• 5(current)
XBMC Live on ASUS P5N7A-VM complete guide
Just a note that using the instructions on page one doesn't compile properly using the latest SVN. I ended up using a previous SVN that compiled perfectly and I am now enjoying the new Aeon Stark skin. Love everything so far.

The error I was getting has something to do with lcdio I believe.
sinnor Wrote:Just a note that using the instructions on page one doesn't compile properly using the latest SVN. I ended up using a previous SVN that compiled perfectly and I am now enjoying the new Aeon Stark skin. Love everything so far.

The error I was getting has something to do with lcdio I believe.

Run this:

Code:
#sudo apt-get install libcdio-dev

Then run "STEP 16", again.
Sounds good. I will play around with that this weekend.

Thx.
Works fine now after I added that package.
harryzimm Wrote:Very Nice guide olympia.

If you want more space on the root partition download gparted live cd. It can resize the partitions created by the xbmc live installer. I made my sda1 partition 3.5gb larger and replaced the ext3fs.img with a larger one. You have have to manually make it bootable again by running syslinux.exe in windows but thats no problem. Bare in mind all changes made in the current ext3fs.img will be erased. I've only tested this with a hd install not flash drive.

To make a larger ext3fs.img in linux.
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=ext3fs.img bs=1M count=3500
mkfs.ext3 ext3fs.img -F
You can replace count= 3500 to whatever size although the sda1 partition is formatted in fat32 so i think it has a 4gb size limit(could be wrong about this).

cheers

Hi, could you be a bit more specific on this ? I tried with gparted but I'm not sure what partition to resize..... I'm running out of space when installing svn builds. Thanks !
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
harryzimm Wrote:Very Nice guide olympia.

If you want more space on the root partition download gparted live cd. It can resize the partitions created by the xbmc live installer. I made my sda1 partition 3.5gb larger and replaced the ext3fs.img with a larger one. You have have to manually make it bootable again by running syslinux.exe in windows but thats no problem. Bare in mind all changes made in the current ext3fs.img will be erased. I've only tested this with a hd install not flash drive.

To make a larger ext3fs.img in linux.
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=ext3fs.img bs=1M count=3500
mkfs.ext3 ext3fs.img -F
You can replace count= 3500 to whatever size although the sda1 partition is formatted in fat32 so i think it has a 4gb size limit(could be wrong about this).

cheers

Ok, I think i got it now. Resize the fat32 with the gparted live cd. But what about resizing the ext3fs.img ? Do i do this on my xbmclive machine or on another linux machine and then copy it back to the xbmc machine ?
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
Ok, I did all the resizing with Gparted, now how do i use syslinux to make the disk bootable again ? Thnx !
Arctic MC001 + Openelec
does anyone have any issues with this board after suspend (auto)? my network appears to die after waking up with an ubuntu 8.1 install.
yee379 Wrote:does anyone have any issues with this board after suspend (auto)? my network appears to die after waking up with an ubuntu 8.1 install.

It is not the board, it is an intrepid issue and some earlier releases, some do and some don't, google it there are plenty of things to try.

Dave
Suspend has to set to "s3 only" in bios.

This board is able to suspend and resume under Intrepid.
Although I don't have recent experiences with the Live version, it is working for me on a Linux installation.
olympia Wrote:Suspend has to set to "s3 only" in bios.

This board is able to suspend and resume under Intrepid.
Although I don't have recent experiences with the Live version, it is working for me on a Linux installation.

can you tell me which acpi/pm script you are using to suspend? i don't have an issue suspending once or twice, but after that it requires the psu to be turned off and on again.

i suspect it may be related to the nvidia drivers. i'm using 180.51.
I want to be able to use HDMI and SPDIF simultaniously. Is this possible in this setup?

The reason I want this, is that I want to be able to use sound from my LCD TV connected through HDMI and my receiver connected through SPDIF. I wan to do this without going into the alsa mixer everytime.

So if my receiver would be off, I still want sound from my LCDTV. And if I Mute the sound from my LCDTV I want to be able to have sound from my surround receiver.
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
everything works great untill I get to Step 20: sudo make install

