Stream HD from XBMC to another PC? Help!!!
Hi everyone!

Just finished up my HTPC and I have it as a true mediaserver with all my media on it. Everything works fine...

My girlfriend really loves that she can control and play the music via the remote on her netbook. Then she ask if she could play the song/movie (Up to 1080 HD content) on her laptop instead... And I respond: -"Of course..."

But now I have been looking all over the place how to properly stream media from the XBMC server to her laptop and I cannot find any information. I thought that the XBMC webserver did that but I realised that it just was for the remote control access. Of course i have mapped out the folders on my network for all computers to see. I have wireless draft n that reports 260Mbit on her computer. When playing the file from a folder from HTPC it stutters.

Is there any easy solution that is girlfriend friendlyHuh

Please help...
Install XBMC on her laptop?
what it reports and what you actually get out is not always the same thing. For 1080 content wireless is not the best choise. But it might not be the network, what are the specs of the computer and can it actually play 1080 content? try the same file from hdd and see if it plays it.
>what it reports and what you actually get out is not always the same thing.

I sure know that... Not a noob when it comes to computers... just a noob when it comes to HTPC and fileserving. :-P

It can play 1080 no problem if it´s locally. Forgot to mention that. Isn´t there some kind of built in server i XBMC so that I can stream it to her computer? Or do I have to install som kind of file server on the HTPC so that she can see the files in the same way she sees the shared folders on the HTPC (any ideas of a really small application?). I know that Windows network share not are up to the task of providing HD streams really... I´m looking for a similar solution. Maybe one that she can logon to a webpage (Sort of same as the one she logs on to when she remotes the XBMC) an that you can click on the files listed and it plays on her laptop....
windows network shares works just fine for hd streaming. Just use them and then she can open the files. The thing you wanted with the webpage streaming doesn't really have anything to do with xbmc, don't even know if it's possible.
It´s possible with Tversity but I don´t want that kind of solution. Downloaded HFS fileserver and tried but it just allows you to download it quickly to the computer and play it locally.. arggh... It was small program though. I guess I just have to use Tversity then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream HD from XBMC to another PC? Help!!!0