Preventing scraping data for solitary files
Hi, this is an split-off of my original request.

I'd like to prevent the scraper (or xbmc itself) to update infos for a particular medium time and again.
There are some files in my collection, that don't get correctly resolved by the scraper and every time I delete them from the database, the next time the scraper runs, the wrong details are back again. Therefore I'd like to set a mark on these files to prevent them form being scraped again.
move them. problem solved
Or create an nfo with the proper link.
spiff Wrote:move them. problem solved
Why?
I don't want to split my collections up like one place for movies that get resolved, one for those which don't, one for those which shall not ....

I have a simple structure in my collection with as little places as possible and just want xbmc to not scrape a particular file again.
althekiller Wrote:Or create an nfo with the proper link.
Damn! Me little dumb-ass.
Of course I can place my own info and pics beside the media file. I guess that would be the easiest way to do it.
Thanks for the hint! Big Grin
and i do not want to mess up the code with things that is solved by a simple mv
spiff Wrote:and i do not want to mess up the code with things that is solved by a simple mv
I understand that, but what about the following solution: in case the scraper cannot find anything suitable, an empty entry in the database is created, containing just the filename and other locally available stuff. (Would be nice if this could be updated afterwards if some site contains the information one day) This could solve the problem too.
This would just leave the problem of erroneously found entries. This again leads to my other suggestion, editing the database entries inside xbmc. Then I could just empty the values that don't fit and be left with an existing, but empty database entry.
this is planned at some point yes
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/16411
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wow, sounds great. Thanks for the hint.
As I'm still using the precompiled ubuntu-version from launchpad I guess that this change has not yet made it to the released version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preventing scraping data for solitary files0