• 33(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
Another question. I know when you schedule a recording it has the option to select Auto-Transcode. Well I have setup a User Job to transcode to h.264.

Is there a way to have mythbox do a userjob? I know it works as I have tested it in mythtv frontend, and when i schedule the recording, i unselected auto-transcode, and select User Job 1.....Huh
robinsj Wrote:Okay, hopefully someone might be able to help me out, here is my setup:

Yes, I've observed this too. Unfortunately, I can't tell you if/how I fixed it as I really don't use my Windows box a lot, but I can't recall hitting the same problem in Linux (yet).
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
I fixed the channel changing problem, the tuners were setup incorrectly in my mythtv backend, but the are good now.

Now, like my previous post I am really wanting myth box to use my user job for transcoding, but I don't think you can, unless the developer chimes in and tells me how you can do it. Thanks
robinsj Wrote:Is there a way to have mythbox do a userjob? I know it works as I have tested it in mythtv frontend, and when i schedule the recording, i unselected auto-transcode, and select User Job 1.....Huh
The only way I found to do this was fire up mythfrontend and then navigate to:

Utilities/Setup->Setup->TV Settings->General and on the third page there is a set of tickboxes at the bottom starting Default JobQueue...

Select what you want from this and any new record you schedule will have that set of jobs applied. You can also use these settings pages to auto add extra time on the beginning/end of a recording or do complex priority selections for jobs should you have a limited number of tuners available.
nojstevens Wrote:Are you running Myth 0.24? If so, its not fully working with Dharma/Mythbox. I can get it to work on the same box as mythtv but can't get it to work on any of my other xbmcs. In the process of installing 0.23 now

Jon
I had this problem on remote xbmcs too (not with 0.24 but with 0.23x).

To fix, you need to add the IP address of the backend machine in each frontend /etc/hosts even if you have a working DNS system (I have a local DNS system which resolves machines correctly, but doesn't appear to deal with this problem).

For example, in my /etc/hosts on my xbmc running mythbox (I assume you are running Linux, if not it's C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc)

192.168.1.21 pain pain.home

which is the IP address of the backend machine on my local network...

HTH
zzz1735 Wrote:Now that XBMC is released for Apple TV2, will MythBox also run on it? If so, maybe I'll just go that route than trying to figure out why my video files stop playing after 8 seconds...

Rob

Yeah, this would be awesome. I might start a new thread for MythBox/For Windows/with ATV2.

I just discovered MythBox which led me to finally look again (after a few years) for a MythTV version for Windows, which I found. Hopefully I can get MythTV successfully running on my Windows Machine.

But before I get into anything I need to see what the heck is going on with ATV2 - it's not playing any of my media.
Arad85, thanks for the response. I have done what you said and unselected the auto transcode option and selected user job 1 as a default option - because my user job 1 transcodes to h264. I have the auto commercial flag selected to, because my transcode job will use the commercial flags too. But I don't think it's taking, because I quit the front end and went back to xbmc/myth box and scheduled a recording and the only way to check how it was setup was to quit that then go back to myth front end and check the settings and the commercial flag job wasn't selected and neither was the user job.

It's like myth box isn't reading those defaults? Is it supposed to, because I figured that having the commercial flag job as a default, that it would be selected for every scheduled recording you do in myth box, but it is not automatically selected? Any ideas?
robinsj Wrote:It's like myth box isn't reading those defaults? Is it supposed to, because I figured that having the commercial flag job as a default, that it would be selected for every scheduled recording you do in myth box, but it is not automatically selected? Any ideas?
Yes, you're right. Looks like mythweb specifies each setting in the recording and doesn't take account of the settings made in mythfrontend Sad

I must admit, I tend to setup my recordings through MythWeb and that definitely does work.
Oh yes, it works in the mythfrontend, I just was hoping to get it working in myth box, as I don't really want to switch back and forth between the two....
Sorry, can't help. Perhaps a feature request in the tracker?
Given that there is no way to mount the recordings directory using smb, as no smbclient exists for the ATV2. Is there a way that I can specify the media source that I have setup (and works) as the path to the recordings directory in the Mythbox settings?

Thanks...
did you try nfs? there are free nfs servers for Windows if you need one.
No, I haven't tried using nfs, but I understood that I couldn't mount an nfs share outside of xbmc, and that I would have to be able to mount the recordings directory outside xbmc and provide the mount point in the settings for MythBox.
I guess I don't know enough about the ATV to answer your question. If you can't mount nfs on ATV and also can't mount SMB, then I think you're out of luck.
hello. I installed the plugin I have activated but I get error of login to SQL.
The password is not correct.
You know that can happen?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4