Weather 'FanArt' in Horizonz - change weather backdrops based on weather condition?
sickboy719 Wrote:Bet she'll be pissed when a picture of her pops up next time it's "frigid".

I bet you'll be sleeping on the couch as well. ^_^
PinkMargera Wrote:Have you tried switching the "/" for "\"? Don't know if it makes any difference but why not try...

yes it does make a difference, and the one you use changes depending on whether you're using linux or whether you're using windows. It threw me off for quite a while before I figured it out.
Cranial Wrote:Only the latest xbmc for xbox has the code pulled from svn, so not sure if linux version has it yet. You have the latest?

Well that probably explains it. I'll wait till the linux branch gets updated.
I'm having trouble getting this to work in the windows version of xbmc. Everything is up to date and I changed MyWeather.xml to read as follows:

<control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath>C:\XBMC\weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
<timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<info>Skin.String(CustomWeatherFolder)</info>
<include>backgroundfade</include>
</control>

Is there something im missing or has anyone even got this to work on the windows xbmc?
try getting rid of the <info> line
like so:

<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath>C:\XBMC\weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
</control>

if that is correct its still not working, just get the default background.
any idea what else it may be?

EDIT***

Appears to be working now, not sure what happened but all is in order, thanks so much for your help!
Update. This feature now works in the latest revisions for Linux
Just modified my files for Horizons and it works great.
Thanks all.
Can't get it to work & I'm no noob ; followed the directions to the letter and I just get a black screen.

This is what my MyWeather.XML file looks like ;

<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath>C:\Weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
</control>

All I did was to make sure to extract the files linked onto the original post into the aforementioned directory (C:\Weather), but no matter what I try, nothing works.

I even set that directory as the rotating weather backdrop directory, but nope. All I ever get no matter what is a black screen.

Can anybody help?

PS : I have the latest build of XBMC and am running Windows XP.
@StratMangler

Try removing the <info> tag
Unfortunately, that didn't change anything. I still have the Horizonz "eye" background showing and nothing else.

Is there *anything* else that I need to do apart from extracting the images to a folder, pointing Horizonz to that folder, and modifying the MyWeather.XML file?

Because I've done so and it has never worked.
Edit Backgrounds.xml instead of MyWeather.xml
Tried doing that, proctor. As per your advice, I restored the MyWeather.XML file to what it once was and I edited the 2nd multiimage tag in the Backgrounds.XML file instead with no change. Here's what it looks like.

<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath>c:\Program Files\XBMC\skin\Horizonz\720\backdrops\weather\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
<info>Skin.String(CustomSettingsFolder)</info>
<visible>[[Container(302).HasFocus(8) + Control.IsVisible(302)] + [!Player.HasMedia | !Skin.HasSetting(Visualisation)]] | [[Container(301).HasFocus(8) + Control.IsVisible(301)] + [!Player.HasMedia | !Skin.HasSetting(Visualisation)]] + !Skin.HasSetting(CustomSettingsFolder)</visible>
<visible>!Control.IsVisible(87)</visible>
</control>
I was having the same problem you're having now when I was setting this up today. You're modifying the wrong part of the XML. Where the one you're modifying has the following code, referring to the Settings background:

<info>Skin.String(CustomSettingsFolder)</info>

You need to find the one that has:

AND
<info>Skin.String(CustomWeather)</info>

Alter those, and switch back the settings folder to default, and you should get a multi-image weather background on the starting screen. Let me know if that works for you.

Edit: It also looks like you have a space in your $INFO. Make sure there isn't one.
nflchampion... I'm very very confused. Your post isn't telling me which file you're referring to.

The instructions talk about solely modifying the MyWeather.XML file, whereas proctor talks about modifying the Background.XML. Which file(s) do I need to modify?

So far, I have modified *both* the MyWeather.XML *&* Backgrounds.XML files changing the "imagepath." Can you break it down in steps, please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather 'FanArt' in Horizonz - change weather backdrops based on weather condition?1