• 5(current)
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.00
I tried resizing all of my fanart. That didn't help either. It's frustrating because one of the older versions of Mediastream worked perfectly. Maybe someone knows what was changed near the end to make it use more memory?
Another thought. What about removing any unused features. For example, I always turn of the Videos section. Would removing the related backgrounds and menus free up memory? or is the same thing accomplished by just turning them off? What about removing support for unused resolutions? Obviously these aren't things that could be done across the board for all users, but I'm willing to take the time to customize my own setup. I just want Mediastream back!
I dare say you could try removing some bitmaps but then it would not look very good and it's something i have not tried i will have a another go with it over the next few day's but my skills are limited to graphics not xml codeing. in the meantime can you remember which skin version worked ok for you?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Ok i have just quickley removed all the backdrops from minimalko's mod which by the way is based on V.95 of mediastream and i now get 36mb free ram but the down side is all the screens are black it's ok if you like black and use fanart
I'm not sure which version it was that worked. Maybe .91?
In the changelog for .92:
"Added: New Richer theme (it's not reccommended for xbox as the memory requirements are too heavy for the old girl)"

I can't remember for sure though.

What happens if you add a custom background now? Could they possibly use less memory because it would be one image instead of split up like the defaults?
2-7offsuit Wrote:Could they possibly use less memory because it would be one image instead of split up like the defaults?

BTW- I obviously don't know much about this, I just noticed that the backgrounds are split across multiple files. I'm sure there's a good reason for it.
Hi Paul,

I've was running your lite version and and can play tv shows fine but not movies so I downloaded V1.00 and it tells me it can't run V1.00.

Which version should I try to run? I'm running the latest version of XBMC.

Many thanks,
Ed
What tells you that you can't run 1.0?
2-7offsuit Wrote:What tells you that you can't run 1.0?

XBMC does. When I try to change the skin over to Mediastream V_1.00 the error message is "Incompatible skin. We require skins of version 2.00 or higher"

Running the latest build of XBMC.

All help appreciated,
Ed
That's not referring to the version number for Mediastream. Somethings wrong with your skin.xml file. Try replacing that or just redownloading it then installing from scratch.
edcid Wrote:Hi Paul,

I've was running your lite version and and can play tv shows fine but not movies so I downloaded V1.00 and it tells me it can't run V1.00.

Which version should I try to run? I'm running the latest version of XBMC.

Many thanks,
Ed
Update xbmc to the latest version from http://t3ch.yi.se/ and it Should work
edcid Wrote:XBMC does. When I try to change the skin over to Mediastream V_1.00 the error message is "Incompatible skin. We require skins of version 2.00 or higher"

Running the latest build of XBMC.

All help appreciated,
Ed
If your getting that error screen then try copying the skin.xml from a known working skin into the one your having problems with and overwrite the existing one.
This should fix it
paul Wrote:If your getting that error screen then try copying the skin.xml from a known working skin into the one your having problems with and overwrite the existing one.
This should fix it

Hmmm... That sounds like familiar advice... Big Grin
2-7offsuit Wrote:I tried resizing all of my fanart. That didn't help either. It's frustrating because one of the older versions of Mediastream worked perfectly. Maybe someone knows what was changed near the end to make it use more memory?

I've also experienced the same problems. I did some extensive testing over the weekend with both Paul's skins and Rocky5's "lite" textures....both seem to perform sub-par with fanart enabled on MediaStream v1.0. I might be able to play a couple of movies/tv eps, but by the 3rd one nothing will launch.

What's weird is that when I use MediaStream v0.94, everything seems to work fine...the only exception being the fanart displaying in the list of all TV shows (although fanart can be enabled once I am browsing a season/episode within a selected show).

I am not an expert in any of this, so I wouldn't be able to tell you why v0.94 works for some reason. The only complaint I have is the constant hard drive spinning while browsing my library--but I have the feeling that's due to the large size of the library rather than the skin itself.

Obviously I would prefer to use Paul's "lite" versions of v1.0 and Minimalko, but I just can't get it to function properly.
Hi Paul,

I beliieve I have the latest XBMC (using the software updater on XBMC) but I'll try and confirm. Then I'll try changing the skin.xml file over.

Cheers!
Ed
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Xbox friendly version of MediaStream v1.001