MoviePictureDB.com and MoviePosterDB.com
Has a lot of very high-rez images for stuff that otherwise has no sources. If anybody have an account with credits on it, I'd be happy to use that to add a lot more artwork to TMDB.
Maybe you could ask the webmaster if they'd be up for some kind of arrangement between XBMC/TMDB and themselves. It'd have to be mutually beneficial, of course, and it depends on what their financial model is. If they're doing it for profit then I doubt you'd have much luck. If they're just covering bandwidth costs, though...

I'm talking about an individual getting unlimited access to artwork for use elsewhere, though, not public or scraper access. They'd never go for that for obvious reasons.
djh_ Wrote:Maybe you could ask the webmaster if they'd be up for some kind of arrangement between XBMC/TMDB and themselves. It'd have to be mutually beneficial, of course, and it depends on what their financial model is. If they're doing it for profit then I doubt you'd have much luck. If they're just covering bandwidth costs, though...

I'm talking about an individual getting unlimited access to artwork for use elsewhere, though, not public or scraper access. They'd never go for that for obvious reasons.

I'll talk to Travis, see what he thinks. Maybe they'd be interested in the fanart on TMDB...

They're financial model looks pretty cheap...3 euro for 100 download credits, or you can contribute posters for dl credits. And the resolution of the posters is over 2500px for some of them. I could do some great art for 90's era stuff with that kind of source images.

Edit: It's also themovieposterdb.com, not moviepicturedb.
I'm familiar enough with the site, having spent over £100 on credits during Aeon's lifetime. All the posters I've just redone came from there. I was more curious as to why they charge what they do, whether for bandwidth or profit. That'd dictate whether they're happy for their content being reposted en masse elsewhere.
djh_ Wrote:I'm familiar enough with the site, having spent over £100 on credits during Aeon's lifetime. All the posters I've just redone came from there.

That explains a lot.

Like, where in the hell you get all of those wonderfully huge source images. Indiana Jones, Back To The Future...you sneaky so-and-so. I'm onto you now.
That is a great site, though you can find many of the pictures for free else where, but for the cost why huntHuh?... the beta picture site is sweet as well, some just prime for fanart, hopefully they will merge the credit system since it seems both sites are run by the same people.

credits are fairly cheap.
dandirk Wrote:That is a great site, though you can find many of the pictures for free else where, but for the cost why huntHuh?... the beta picture site is sweet as well, some just prime for fanart, hopefully they will merge the credit system since it seems both sites are run by the same people.

credits are fairly cheap.

I know the creds are cheap, but ATM, I don't even have that little bit of money to spare. I'm laid off, and have a 7-mo old son to take care of. Every penny helps...
Digital.... Hit up the beta pic site they opened. There are tons of movies that you can add pics to since it hasn't been online for lone. Get them from google screensaver sites etc to earn credits for the good ones!!

You could even do some screenshots from the actual movie for fanart or credits on the pic site.
digitalhigh Wrote:I know the creds are cheap, but ATM, I don't even have that little bit of money to spare. I'm laid off, and have a 7-mo old son to take care of. Every penny helps...

there are 5000(!) HQ (1000x1500) and UHQ (2000x3000) movies posters in this celebutopia thread and it won't cost you anything...

http://www.celebutopia.net/forum/showthr...ongoing%29

also if you need source for TV shows fanart go here
http://www.celebutopia.net/forum/forumdi...nt-31.html
Thanks for the tip.

Not sure how the selection compares to movieposterDB (for older movies), but I'll see what I can use.

Edit:

Lots of good stuff there. Seems like it's actually a rip of one of the big poster sites like movieposterDB. Found a program called IPLED that works well for finding and parsing links in movie poster sites like this. This means that I'll soon be uploading a lot more stuff to TMDB real soon. Expect a comprehensive movie pack for download of everything I've made too. Big Grin
So there are a lot of website names going around. Are you considering uploading your images to movieposterdb.com, the non-free credit-based site, or themoviedb.org, the free site? I'd recommend the latter.
Oh, definitely TheMovieDB.org. The total poster count is now 3,857 HIGH-rez posters. There are only 127 images that are below 1000px in width. Wink

I've just finished renaming everything, I'm going to zip em up and see how freaking massive everything is...
Hey Digital I really appreciate all the hard work you've done with covers and fanart. I'm looking for to your new pack!
krypt2nite Wrote:Hey Digital I really appreciate all the hard work you've done with covers and fanart. I'm looking for to your new pack!

Thank you. I am literally plowing away here, making so many backdrops I can't even see straight. Big Grin

Thus far, I've done #-G, and I'm about 1/4 of the way throught the I's. Thus far, I have 222 new, unique backdrops. 80 of those are 1920x1080. I've taken great efforts to remove all traces of text from some of these. Nothing is upscaled. And I'm uploading everything I make to TMDB as I make it, so everything in the pack should be scrapable...as soon as it's made.

I'm also uploading all of the HQ posters to TMDB as I submit fanart, so there should be quite an increase in the number of high-rez posters available as well.

As examples, you can check out the new pix for Alexander, Alien, Alpha Daug, American Haunting, The Aviator, Blade Trinity, Batman Begins, Boogeyman, Blood Diamond, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Star Wars ep III, Lords of Dogtown, Iron Man...just a few of the 1080's....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MoviePictureDB.com and MoviePosterDB.com0