How to default fanart from movie folder
Question 
I have all of my fanart, tbn and nfo scraped via movieinfo. XBMC seems to show some of the fanart from some of the folders but not others. For example I have a folder with the following files

Movies\Seven\Seven.mkv, Seven.nfo, Seven.tbn, Seven-fanart.jpg, folder.jpg

Now all my folders are setup like this, the fanart it seems it display is totally different than what's in the folder. I cleared the cache, I even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC. The same problem arises.

I go through the setting the content and then I scan for new content and it looks like it downloads files from imdb, and shows that content instead of whats in the folder. Again it doesn't do it to all the folders just a couple, and it was different folders when I reinstalled.
Advice on Hardware
PC-LUXA2 CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T RAM-12GB Video Card-AMD Radeon HD 6800
OS-Win7 32bit - Kodi - 14.0 Helix SKIN - Aeon MQ 5 Keyboard - DiNovo Mini

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Did you also cleared your thumbnails ?
You need to do that.

XBMC/userdata/thumbnails/video
also what happens if you refresh a movie?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I did a complete clean install, I even cleaned out the registry.

So that would answer the issue about clearing out the thumbnails. (sides that was the first thing I tried before I did the clean install, thanks for the suggestion though)

I refreshed the movie and I still get the same results. I even deleted the fanart, rescraped with movieinfo, cleared out the cache again, and same result.
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
This simply does not make sense.
Are you sure you are deleting the correct folder?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...tories_.3F

What version/build are you using?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gyrene2083 Wrote:I did a complete clean install, I even cleaned out the registry.

So that would answer the issue about clearing out the thumbnails. (sides that was the first thing I tried before I did the clean install, thanks for the suggestion though)

No they were not cleared look here.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video

And delete the content of that folder.Big Grin
I'm using Rev16924. I have deleted that file from the appdata location several times, I have also done a complete uninstall and reinstall. Here are the steps I am doing:

1. Set Content
I select D:\Movies where I have my movies

Then when I search for new content I can see the download bar progressing as it scans the movies in the folder. At some points when it hits certain movies I could see the bar go all the way through, on others it just seems to cycle through the list. Right now I am just focusing on this one movie that happens to be Se7en. I have about 90 movies with the same naming convention and it appears that this one is the only one with a problem.

I have also deleted all the files that weren't the movie in the folder. I then rescraped with movieinfoplus, and selected my own fanart, and poster. The poster shows up fine, but the fanart acts like it doesn't exist and xbmc downloads the one from tmbd. Any suggestions?
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
Shoot me the folder name, and the names all files in that folder and I'll test it out.. if there's a subfolder, include it at well
Solved kind of. It might be a bug, fekker helped me out so I just wanted to thank him for the help. Fekker believes it to be a stacking error, I renamed the Seven-fanart.jpg to fanart.jpg and it worked. The weird thing is that when fekker tried with the file structure I had is that it worked on his xbox but missed the poster.

My next question is should a ticket be submitted, and if so how?
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
There were some stacking related fixes lately, please try again with a more recent build before submitting a bug report.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I'm using the latest one Jester put out Rev16927. Same problems. I'll post a bug report after a few hours of testing. thanks
Advice on Hardware

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083
There is a new build coming in a minute that might have more fixes for this....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to default fanart from movie folder0