• 25(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
hey harshl,

Sync's fine on my end. Using sync playback to display on the latest dharma xbmc live though. Should be receiving my ion box any day now, hope sync is not all f'ed up when I get it. Eek

sebj
Hey guys, I have the latest version of XBMC. I've been trying to get the XBMCmythtv script working. I downloaded mythtv for ubuntu 9.04...

I then downloaded the xbmcmythtv script off source forge I think it was 20.34. Anyway when I go to run it it states:

"MythTV Server Connection Failed
XBMCMythTV is Unable to Continue"

So it brings me to the settings. So everything looks right for my primary Host IP/Name, I left the port on default. Then for my SQL Hostname I have the IP set to my primary host. Should they be the same? Again I left the port default. MySQL user name and password looked right so I left it. I didn't think I added a pass to MySQL database but when I check it set to "sld2eCJV".

As you can see I need some help. Anything would be great
That script looks a little out of date. Try adding a video source like this.
myth://mysql-username:mysql-password@mysql-host-or-ip
example
Code:
myth://mythtv:[email protected]

You can find your mysql info. in your home folder ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt .

I highly recommend getting the newest beta 4 of xbmc. There have been a lot of fixes for myth:// .
Quote:Is anyone having progressively worse audio sync issues when playing back video with this script?

Ok so I got the ION box, and my sync issues are more around drop frames when the video displays :pc1 to pc:none

XBMClive, but it's the same either in this script or in xbmc normally.

Used to spend less time fiddling config when xbmc was all on Xbox... Oo
OK, sorry, was not paying attention there for a bit.

I tried latest trunk mythbox fetched from Hg on Ubuntu 10.04/XBMC Dharma Beta 4

Clearly I am still doing something wrong: it still does not work for me, at all. It hangs before I ever get to the settings screen the first time.

I get the mythbox logo. Then a popup telling me SQL connection failed (which is hardly surprising since I have not explained to it yet how to connect to the database).

Then I get the screen start to draw, and the spinning "play" icon will draw a few green segments. Then hang. XBMC has to be killed.

This is slightly different from my XP experience, but not hugely.

XBMC debug log here: http://pastebin.com/uaCCXWqK

What else different from default? I have XBMC user profiles setup. I have a bunch of Dharma plugins installed, all work normally. I "installed" mythbox by linking to the checkout dir from addons as analogue explained up there a few pages back. I have created a scripts_data dir by linking to the addon_data dir as suggested elsewhere here.

I am running on the mythtv backend (separate machine) mythtv 0.23-1 fixes branch, built from source. Myth frontend on the same machine as XBMC also built from that branch. Working fine. Myth backend is running.

Any hints accepted, but I can only poke about at this in the evenings so there will be a delay in replies.
liamf Wrote:OK, sorry, was not paying attention there for a bit.

I tried latest trunk mythbox fetched from Hg on Ubuntu 10.04/XBMC Dharma Beta 4

Clearly I am still doing something wrong: it still does not work for me, at all. It hangs before I ever get to the settings screen the first time.

I get the mythbox logo. Then a popup telling me SQL connection failed (which is hardly surprising since I have not explained to it yet how to connect to the database).

Then I get the screen start to draw, and the spinning "play" icon will draw a few green segments. Then hang. XBMC has to be killed.

This is slightly different from my XP experience, but not hugely.

XBMC debug log here: http://pastebin.com/uaCCXWqK

What else different from default? I have XBMC user profiles setup. I have a bunch of Dharma plugins installed, all work normally. I "installed" mythbox by linking to the checkout dir from addons as analogue explained up there a few pages back. I have created a scripts_data dir by linking to the addon_data dir as suggested elsewhere here.

I am running on the mythtv backend (separate machine) mythtv 0.23-1 fixes branch, built from source. Myth frontend on the same machine as XBMC also built from that branch. Working fine. Myth backend is running.

Any hints accepted, but I can only poke about at this in the evenings so there will be a delay in replies.

