• 51(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
(2012-04-22, 04:13)dteirney Wrote: If anyone using MythBox is interested in being able to test some code changes that I've made to (in theory) support Myth 0.25 please have a look at:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129021

Works for me with DTierney's cmyth git version of XBMC. Thanks...

(2012-05-03, 14:04)SilverLining Wrote: GROAN!
I spoke too soon. All the menus work and the test works but recordings don't play - no error mesage - just nothing happens.
Below is the relevant log file extract. It looks like it might be something to do with "unable to load file". I have checked and user01 is a member of the mythtv group so should have access to the recordings folder.
Any suggestions?

I'm happy to report that I've got it to play recordings by switching the Streaming option off, however I still get nothing happening when I select a live TV channel.
Guys if you can reply in dteirney in his thread about his work, this thread is about MythBox which his work is fairly unrelated to as his work is on xbmc core.
(2012-05-10, 16:23)mitch.capper Wrote: Guys if you can reply in dteirney in his thread about his work, this thread is about MythBox which his work is fairly unrelated to as his work is on xbmc core.

Hi there mitch.caper, just wondering are you now the unofficial maintainer for MythBox? Is analogue still working on the add-on? I notice that he hasn't made commits to the github repo for > 3 months, nor merged any of the edits in your fork at https://github.com/mitchcapper/mythbox
Not at all, analogue has recently been handling some personal items but is still working on MythBox. As a MythBox user who also runs head on mythtv I have worked with him on some fixes and keeping the protocols up to date with the latest versions of mythtv. Recently mythbox transitioned to git and I gained a github account so I figured I would just submit my changes that way rather than through him. I believe things are startling to settle back down for him so I am sure we will see the official plugin catch up soon.
Does anyone know what the CPU requirements for MythBox are? I'm looking at building a new HTPC using the AMD APU (ie http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6856119059). This machine works fine with regular HD playback according to other forum posts but I'm not sure if MythBox is more demanding when it comes to CPU. Has anyone tried using a machine like this yet?
MythBox just uses XBMC to play the video which is the most demanding part of the app. If you want an idea copy one of your HD recordings to your XBMC video folder and play it.
I've just set up XBMC on a 1st Gen appleTV running crystalbuntu. I've installed mythbox, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to my backend (I have several other remote frontends working fine). However, my setup is 0.25 (protocol 72).

The code.google.com site for mythbox says only 0.24 is supported, but the github site claims support for 0.25. Does mythbox work with 0.25?
(2012-05-31, 23:40)scram69 Wrote: I've just set up XBMC on a 1st Gen appleTV running crystalbuntu. I've installed mythbox, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to my backend (I have several other remote frontends working fine). However, my setup is 0.25 (protocol 72).

The code.google.com site for mythbox says only 0.24 is supported, but the github site claims support for 0.25. Does mythbox work with 0.25?

Well, you won't receive the protocol errors anymore. It does find my recordings and such. But for some reason that I have not looked into yet, it won't play them or go to live TV. But yes, it is somewhat working for me with .25.
Its extremely important to understand this plugin has nothing to do with playing LiveTV. Live TV is handled through the myth:// protocol support in XBMC and it is up to XBMC core if livetv playing will work with a specific mythtv backend. As for recordings try not streaming them and instead use a mounted share, I can confirm it working with XBMC and 0.25 however I am using mounted shares.
I am really struggling with this. I have just installed XBMCbuntu and Mythtv and MythBox

I cannot for the life of me get them to connect. I have set the server in the backend setup to be localhost and I did the same in the Mythbox setup and it says it cannot connect.

I am also trying to get LiveTV to work and I have no idea to get that working either.
1) Ensure your myth backend has an IP your XBMC box can ping.
2) Mount your recordings folder using file sharing locally
3) Configure your XBMC mythbox with your backends IP and the local mount for recordings do not use streaming to troubleshoot
4) Post the detailed error you get.

LiveTV as mentioned has nothing to do with this plugin so you will need to talk to XBMC support separate about that.
but then why does it say this in post #1?

Quote:MythBox is a MythTV frontend for XBMC (Python Script)
Watch recordings with commercial skipping
Watch Live TV
Schedule recordings

Either way I don't even think myth backend is running. When I log into xbmcbuntu then i get one error, if I log into XBMC then i get a different error.
Well I guess the first post should say instead:
Provides Live TV Guide, A button to Enter Live TV, Live TV Channel Changing, however Live TV Playback is fully handled by XBMC core.

But I didn't write it.
Definitely getting your backend working is step one. MythTV has MythWEB you can use to also control your backend without the frontend and once you have recordings working well you can try MythBox for a frontend.

(2012-06-20, 19:53)mitch.capper Wrote: 1) Ensure your myth backend has an IP your XBMC box can ping.
2) Mount your recordings folder using file sharing locally
3) Configure your XBMC mythbox with your backends IP and the local mount for recordings do not use streaming to troubleshoot
4) Post the detailed error you get.

LiveTV as mentioned has nothing to do with this plugin so you will need to talk to XBMC support separate about that.

OK I think I am getting there. I don't get an error now (except when booting up liveTV but then I haven't managed to get my TV capture card configured yet). So hopefully this works. Now I just need to find ubuntu drivers for my LEADTEK WINFAST PXDTV1300 T. Think that might be a long shot though
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4