• 8(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
wallbunny Wrote:Hi - Can't wait to get this working - unfortunatly it does not support current protocol in svn(45)
Hope you will add support for it soon

I've attached a patch for protocol 45 support. Should be a week or so before I get a new release out.
MythBox for XBMC - http://mythbox.googlecode.com
aaaaaakash Wrote:Hi, I'm a newbie here, trying to get things to work here. I am running XBMC on my Windows XP machine. I have got my mythTV backend setup on a virtual machine (ubuntu) which is running on the same system. I have managed to get the mythbox script to connect to the backend. Now when I choose a live tv channel, it can't find the stream.

I am guessing it is because I haven't set up the "recording directories" path properly in the mythbox settings. I don't know what path I am supposed to use. Is it possible to use a path on my actual XP machine, or does is have to be within the Ubuntu Virtual Machine? I appreciate any help, and a really appreciate all the work that has gone into this! Thanks in advance.

You need to make your recording dir in your Ubuntu VM visible to windows.
Export your recording dir using samba in Ubuntu and just mount it in Windows.
kasper-pa- Wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for this plugin! works great on my setup!!

:cheers:

Kasp

Good to hear!
Progress..

06/02/2009 - MythBox SVN 1105
=============================
- fixed : Issue 37 - Failed to startup on windows
- fixed : Issue 2 - MySQL shared object library for amd64
- fixed : Issue 31 - Channel duplication across multipe tuners with same guide data fixed in Live TV screen
- fixed : Issue 30 - Fixed one terabyte+ diskspace reported incorrectly
- changed: Settings windows rewritten in WindowXML, help added, and save button removed.
- changed: Live TV progress bar now includes buffer size while buffering
- updated: support for MythTV 0.22 (trunk) protocol 45
analogue Wrote:Progress..

It also fixes issue 23 =)
I just uploaded a quick fix for Issue 37 - Failed to start up on windows.
analogue Wrote:I just uploaded a quick fix for Issue 37 - Failed to start up on windows.

Which unfortunately results in failure to start up on Ubuntu 9.10:

Error: %s
No module named platform

Although I can "import platform" in ipython, so it must be something related to xbmc's builtin python?

/A
Sorry if this goes slightly off topic but its sort of two questions in one:

Is this MythBox plug in presented like all other plug ins under XBMC (namely under videos/plug ins which IMHO looks and feels cr@ppy) or does it have a nice clean main menu path?

If it is like other plugins can anyone please suggest a way I can either get this feature under Aeon (i have searched and turned up only rejected feature requests) or another skin that this could be possible under?

How do you guys have it set up? I just don't want to go to the trouble of having this nice TV server setup with a working feature set only to be required to dig down through 3 menus to get to what I consider a main feature (if not the biggest on my HTPC anyway)

I am yet to install XBMC on my Ubuntu system (only started last night after ditching XP) so I can't experiment myself until *touch wood* I get XBMC and MythTV running tomorrow evening...

Sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree!
modern69messiah Wrote:I just don't want to go to the trouble of having this nice TV server setup with a working feature set only to be required to dig down through 3 menus to get to what I consider a main feature (if not the biggest on my HTPC anyway)

It's an XBMC script, not an XBMC plugin. You go into scripts from main menu and select MythBox to start it.

/A
Hey there , first of all awesome script. I got this running over mythbuntu 9.04. I just sorted all the interlacing issues , all i need to do now is figure why Lirc is being non responsive. Can take up to 5-10 presses for it to move the Cursor Sad . Questions how can i make the script executable from the main menu of XBMC
It looks like Issue 2 isn't fixed. I've posted a comment in the Issue 2 google code web page with more information about it. If you need logs or other info, I will be glad helping you. :p

Thanks in advance,

--
el Seba
I'm having the problem of just the buffer playing before playback stops. Was the reason ever found out or is it just me not setting something correcty?
Taken me ages so far and the bit i can watch looks great, can't wait to finally get it all working.

Mike
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
Is this script going to be used for the unified-pvr banch as a basis for the mythtv client? There's a bit of obscurity right now about how pvr clients will be implement, but i think an API is being put together in that branch to simplify xbmc talking to PVR backends (including mythtv).
are you involved with this effort?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
Hmm, seems I didn't have email notification set so I only just realised some one had replied to my earlier post Oo

Same deal if it's a script - I am using mediastream as my skin and it allows for custom menu alterations so I may convert a no longer used menu entry to directly run MythBox. Definitely looks like the way to go at this stage!
OK, I know a little bit more about what I'm doing no so I'll refrase and try a new question Oo

I have managed to create a main menu link to the MythBox script. The problem is I cannot figure out the correct way to launch it..

I have this to work from:

Quote:<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videofiles,plugin://video/MythBox)</onclick>

And have tried XBMC.RunScript(....) but that did not appear to work either.

Does anyone possibly have a solution? I'm clearly not sure how to link scripts properly! I might put up a dedicated post about this if I can't find anything else.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4