• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
moby-uk Wrote:Fullscreen is the main problem. My latest experimental works for me, on Vista, using Windows Media Player as the externalplayer, I'll give VLC as try when I get chance.

Thank you for that.

Just to explain: I need XBMC with the ability to stream. This can be done within VLC settings. VLC automatically starts to stream each time a movie is played. On the other stations, there is only a black box with VLC waiting to receive a stream on the network.

The mail goal is to have a centerpiece with all the XBMC Mediacenter features as Master and a few clients as slaves.

It already works with Vista / XP as "XBMC streaming server", but the server IS a Mac (also it should work nativly platform independent)
With these settings:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
  <filename>C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
  <args>/F /Q /PLAY</args>
  <forceontop>true</forceontop>
  <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
  <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>
I get perfect behaviour and the desktop is not seen anymore when switching from XBMC to the external player and when exiting the external player to come back to XBMC.
I just see the thin stripe of my autohiding taskbar but not the desktop content. This is what I was getting before, in all honesty, before the intel patch, I mean.
I'm running 17061 from Jester's site and MPC-HC and am still experiencing the original problem. When using the following advancedsettings.xml, MPC runs in the background and XBMC is still in the foreground. Also, I cannot alt-tab BUT it does appear that MPC has focus as, if I alt-f4, it closes MPC.

Any ideas?

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
  <filename>c:\player\mplayerc.exe</filename>
  <args>/fullscreen /shutdown</args>
  <forceontop>true</forceontop>
  <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
  <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  <hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>
manxam Wrote:I'm running 17061 from Jester's site and MPC-HC and am still experiencing the original problem. When using the following advancedsettings.xml, MPC runs in the background and XBMC is still in the foreground. Also, I cannot alt-tab BUT it does appear that MPC has focus as, if I alt-f4, it closes MPC.

Any ideas?

I don't know whether Jester's 17061 includes the latest patch with is still experimental for testing. I'm sure that XBMCSetup-Rev17060-ext.exe does, can you try that?
moby-uk Wrote:I don't know whether Jester's 17061 includes the latest patch with is still experimental for testing. I'm sure that XBMCSetup-Rev17060-ext.exe does, can you try that?

i'll build a later version including your latest patch for testing later tonight,
cheers
On the newest externalplayer builds, standard DVD directories still play using the built-in dvd player as default, rather than external.
RandomXBMCUser Wrote:On the newest externalplayer builds, standard DVD directories still play using the built-in dvd player as default, rather than external.

weird, not here...

in any case a new build is coming in a few for testing....
moby-uk Wrote:I don't know whether Jester's 17061 includes the latest patch with is still experimental for testing. I'm sure that XBMCSetup-Rev17060-ext.exe does, can you try that?

Thanks for the response moby. It's funny as I noticed that the 17060 was suffixed with -ext and the 17061 with -jester but figured "hey, the 17061 is a later build let's use it" -- obviously I'm not that bright Wink

Cheers!
Upped XBMCSetup-Rev17076-ext.exe

test away Smile
installed that build, the external player doesn't launch - XBMC just sits there, and all standard DVD directories still default to the internal player.
Jester Wrote:Upped XBMCSetup-Rev17076-ext.exe

test away Smile

Jester and Moby, unfortunately I obtain the exact same behavior as using 17061. MPC-HC starts in the background BEHIND xbmc but appears to have focus as ctrl-f4 kills MPC-HC and returns focus to xbmc.

Also, anyone else experiencing DVD player issues? Using the default dvd player and the 'DVD' menu link I get no playback (in fact, nothing happens). I get "

CDVDPLAYER:: OpenInputStream - error opening [dvd://1]

I'm not certain if this is related to anything though but do know that it was working in previous builds.

Thx,
M
manxam Wrote:Jester and Moby, unfortunately I obtain the exact same behavior as using 17061. MPC-HC starts in the background BEHIND xbmc but appears to have focus as ctrl-f4 kills MPC-HC and returns focus to xbmc.

Also, anyone else experiencing DVD player issues? Using the default dvd player and the 'DVD' menu link I get no playback (in fact, nothing happens). I get "

CDVDPLAYER:: OpenInputStream - error opening [dvd://1]

I'm not certain if this is related to anything though but do know that it was working in previous builds.

Thx,
M

Did you stream the content from NAS or share drive?
I found the the external player cant handle the UNC name
XBMC gives it.. I'm using KMplayer however.
Jester Wrote:Upped XBMCSetup-Rev17076-ext.exe

test away Smile
Good as before with Zoom Player. I have the "Stay on top" option selected in Zoom. For the MPC-HC people... is there something similar available?
Tonight I'll try testing MPC-HC, just to help.
Updated build with patch done.
XBMCSetup-Rev17089-ext.exe
Updated build with patch done.
XBMCSetup-Rev17097-ext.exe
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11