• 35(current)
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC
The last time I looked at the specs (launch time) it only worked with windows media center. I wish it worked with Mythtv! Sadly, youre better off waiting for the HDHomerun Prime.
Nothing to see here....
Are the remote keys for Mythbox different than XBMC? I have my power key remapped to the hash (#) so I can have discrete on/off buttons. If I'm in Mythbox it doesn't work. I have to go back to the Home menu before it will go into standby.
TugboatBill Wrote:Are the remote keys for Mythbox different than XBMC? I have my power key remapped to the hash (#) so I can have discrete on/off buttons. If I'm in Mythbox it doesn't work. I have to go back to the Home menu before it will go into standby.

Yes. Plugins can define custom remote functions. I think you could add it, but I have no idea.
Nothing to see here....
i'm trying to run the mythbox add on xbmc for apple tv 2 but i keep getting a mysql error. i'm not sure what to put for the hostname, user, and password settings.
Do you have mythtv installed on the same machine?
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:Do you have mythtv installed on the same machine?

no. i only got the add on for it. will it not work without an add on? do you know if there's any add ons for live channels with disney, abc family, nick, etc that i could put on my apple tv?
Ok. You need a TV tuner card in order to watch live tv with mythtv. I'd advise you to look into what the program actually is.
Nothing to see here....
zepfan Wrote:Ok. You need a TV tuner card in order to watch live tv with mythtv. I'd advise you to look into what the program actually is.

Okay thank you. I just looked into what it is and it's not exactly what I thought it was. I'm just looking for an add on for my apple tv that has live family channels because I don't have cable anymore.
crystaltears Wrote:Okay thank you. I just looked into what it is and it's not exactly what I thought it was. I'm just looking for an add on for my apple tv that has live family channels because I don't have cable anymore.

Nothing like that exists or really ever will. How would they make money?
Nothing to see here....
Hello,

First, thanks to Mythbox developpers who made a really nice work.
Just a trivial question ... I just download mythbox source with:
hg clone https://mythbox.googlecode.com/hg/ mythbox

Now, how can I build (compile) it ?
I use Ubuntu 10.04 32bits

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for this .... foolish question.

Best regards.
That's OK ...

I didn't understand that pyo files were created at mythbox's startup.
Sorry for noise
Hi fellas!

Here is my feedback:

ASUS P7H55-M
INTEL CORE i3
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GT220 1024
SKYSTAR HD 2

Using VAAPI I can't get MythBox to work. NVIDIA VDPAU works like a charm.
The only problem so far is: channel changes are really slow. In MythTV Frontend changes takes 2-3 secs, what is pretty aceptable. However, using XBMC + MythBox it takes 10 secs or more.
I dont believe it's normal... What's your channel change time?

Thanks in advance!
My channel change time is about 5 seconds. Too slow in my opinion.

What's a bigger problem for us is the occasional blank schedule screen lockup and the stops that occur every ~8mins when watching a program as it records.
Thanks for your reply!

I would be happy if I could get 5 seconds channel changes.
Is there anything I can do to improve this performance?
Is it quicker for you in MythTV? Or is it a general problem? If the latter, the root cause may be in the DVB hardware and/or the driver.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MythBox for XBMC - a MythTV Front-end Python Script for XBMC4