is this possible?
i want to automate some tasks in xbmc, basically i dj in a nightclub and they want to have an advertising system using an xbox, right now, i have one in place and its a little to much for the managers to get up and running while im not there. heres kind of a description of what it does.

1 computer and 1 xbox, networked together
in the computer i havea tv capture card and a video out card.

the xbox streams divx movies off the computer and feeds it back in to the computer through the tv tuner card (video in)

from there the computer has a program on it called visualjockey, which takes the live video off the xbox (through the tv tuner) and runs it out through the main video cards tv out as a second monitor. every 4 minutes, it loads a random jpg image, from a directory on the computer, and displays it for 30 seconds on the screen. it has a 1 second fade between the live video (xbox) and the jpg.

my question to you guys is, can i make some sort of script that will eliminate the need for the computer. ie:

user turns on the xbox> it loads xbmc automatically (as i have it set to the default dash),

it scans the f drive for divx moveis in the folder f:/videos. it ads them to a playlist

it scans the f drive for image files in the folder f:/pictures. it as them to a playlist.

it randomizes both playlists (same thing never get played twice.

it plays the video file for 4 minutes (240 seconds) fades to an picture file (jpg, gif, ect..) then back in the movie (either in progress or not.

is this possible, or am i smoking some crazy ass crack?? is anyone willing to code this for me if it is? ill through some cash their way of course!

thanks!
could be difficult in xbmc, due to incomplete python control of mplayer.

it would be fairly simple to do under linux using mplayer and python (or any other language for that matter).
hmmmmm see im stuck between a rock and a hard place, i need to make this advertising system for my boss so that it is so stupidly easy for them to use, and i have no skills in programming at all, nor linux for that matter.... what do you think about using the source for xbmc and actually doing it in the program itsself? kind of a special version of it so to say...

possible?
*wrong thread, please delete*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is this possible?0