option to disable the "remove from library" dialogue when media is not found
Hi
I have searched through the forum but i have not found anything on what the title of the topic describes.

The need to have the option to disable the "remove from library" dialogue when media is not found arose while setting a XBMC client in the living room connected to a mysql database.

i would like for the family members to be able to
1. access the DB and change the watched status and time-stopping points (i.e. a read-only profile will not do) by watching the media available, but
2. not to be given the option to remove a media when this is not found (basically NAS is not turn on yet or other source is offline).

You cannot imagine how many times this can happen accidentally.I know that media will be re-added through an update, since the files will still be there, but their watched status will be lost.

Given that XBMC already gives the option not to physically delete files - very useful in my scenario - it would be very useful if we could have an option to disable the "remove from library" dialogue
v13 Gotham shouldn't even ask that if the entire source is offline. Are you using v13?
Gotham will ask (it's the prompt that pops up when you try and play something that doesn't exist).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Err, sorry, that's right, I was thinking of clean-library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
option to disable the "remove from library" dialogue when media is not found0