream.
Make sure your running the latest build for xbox from http://t3ch.yi.se/ last version dated 25/01/09 build 17349 if it still will not play your videos then it's not down to either the skin or xbmc as i run both on my xbox with no problems playing any video from either my hard drive on xbox or from my home server and that includes full dvd rips ie .iso's If you are playing from a network make sure you have no bends in your network cable as this will affect speed and cause Bad Packet Data ... just a thought
I am running the latest T3CH build. Everything works perfectly in PM3, so I think it's probably a memory issue. Is there anything else that could be using up resources or memory?
Not that i know of. i spent a couple of weeks trying different things to get it running better on my xbox. as i have said before In my oppinion i have found Having less Than 32mb of ram free on boot usually stopped alot of videos from playing over that and it nearly allway's works.
No in PM3, you'll see one msg that says "Working..."

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:No in PM3, you'll see one msg that says "Working..."
What's PM3 got to do with mediastream lite mod or am i missing a piece of the puzzle??
I just found I am having the same trouble. Using your lite mod for xbox mediastream. The files won't even start to play. Swap over to PM3 HD and their isn't a problem. Nothing else changes at all. Have any ideas paul?
Sorry theres little else i can do to make it more memory efficiant at my level of expertese.
If your fanart is sized over 960x540 that may be the problem assuming you use any.
The other way is to play your videos via file view and don't use the library i believe that will work. but not tried myself as mine works just fine in library mode sorry I can't be of more help
paul Wrote:What's PM3 got to do with mediastream lite mod or am i missing a piece of the puzzle??
I think he's referring to my statement that I never see the "please wait" notice when I'm using PM3. He's pointing out that in PM3 it says "working..." not "Please wait".

Either way, I never see the notice when using PM3 when doing the tasks I mentioned (like going from the main home screen to videos library). If it does pop up, it's so quick that I barely notice it.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.001