Multiple FanArt support?
Hi. I searched but couldn't find this. Is there work currently done to support multiple rotating fanarts? Meaning, randomly chosen fanart from a pool of fanarts you have for any given screen.
Mediaportal supports this, for instance.
Not currently possible without some slightly hacky skinning, SUI for example supports multiple tv show fanarts and even per-season fanart since it always looks for like

tvshowpath\fanart\

Which can be like Heroes\Season 1\fanart\ so its also possible to do per-season fanart with the same method.

Then it uses a multi-image from there. It's pretty far from ideal since it only works for local data sources, and it gets a bit weirded out in like all seasons or recently viewed views etc, still it's kind of neat.
Thanks for the answer. I imagined it could have been possible through skinning "tricks". But I figured out that it would be good to have it implemented natively.
I requested this a while ago:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4872
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Wow, I see it's set to 9.10... Sad
I can understand for this not being a priority, clearly.
All it takes is one dev taking interest.
But that part I will leave to you.....
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Will this happen sometime soon? or ever?
we're eagerly awaiting your diff!
ethan, here is alittle pseudocode to get you started. should be fairly easy:

dir *-fanart* into a stringlist
random from stringlist.size (to get a value from 0 to size-1)
loadfanart(stringlist.item(randomvalue))
I have also searched for multiple fanart support but cannot find
any "hard facts".

Does anyone know if this feature has been created and implemented
into a build/release?

It would have been really nice to have a fanart-cycle with a fade-out-in
effect. Smile

If someone has a easy way to achieve this within xbmc, I would appreciate all tips/tricks.
A pretty comprehensive / detailed proposal for Fanart / thumb improvement (including multiple instances) exists here...

http://xbmc-media-art-proposal.wikidot.com/

The issue of multiple fanarts / thumbs was all covered... it's also the subject of a change request.

However, I don't see it being implemented anytime soon.

BTW, this proposal is very comprehensive and looks way beyond just thumbs and fanart... it looks at multiple orientation support (so you can have art for landscape and portrait at the same time)...and stuff like Front and back covers, movie stills etc... it's ALL covered.
It also caters for art NOT having to be side by side with the media files (thus allowing for caching and artwork management all in one place, of course it still would support art side by side with the media too!)
strikeace Wrote:I have also searched for multiple fanart support but cannot find
any "hard facts".

Does anyone know if this feature has been created and implemented
into a build/release?

It would have been really nice to have a fanart-cycle with a fade-out-in
effect. Smile

If someone has a easy way to achieve this within xbmc, I would appreciate all tips/tricks.
The "hard facts" are in this very thread. Read it again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple FanArt support?0