Adding support for another remote by using existing lirc files
Hi,
I have just installed XBMC Live on a dedicated computer. I have a Digimatrix remote control (ASUS XPC-RC01 Control) connected and to my supprise some of the remote buttons worked by default. I found that the proper lirc file for my remote is /usr/share/lirc/remotes/asus/lircd.conf.digimatrix.

Is there any way to change xbmc to use that lirc file instead of the default one? I tried to change /etc/lirc/lircd.conf but I didn't have enough permission to change it. I had the same result with hardware.conf

Ideas anyone?

Thanks! Smile
sudo cp will work...
l.capriotti Wrote:sudo cp will work...

Okay, tanks! I'm a newbie on Linux though so it would be great if someone cared to write the steps and command lines needed to get the Digimatrix remote working.

Thanks Smile
Pexter Wrote:Okay, tanks! I'm a newbie on Linux though so it would be great if someone cared to write the steps and command lines needed to get the Digimatrix remote working.

Thanks Smile

while in xbmc hit ALT+CTRL 1
this will take you to a terminal, where you need to login first.
so before you do anything else, enter your user name: xbmc
and password: xbmc [hit enter]

now that you are logged in you need to copy the file you said you found into the location that xbmc/lirc looks for it.

In linux to run commands as the "Administrator" you need to put a "sudo" (SuperUserDo) infront of the line. So first lets create a backup copy of the original file before we replace it, type this:
sudo mv /etc/lirc/lircd.conf /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.bak
what the above line actually does is assume admin rights while renaming the file from lircd.conf to lircd.conf.bak

Then to copy the file you type this:
sudo cp /usr/share/lirc/remotes/asus/lircd.conf.digimatrix /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
crackerbox Wrote:while in xbmc hit ALT+CTRL 1.......

Thanks a lot! I guess some changes are also needed in the hardware.conf file before it will work?

Happy new year all! Big Grin
Pexter Wrote:... I guess some changes are also needed in the hardware.conf file before it will work?

Ideas anyone? (what settings needs to be changed in hardware.conf before it will work)

Thanks! Smile
in Atlantis 'Gold', i didn't have to touch hardware.conf.

i've converted to using a tivo series 2 remote and all i had to do was replace lircd.conf (in /etc/lirc) and modify /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml to define the button-press actions.

you need to add a stanza for you remote device, similar to the one that already exists for "mceusb", etc... the "remote device" name must match the "name" field in your lircd.conf file. the xml tags such as <play>XXX</play> represent the actions in XBMC and the XXX part is the label for the button you want to perform that action, as defined in the lircd.conf file.

for example:

<play>2_PLAY</play>

where 2_PLAY is the button label in my lircd.conf file (the bit before the hex code).
Pexter,

usually it is the remote , remote device, remote lircd location and remote driver you are using. If you check out Lirc's web-site all the docs are there.

IF you search Google for Digitmatrix and Lirc you will probably find some how-to's on the web in abundance.

Dave
from lirc.org:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/asus...digimatrix
Hello,

Im new here. I Have a HTPC with following Configuration:

ASUS A7V600-X
AMD ATHLON XP 2800+
1,5 GB DDR
RADEON 9550/X1050

Case is Thermaltake VF7001BNS DH101. Remote Control was included. I found file here but could it work ? http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/thermaltake/.

Im totally new to Linux and XBMC. I want install Live to HDD.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding support for another remote by using existing lirc files0