• 9(current)
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon?
Unrelated, but I guess there is no way to see why a movie is rated what it is? All the "Rated R for strong sci-fi violence and action, and for language and brief nudity." info isn't in the info screen?
It's right underneath the word 'Terminator'.
Not the details of the rating. "Strong sci-fi violence and action, and for language and brief nudity" is nowhere to be found... Unless I'm really blind.
Notes:

1920x1080 display

movie.tbn dimensions 720x1080

Default thumbsize (512) - NO <thumbsize> used in advancedsettings.xml

INFO SCREEN with -BIG.PNG

INFO SCREEN with cached tbn

Just for you guys here's the result when using the original poster (1000x1500) as the '-big.png'

1920x1080 display

movie.tbn dimensions 1000x1500

<thumbsize>1024</thumbsize> used in advancedsettings.xml

INFO SCREEN with -BIG.PNG

INFO SCREEN with cached tbn

Is this Big Info view the only info view available? Or is there another?
I'm a bit confused on the "-big.png" poster. Does stark look for "filename.mkv-big.png" (if the movie is in .mkv format), or simply "moviename-big.png"? If the former is correct, then does that mean that a dvd ripped to .vob files would need the poster named "VIDEO_TS.ifo-big.png"?
Hitcher Wrote:Notes:

They all look the same! Are you sure that poster's high res?
djh_ Wrote:They all look the same! Are you sure that poster's high res?

There's a noticeable difference in the poster quality between the first two and the second two.
If this poster had more detail this would be much more obvious.
OK, one last time using this suggested poster (1000x1500) -
daveisadork Wrote:http://themoviedb.org/image/posters/6793/folder.jpg

INFO using '-BIG.PNG'

INFO using cached thumb (default thumbsize 512)

INFO using cached thumb (advancedsettings thumbsize 1024)

Yes there's a difference between using '-big.png' and just the cached thumb but whether it's worth having the same image twice in your folders is up to you to decide.
Upping the thumbsize to increase the quality of the cached thumb causes the scrolling of movies to slow down and not be as smooth, plus they looked worse when scaled down to fit the poster size.

Personally I think the standard cached thumb does the job as long as your original movie.tbn from which it's created is big enough.
Hitcher Wrote:Yes there's a difference between using '-big.png' and just the cached thumb but whether it's worth having the same image twice in your folders is up to you to decide.
Upping the thumbsize to increase the quality of the cached thumb causes the scrolling of movies to slow down and not be as smooth, plus they looked worse when scaled down to fit the poster size.

Personally I think the standard cached thumb does the job as long as your original movie.tbn from which it's created is big enough.

I could barely tell the difference between the -BIG and the 512 cache. Definitely not enough of a difference to make me double up all my poster artwork. Smile
I figure this is a good thread for this information

MIP (media info plus) generates the media information for your media and add's it to the .nfo file.

cptBry worked out the details on xbmc side, and we worked out what fields and data to put into the .nfo

I have also sent the required code to Media Companions author so the .nfo's are created the same as what the hd flaggin is looking for. It's also on sourceforge as MIP is open source.

Each video stream, audio and subtitle stream's data is written to the .nfo for movies and tvshows.

Here's what the "fileinfo" looks like in the .nfo for xbmc
The language is the 3 digit code

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-03-24T20:11:06.53125-08:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.2</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1920</width>
        <height>804</height>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <formatinfo>AVC</formatinfo>
        <duration>1h 37mn 19s 916ms</duration>
        <bitrate>6 772 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.mkv</container>
        <codecid>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>deu</language>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>1 536 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <language>eng</language>
        <codec>DTS</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>1 536 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language>deu</language>
      </subtitle>
      <subtitle>
        <language>eng</language>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>WALL-E (HD)</title>
..... more movie details, standard xbmc format ......
</movie>
Can MIP update all your current nfo's with that video resolution and audio details without overwriting the existing data in the nfo? I've spent a fair amount of time updating some movie titles, plot synopsis, etc. and really don't want to lose my customized info.
LaTropa64 Wrote:Can MIP update all your current nfo's with that video resolution and audio details without overwriting the existing data in the nfo? I've spent a fair amount of time updating some movie titles, plot synopsis, etc. and really don't want to lose my customized info.

Yes it can, you just select 'Auto Pilot' and then 'Update Media Information Only!'.

Hopefully AEON can use this info and save everyone having to rename all their movies. Shouldn't be too hard as it already gets the Studio and MPAA Rating from them.
Hitcher Wrote:Yes it can, you just select 'Auto Pilot' and then 'Update Media Information Only!'.
Awesome! I've been using MediaCompanion but I'll be giving MIP a try now.

Quote:Hopefully AEON can use this info and save everyone having to rename all their movies. Shouldn't be too hard as it already gets the Studio and MPAA Rating from them.
Yeah, I'm definitely not interested in renaming all my media. I like them being nice and simple like "Hitman (2007).mkv".

But does Aeon grab the studio and rating details straight from the nfo or does it use that data because it's been scanned into the library?
That info will be scanned to the database anyway.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preparing all my 'media' for Aeon?3