Windows XP not allowing install of MCE Remote
I have the folllowing MCE Remote. LINK

I downloaded the drivers from here and get the following error when I install the drivers.

"The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software." I am runnning windows media player 11 with latest Direct X 9.xx and Windows XP Pro SP3
call tech support...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks but what good is that going to do. The remote says it works for only Vista. I bought it because numerous ppl here have said it works fine with XP drivers.

Tech support will tell me it won't work for XP.

Wondering if there are any services I need to activate under XP to get the remote working.
check the 'reviews' on the link you pasted

someone supplied instructions
rimmi2002 Wrote:Thanks but what good is that going to do. The remote says it works for only Vista. I bought it because numerous ppl here have said it works fine with XP drivers.

Tech support will tell me it won't work for XP.

Wondering if there are any services I need to activate under XP to get the remote working.

were we supposed to read your mind on this fact or just know this through the interlinking mystical knowledge of the universe?

... you did not mention this in the first post... if you want useful help, you need to post useful requests
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
fanclub Wrote:check the 'reviews' on the link you pasted

someone supplied instructions

Thanks a lot for your help. It saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows XP not allowing install of MCE Remote0