then i get this output

Code:
(T: XBMCLiveCD)xbmc@XBMCLive:~/XBMC$ sudo make install
Creating target directories in /usr/share/xbmc
Copying system files to /usr/share/xbmc
-- Aderrasi - Anchorpulse (Pulse Of A Ghast II Mix).milk                        -- Phat_Zylot_Eo.S._Krash I_hope_someone_will_see_this_triping_v2b.milk         -- Krash & Rovastar - Altars of Madness (Mad Ocean Mix).milk                    -- Rovastar & Che - Adela The Flower (Altars Of Madness Mix 2).milk             -- Rovastar - Altars Of Madness 4 (Spirit Of Twisted Madness M.milk             -- Rozzor and Rovastar - Altars Of Madness 3 (ooze tweak).milk                  -- Krash and Rovastar - Rainbow Orb 2 Peacock (Bmelgren's Comp.milk             -- Eo.S. - skylight a3 [trip colors flux2]_phat_Multi_shaped2_zoe_colours5.milk -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Twisted Truth Mix).milk                 -- Rovastar - A Million Miles From Earth (Wormhole Mix).milk                    -- Rovastar - Harlequin's Dynamic Fractal (Dual Spiral Mix ).milk               -- fiShbRaiN - cthulhus asshole (bad breakfast remix).milk                      -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Voyage Of Twisted Soul.milk             -- Idiot & Rovastar - Altars Of Madness 2 (X.42 Mix).milk                       -- Geiss & Rovastar - The Chaos Of Colours (sprouting dimentia mix).milk        -- Krash & Zylot - Inside The Planar Portal (Indecision Mix).milk               -- Rozzer & Zylot - Force Field Generator (Slowtime Tweak).milk                 -- Rovastar & StudioMusic - More Cherished Desires.milk                         -- Eo.S. - glowsticks v2 05 and proton lights (+Krash's beat code) _Phat_remix0 -- Bmelgren - Pentultimate Nerual Slipstream (Tweak 2).milk                     -- Geiss - Three And A Half Kinds Of Amphetamines.milk                          -- EMPR - Random - They're so cute Dad can I keep one!.milk                     -- Rovastar & Fvese - Stranger Minds (Astral Mix).milk                          -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Mysticial Awakening Mi.milk             -- Rovastar - Sunflower Passion (Enlightment Mix)_Phat_edit.milk                -- Rovastar - Fractopia (Fantic Dancing Lights Mix).milk                        -- Rovastar - Harlequin's Delight (Endless Tunnel Mix).milk                     -- Rozzor & Rovastar - Oozing Resistance (Waveform Mod).milk                    -- Zylot - Tangent Universe (Collapsed With Artifact Mix).milk                  -- Rovastar - Inner Thoughts (Frantic Thoughts Mix).milk                        -- Geiss and Rovastar - The Chaos Of Colours (sprouting diment.milk             -- Rovastar - Decreasing Dreams (Increasing Memory Mix) .milk                   -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Smoke Mix).milk                         -- Rovastar - Touchdown on Mars (Detailed Pictures Mix).milk                    -- shifter - escape the worm - Eo.S. + Phat 5362.milk                           -- Unchained - Painful Plasma (Multi-Wave Mirrored Rage) -- Ro.milk             -- Rovastar and Krash - Hallucinogenic Pyramids (Extra Beat Ti.milk             -- Studio Music and Unchained - Rapid Alteration.milk                           -- Telek - Directive Swagger (Spectral Inferno) (fix...) maybe.milk             -- Aderrasi - Anomalous Material Science (Pure Splinter Mix).milk               -- Krash & Rovastar - Cerebral Demons - Phat + Eo.S. hall of ghouls Remix.milk  -- Aderrasi - Causeway Of Dreams (Nightmare Mix).milk                           -- Rovastar - Lost Souls of the Bermuda Triangle (Darkest Soul.milk             -- Telek EMPR - Scanner - Trust me I've got a Melways.milk                      -- StudioMusic Aderrasi & nil - LA movement (Intellectual Sens.milk             -- Eo.S.+Phat Fractical_dancer - pulsate box_mix.milk                           -- Eo.S.+Phat Cool Bug v2 + (Krash's beat detection).milk                       -- Krash - War Machine (Shifting Complexity Mix).milk                           -- Idiot & Zylot - Unhealthy Love (Idiot's STDs Mix).milk                       -- StudioMusic & Unchained - State Of Discretion.milk                           -- Rovastar - A Million Miles from Earth (Pathfinder Mix).milk                  -- Rovastar - Kalideostars (Altars Of Madness MIx).milk                         -- Krash & Rovastar - Cerebral Demons - Phat + Eo.S. Killer Death Bunny Remix.m -- Unchained & Rovastar - Wormhole Pillars (Hall of Shadows mi.milk             -- Eo.S. - glowsticks v2 05 and proton lights (+Krash's beat code) _Phat_remix0 -- Eo.S. - heater core C_Phat's_class + sparks_mix.milk                         -- Geiss and Rovastar - The Chaos Of Colours (sprouting dimentia mix).milk      -- Rovastar & Idiot24-7 - Mixed Emotions (Harlequin's Shame Mi.milk             -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Voyage Of Twisted Souls Mix).milk       -- Krash & Rovastar - Cerebral Demons (Distant Memory Mix).milk                 -- Rovastar - Eye On Reality (Mega 3 Mix)_phat_edit.milk                        -- Rovastar - Fractopia (Focused Childhood Mix ).milk                           -- Zylot - Block Of Sound (Abstract