Home Images
Is there anyway to switch just the home screen images. I love MediaStream and the fan art is great, but I would like to set one image for say movies in the home screen and a different one for the background when I am in the Media preview section. The reason I want this is because the home screen needs images where you want to be able to see the right 2/3 of the picture and Media Preview an images that shows the top 2/5 is better. I looked all around the skins folder, but couldn't find the images and all over the forum with no luck.
Well I did some research and it looks like the media/Textures.xpr file contains "All the images that make up the default skin theme." Anyone know how to extract the images out of a .xpr file? I see that you use XBMCTex.exe to repack the .xpr.
When I get home I'm going to try going to MediaStream/720p/Home.xml and editing the section that says.

<control type="group">
<include>MoviesBGVisible</include>

<control type="image">
<include>BackgroundMidImage</include>
<texture>HomeBGMoviesMid.png</texture>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeBladeCentre)</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
<include>BackgroundRightImage</include>
<texture>HomeBGMoviesRight.png</texture>
</control>
</control>

I'm thinking that if I edit the .png lines somehow I may be able to get it to point to a .png in the MediaStream/Media/ folder. The question is can I just write ../media/image.png? My brother says he thinks I can just change it to moviehome.png and then put moviehome.png in the media folder and it will work.

Also what is the difference between *Mid.png and *Right.png.
marcdd2 Wrote:The other option I guess is changing the XML file that points to the image. Any idea where that would be?

Search for xprexpress that will extract unprotected .xprs and it will also repack them as well
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Search for xprexpress that will extract unprotected .xprs and it will also repack them as well

The MediaStream xpr is protected
Why don't you guys just check out the SVN as it'll give you all the source images. Then compile your own build.

D
And you can set the custom background image for movies and then turn the custom bg off for the movies views (so that it'll only appear on home) and that way save yourself all the hassle of changing the code.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:And you can set the custom background image for movies and then turn the custom bg off for the movies views (so that it'll only appear on home) and that way save yourself all the hassle of changing the code.

I'm assuming this will use fanart as the background then which I would prefer not to do because my aTV doesn't handle it very well.
JustMeD Wrote:Why don't you guys just check out the SVN as it'll give you all the source images. Then compile your own build.

D

Awesome, I didn't realize it was easily available. it's at the link below if anyone is interested.

https://xboxmediacenter.svn.sourceforge....ediaStream
marcdd2 Wrote:I'm assuming this will use fanart as the background then which I would prefer not to do because my aTV doesn't handle it very well.

Nope, custom backgrounds are different to fanart and you can't have fanart on the home screen anyway as the fanart is relative to the current movie selection (which you can only have when you are navigating a list of movies)
I meant that it would use fan art as the background for the showcase view. Not a big deal. Compiling my own will owrk fine. Thanks for the help everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Images1