As a workaround, you can try editing ~/.xbmc/userdata/script_data/mythbox/settings.xml with your mysql information.
I got bored this afternoon and figured I'd take a look at the new Myth version. Mythtv .24 now requires protocol 63 which Analog doesn't have entered into the code yet. If you have a working MythBox setup don't upgrade yet. When they switched to protocol 56 it took a few weeks to get support added into Mythbox. I uninstalled .24 and went back to .23 and everything is honky dory again.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Mr. Analogue Sir,

Have you looked at getting the skip forward and back functions working?
Although the fast forward function sort of works it doesn't stop when it reaches the eof which is logical as it's a stream and there is no eof. If you don't stop the fast forward it seems to keep going even when it catches up to live and almost looks like it will let me see into the future.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Big Grin 
Is there any planned support for using channel groups setup within mythtv? I have hundreds of channels and it's a nightmare scrolling through to check certain ones.

If this feature was incorporated I could finally ditch my mythtv frontend and use XBMC for everything! Nod
I am sorry to be noob, but I am having problems with commercial skips.

I installed the myth backend with mostly default settings, and it has "flagged X commercials" when I see the recordings via mythweb. So it sure looks like commercial flagging is working.

I have tried mythbox on dharma, and even myth:// on camelot releases..... but commercials still play. Is there something obvious I am missing? Do most people transcode their videos and remove the commercialsHuh Would logs help, which ones?

thanks if you have any tips. Commercial skips would be the knive in the heart of my alternate - win 7 mce. (I know, throw stones at me now)
Dobyken Wrote:Mr. Analogue Sir,

Have you looked at getting the skip forward and back functions working?
Although the fast forward function sort of works it doesn't stop when it reaches the eof which is logical as it's a stream and there is no eof. If you don't stop the fast forward it seems to keep going even when it catches up to live and almost looks like it will let me see into the future.

Assuming you're talking about livetv only, that would be a problem with the built in xbmc support for mythtv via the myth:// URL scheme. I personally don't watch live tv all that much but I think I know what you're talking about. I would report the issue on xbmc's trac instance
MythBox for XBMC - http://mythbox.googlecode.com
For those of you using dharma, mythbox 1.0.0 is now installable from the official xbmc add-on repo (under video addons). Enjoy!!

Regarding support for 0.24, it's in the works...
behaviour Wrote:Is there any planned support for using channel groups setup within mythtv? I have hundreds of channels and it's a nightmare scrolling through to check certain ones.

If this feature was incorporated I could finally ditch my mythtv frontend and use XBMC for everything! Nod

Not at this time but if you add a feature request on the googlecode issue tracker, it will definitely have a greater chance of getting implemented by me or someone else.
Just an update and thanks to Analogue.

With XBMC Dharma RC1 and Mythbox just grabbed from hg and put into the correct dir under addons in the XBMC install, I finally got Mythbox working!

I had to make sure to mount the set of MythTV recording dirs on the frontend (I use a remote frontend). And I installed ffmpeg on the frontend. I read someplace that this was required, not sure.

But now it's working fine!

It's a bit odd that on my home machine, Mythbox does not show up as an add-on for me (I am using the SVN PPA). On an apparently identical machine I have setup at work, Mythbox shows up as a video add-on - and also works fine when installed using the add-on menu in XBMC.

I have not looked into the Hg repos in detail: the version installed as an add-on in work shows up as 1.0.0 whereas the version I have from Hg is 1.0.RC2

Still, it's working now, and it's pretty stable and looks terrific. Fantastic addition to XBMC, well done to Analogue.
analogue Wrote:For those of you using dharma, mythbox 1.0.0 is now installable from the official xbmc add-on repo (under video addons). Enjoy!!

Regarding support for 0.24, it's in the works...

Great! I will install Mythbuntu as a VM and try it out! I've been wanting to get rid of Win 7 MCE for awhile now.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4