Shame it has Atom CPU! But could be good SD solution!
Thats the sorta package I want for my windows XBMC box! Laugh

Atom CPU thou... :mad:

http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=...ews_no=725

Lack of good audio too.... dam... the hunt continues.
Rumur is that it will cost 200€.
That´s a nice substitute for the ol'XBOX, if u only need to play SD content and dont mind paying a lot more €€ for small size and no noise Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
thinking of getting the Dell Studio Hybrid, that's pretty small, lower on power consumption and have dual core processors inside...
twe69 Wrote:thinking of getting the Dell Studio Hybrid, that's pretty small, lower on power consumption and have dual core processors inside...

...and pretty expensive too, no?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
True but what else has the same spec, size and power consumption that is cheaper? Check out currys.co.uk for prices on some...
Hmmm no TV tuner in the Dells ether Sad
Geeba Wrote:Hmmm no TV tuner in the Dells ether Sad

Enter the HDHomerun Smile
It mensions SATA II but it's internal (2.5" I'd suppose) or external?

Edit: found it (http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/01/23/msi...most-here/). Internal 2.5".
david81 Wrote:Enter the HDHomerun Smile

Another box thou..... Eek
Wait for the nVidia Ion to come out (intel atom + nvidia 8400m). It will play 1080p, be really small and consume 17W.
rallysquirrel Wrote:Wait for the nVidia Ion to come out (intel atom + nvidia 8400m). It will play 1080p, be really small and consume 17W.

Unfortunately the Atom + XBMC ≠ 1080p. Just not enough CPU power.
david81 Wrote:Unfortunately the Atom + XBMC ≠ 1080p. Just not enough CPU power.

True .. true..

But..

Atom w/Nividia GPU + XBMC + External Player = 1080p (not sure if it'll handle all the profiles, but some of them it should)

Meaning with the external player option, this should be totally doable.

It might even work with the new atom (n270) and intel hd gpu (g40 i think).. this would be using the external player option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shame it has Atom CPU! But could be good SD solution!0