Architecture Mix).milk                      -- Bmelgren & Krash - Rainbow Orb Peacock (Centred Journey Mix.milk             -- Rovastar - Harlequin's Dynamic Fractal (Crazed Spiral Mix).milk              -- Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR mix).prjm                        -- Rovastar - The Chaos Of Colours (Drifting Mix).milk                          -- StudioMusic & Unchained - Remembering How You Were (Perceived Mix).milk      -- Rovastar - Fractopia (Upspoken Mix)_Phat_Speak_When_Spoken_2.milk            -- Rovastar - Altars Of Madness 4 (Spirit Of Twisted Madness Mix).milk          -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Smoking Delusion Mix).milk              -- Zylot & Rovastar - Crystal Ball (Cerimonial Decor Mix).milk                  -- Rovastar - Altars Of Madness (A Million Miles From Earth Mi.milk             -- shifter - escape the worm - Eo.S. + Phat - Before_It_Eats_Your_Brain_Mix_v2. -- Geiss & Rovastar - Tokamak (Naked Intrusion Mix).milk                        -- Rovastar - Omnipresence Resurrection (Raw Mix).milk                          -- Unchained - Painful Plasma (Multi-Wave Mirrored Rage) -- Rozzor triangle twe -- Mstress - Acoustic Nerve Impulses (Under Drug Effetcs (Hypn.milk             -- Rovastar & Zylot - Azirphaeli's Plan (Multiplan Mix).milk                    -- Rovastar & Unchained - Demonology (Vampire Soul Mix).milk                    -- Bmelgren & Krash - Rainbow Orb Peacock (Lonely Signal Gone .milk             -- Telek - Target Practice (tracking retreat slide).milk                        -- Zylot - Block Of Sound (Fractal Construction Mix).milk                       -- Rozzor and StudioMusic - Vertigyny (Geiss shape mod).milk                    -- Rovastar & Unchained - Ambrosia Mystic (Dark Heart Mix).milk                 -- CatalystTheElder - Electric Rosebud_Phat_texture_edit.milk                   -- Rovastar & Idiot24-7 - Mixed Emotions (Harlequin's Shame Mix).milk           -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Broken Destiny Mix).milk                -- Krash and Fvese - Molten Indecision (Fvese Remix).milk                       -- Rovastar - Dark Ritual (Star Of Destiny Denied Mix).milk                     -- Zylot & Idiot - ATan2 Demo (Spiraling Mad Mix).milk                          -- Rovastar and Unchained - Life After Pie (Remix).milk                         -- Rovastar - Altars Of Madness 2 (Frozen Time Mix).milk                        -- idiot - Nothing Yet - 03 - The worst of the pack.milk                        -- Zylot and Rovastar - Iouo Stone Morphic Fusion.milk                          -- Rovastar - Hallucinogenic Pyramids (Beat Time Mix).milk                      -- Rovastar - Inner Thoughts (Clouded Judgement Mix).milk                       -- Rovastar - Inner Thoughts (Strange Cargo Mix).milk                           -- Phat+fiShbRaiN+Eo.S_Mandala_Chasers_remix - www.eos4life.com.milk            -- Zylot & Aderrasi - Oceanic Bassograph (New Jersey Shore Mix.milk             -- Zylot - The Inner Workings of my New Computer.milk                           -- Eo.S. - heater core C_Phat's_on route_mix+beam.milk                          -- Rovastar & Telek - Altars of Madness (Rolling Oceans Mix).milk               -- Rovastar & Geiss - Dynamic Swirls 3 (Poltergiest Mix).milk                   -- Krash & Rovastar - The Devil Is In The Details.milk                          -- Rovastar - Inner Thoughts (Distant Memories Mix).milk                        -- Rovastar & Unchained - Voodoo Chess Magnet (Everglow Mix).milk               -- Unchained - Subjective Experience Of The Manifold.milk                       -- Zylot & Mstress - Toxic Storm On Acid Sea (The End Of The W.milk             -- Geiss & Rovastar - Julia Fractal (Vectrip Mix).milk                          -- Rovastar & Aderrasi - Oceanic Bassograph (Underwater Mix).milk               -- Rovastar - Decreasing Dreams (Extended Movement Mix).milk                    -- Rovastar & Zylot - Crystal Ball (Cerimonial Decor).milk                      -- Redi Jedi - multiple points of origin, one destination.milk                  -- Krash & Rovastar - A Million Miles from Earth (Ripple Mix).milk              -- Rozzor and Rovastar - Altars Of Madness 3 (ooze tweak with .milk             -- Rovastar - Altars Of Harlequin's Madness (Dark Disorder Mix.milk             -- Phat_Rovastar - What_does_your_soul_look_like.milk                           -- PieturP - triptrap_(getting_concrete_visions_through_a_diafragma_version).m
Copying XBMC binary to /usr/share/xbmc/xbmc.bin
cp: cannot stat `xbmc.bin': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1
I get the same exact problem with the 9.04 minimal installation htpcPHK. I think we're missing a dependency or something. Anyone have any ideas? I'm also using the P5N7A-VM. I'm using 8.04 minimal in the meantime.
Has anyone tried to install XBMCLive 9.04.1?
I'm not getting any sound at all. Search and tried allot!!

If anyone with this card made it work please let me knowSmile
XBMC Live 9.11
Intel core duo 2,E7400 2.80GHz
P5N7A-VM
1 GB DDR2 667MHz
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on ASUS P5N7A-VM complete guide2