Network settings greyed out.
By default it's set to DHCP and does aquire an IP address when plugged into my router. However, -Assignment is greyed out so I can't change from DHCP.

Any ideas?
I just came across this myself. I changed them by ssh'ing in (you could just "exit" and get to a command prompt that way) and editing the /etc/network/interfaces file. There are both dhcp and static entries there, just comment out the dchp line and uncomment the static lines. Then you can change the numbers to whatever you need.

Hope this helps!
Viewsonic N4285P, ASUS P5N7A-VM, Intel E8500, Mushkin PC28500 2x2GB, Antec Fusion Black 430, Logitech DiNovo Mini, Patriot X-Mini 8GB
Working: 1080p, hdmi audio
Partial: Logitech DiNovo Mini needs 'sudo rmmod usbhid;sudo modprobe usbhid' after boot to make cursor work
Not working: IMON display
Good to know it's not just me!

Shouldn't we report this as a bug or something?

Hmm, you make it sound easy changing the settings but I'm a complete novice with Linux. Huh I'll give it a shot anyway...

Thanks again.
IIRC they are greyed because XBMC arent run as root, and run XBMC as root is bad so we dont do it Smile

Anyways Im working abit on userspace networksettings and hopefully it will be finnished before 9.04, then you´ll be able to browse and setup network in XBMC as a user.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Sounds good! Thanks Tobias. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network settings greyed out.0