Adding manually to video library
Hi everyone!
First of all let me say this peace of software is great. I have been using it for a month now. So far so good. Lately, i´v been playing with my video library and things are working for the most of the time but as a beginner i have run into few bumps. I haven't been able to find the answer in the manual nor forum.
My library contains movies ripped by "scene" e.g. multiple rar files containing img or iso. Not always is xbmc able to scrape right information. I tried to make my own nfo's according to manual but that didnt help. Changing folder name so it matches moviename helps sometimes. :confused2:

Can this be done manually somehow? art, information and most important part is to be able to change path to the movie. By that i mean path shown in movie information screen e. g. "rar://d\folder\rarfile\image.img"
memake Wrote:I tried to make my own nfo's according to manual but that didnt help.
What exactly did not work?
What revision are you using? (Not there have been significant bugs squashed recently)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:What exactly did not work?
Well, i made movie.nfo(with notepad) containing url to the imdb. Nothing happens when rescanning. I even made moviname.nfo but no success. I made nfo with both xml and url as in manual but nothing happend. Debug log shows something like "skip due to no change".

sho Wrote:What revision are you using? (Not there have been significant bugs squashed recently)
I'm using "atlantis"
If there is stil a info file of that movie in the userdata it won't pick up the new one.
And Please try Media Companion. This program scrapes the .nfo files and so on.
Waffa Wrote:If there is stil a info file of that movie in the userdata it won't pick up the new one.
And Please try Media Companion. This program scrapes the .nfo files and so on.

Thanx for the tip but i already tried that. Media companion seems ok but scraping didnt work well. I hade 9 movies in separate folders but MC found only four and two of them were wrong. i'm not sure if MC works with scene folder structure(rar, nfo, sample)

I want to add that when i unpack rar files to image file and put it in folder named "moviename (year)" scraping works every time BUT i dont want to do that.

Anyway...Is it possible to do stuff manually? not with nfo but more like editing database or something.
HuhHuhHuh
Renaming foldernames is less work than creating .nfo files manually.

Did you try the latest version MC?
It accepts a lot of folder structures.

memake Wrote:Well, i made movie.nfo(with notepad) containing url to the imdb. Nothing happens when rescanning.
Did you ever open a .nfo fileHuh
OMG i think i just found solution...and it was soooo simple. XBMC rules.Big GrinLaugh

You have to get out of library mode, then navigate to movie of your choice and if you have scenerelease with multiple rar files you'll have to navigate to the image file. Now comes the magic. Right click and choose movie information.
thats it. So simple.Nod
And that's the hard way.
You should read (learn) more about the library.Wink
The ability to have movie.nfo was only introduced after Atlantis.
In Atlantis you need to use <filename of media file>.nfo
If you want to use all the latest and greatest features, you need to install a bleeding edge build.

btw your last comment makes very little sense. But if it works for you......
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sho Wrote:The ability to have movie.nfo was only introduced after Atlantis.
In Atlantis you need to use <filename of media file>.nfo
If you want to use all the latest and greatest features, you need to install a bleeding edge build.

btw your last comment makes very little sense. But if it works for you......

I'm using 8.10 "atlantis" downloaded some weeks ago. Is there newer version?

Here is what i'v meant:

When in library mode, som movies just wont be picked up by scanner. No matter what nfo etc. i use. Actually, only time i succeeded was when i created dummy moviname.avi file BUT problem became path to media file e.g. dummy file instead of actual file.

In file mode however, if i navigate to movie folder e.g. "Walle.2008.thescene.DVDR" it contains "file.rar" and "sample" folder. If i try with "right click>movieinformation" i get something like "no moviefile found"
Now, if i doubleclick on "file.rar" i can see "walle.img". Then if i choose movieinformation it will scrape imdb for correct information and update my database.

Get it?
memake Wrote:I'm using 8.10 "atlantis" downloaded some weeks ago. Is there newer version?
XBMC is an open source application. There are multiple versions every day.
But you do not need anything newer to accomplish what you want, just read what I wrote above.

memake Wrote:Get it?
I think so... the scraper seems to understand your image filenames better than your media filenames.
Again, do as I suggest above and you do not need any of those gymnastics.
memake Wrote:I'm using 8.10 "atlantis" downloaded some weeks ago. Is there newer version?

Here is what i'v meant:

When in library mode, som movies just wont be picked up by scanner. No matter what nfo etc. i use. Actually, only time i succeeded was when i created dummy moviname.avi file BUT problem became path to media file e.g. dummy file instead of actual file.

In file mode however, if i navigate to movie folder e.g. "Walle.2008.thescene.DVDR" it contains "file.rar" and "sample" folder. If i try with "right click>movieinformation" i get something like "no moviefile found"
Now, if i doubleclick on "file.rar" i can see "walle.img". Then if i choose movieinformation it will scrape imdb for correct information and update my database.

Get it?
Eek

Read and learn Big Grin

HOW-TO add and scan media files into XBMC Library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding manually to video library0