• 79(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
yep that was it. completely forgot about changing that. thx so much guys. now i just gotta get two more hard drives and figure out how to get popups when i get an incoming call and my htpc will be complete. again thx for all the help
I'm having trouble getting the YouTube videos to play using the built in players. It keeps using MPC-HC (the current default player) instead. The rules section of my playercorefactory seem to specify the use of the built in players when playing videos using youtube protocols, so IDK what gives. Using these rules xbmc does seem to use the built in players for dvd folders and iso files so I'm not sure why its ignoring the rules mentioning youtube protocols like rtsp.

Here is my playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" -f</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>

<rules name="system rules">
<!-- rule name="playwithmpc" filename=".*mpchc.*" player="MPC-HC"/ -->
<rule name="playwithxbmc" filename=".*xbmc.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule name="rtv" protocols="rtv" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="hdhomerun/myth/rtmp/mms/udp" protocols="hdhomerun|myth|cmyth|rtmp|mms|mmsh|udp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- dvdplayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
<rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)" player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
<rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
<rule name="flv/aacp/sdp" mimetypes="video/x-flv|video-flv|audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
</rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
<rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
<rule name="dvdfile" dvdfile="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />
<rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="videodefaultdvdplayer" />

<!-- Only dvdplayer can handle these normally -->
<rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="DVDPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to dvdplayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
<rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
I got it to use the built in player for youtube properly. I just had to add the line <rule filename=".*youtube.*" player="DVDPlayer"/>
Is there a way that when i stop playing using external player it will close automatically? Thanks
Nothing too see here.
I want to use MPC-HC for all the content that I play (mostly I play BDMV structure Blu-Ray folders, .m2ts and .mov files). Do I just make a file called 'playercorefactory.xml' in my directory C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\System and have it look like this:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" video="true">
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
Don't dream your life, live your dream
(2012-09-24, 14:33)THX-UltraII Wrote: I want to use MPC-HC for all the content that I play (mostly I play BDMV structure Blu-Ray folders, .m2ts and .mov files). Do I just make a file called 'playercorefactory.xml' in my directory C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\System and have it look like this:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
You can download the files from step #8 in this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.......replace all TMT5 with MPC-HC in XML and BAT files, it should be ready for you.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
hi guys, im using mpc-hc as an external video player in xbmc, when i start mpc-hc i want to be able to kill the xbmc process and when i stop or finish a movie (ctrl-alt-f4) i want to achieve xbmc to start again in the last screen i was using it, is it possible to make that happen? im despered 'cause it would be the only way to play videos smooth, xbmc uses 25% of my cpu and 25%-30% of ram most of the time, even when it's in the background and mpc-hc doing his thing. Any help would be awesome..
(2012-09-26, 17:14)DigiTech Wrote: hi guys, im using mpc-hc as an external video player in xbmc, when i start mpc-hc i want to be able to kill the xbmc process and when i stop or finish a movie (ctrl-alt-f4) i want to achieve xbmc to start again in the last screen i was using it, is it possible to make that happen? im despered 'cause it would be the only way to play videos smooth, xbmc uses 25% of my cpu and 25%-30% of ram most of the time, even when it's in the background and mpc-hc doing his thing. Any help would be awesome..
You can hide XBMC with this {<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>} code in playercorefactory. You can configure MPC-HC keys as shown in my screen shot below:

(2012-09-26, 21:40)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 17:14)DigiTech Wrote: hi guys, im using mpc-hc as an external video player in xbmc, when i start mpc-hc i want to be able to kill the xbmc process and when i stop or finish a movie (ctrl-alt-f4) i want to achieve xbmc to start again in the last screen i was using it, is it possible to make that happen? im despered 'cause it would be the only way to play videos smooth, xbmc uses 25% of my cpu and 25%-30% of ram most of the time, even when it's in the background and mpc-hc doing his thing. Any help would be awesome..
You can hide XBMC with this {<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>} code in playercorefactory. You can configure MPC-HC keys as shown in my screen shot below:

thanks for your help bluray, actually i have xbmc hidden in playercorefactory.xml as you requested, but it stills eats 25% in my cpu, what would be the benefits of editing mpc in your example? i exit with ctrl-alt-f4 mapped from my remote
(2012-09-26, 23:33)DigiTech Wrote: what would be the benefits of editing mpc in your example? i exit with ctrl-alt-f4 mapped from my remote
If you are happy with ctl+alt+f4 to exit MPC-HC, you can stick with it then.....if you want to press less key, you can edit it......

(2012-09-24, 16:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 14:33)THX-UltraII Wrote: I want to use MPC-HC for all the content that I play (mostly I play BDMV structure Blu-Ray folders, .m2ts and .mov files). Do I just make a file called 'playercorefactory.xml' in my directory C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\System and have it look like this:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>
You can download the files from step #8 in this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.......replace all TMT5 with MPC-HC in XML and BAT files, it should be ready for you.....
nice, thanks. I ll give it a try tonight

Quote:thanks for your help bluray, actually i have xbmc hidden in playercorefactory.xml as you requested, but it stills eats 25% in my cpu
The cause of this is the GUI of XBMC that uses some kind of exclusive screen mode that eats a lot of memory/cpu. You can change some settings in the option of XBMC to get normal (lower) cpu usage but I ll have to look it up tonight which setting that is exactly (I have it on my home PC but I m at work now). The only con of that is you can get tearing problems (mostly noticable when scrolling through your movie collection in Library Mode).
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Quote:thanks for your help bluray, actually i have xbmc hidden in playercorefactory.xml as you requested, but it stills eats 25% in my cpu
The cause of this is the GUI of XBMC that uses some kind of exclusive screen mode that eats a lot of memory/cpu. You can change some settings in the option of XBMC to get normal (lower) cpu usage but I ll have to look it up tonight which setting that is exactly (I have it on my home PC but I m at work now). The only con of that is you can get tearing problems (mostly noticable when scrolling through your movie collection in Library Mode).
[/quote]

I'd love to see which are those options, i don't care if i get tearing, a smooth playback is my priority, thanks for your help!
(2012-09-28, 18:50)DigiTech Wrote:

I'd love to see which are those options, i don't care if i get tearing, a smooth playback is my priority, thanks for your help!
[/quote]You can try to enable "Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC system/system/video output.....it might have tearing problem, but usually not....

Hi,

I use an external video player for some features xbmc lacks and everything is fine.
I recently installed a video add-on (canal+) allowing to play audio/video. The stream is in the RTMP format with audio and mp4 video. I made the playercorefactory.xml modifications :

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPCHC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\MPCHC\mpchc.exe</filename>
</player>
<player name="MPC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\mplayerc.exe</filename>
</player>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>D:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule internetstream="true" player="VLC"/>
<rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPCHC"/>
<rule filetypes="avi" player="MPCHC"/>
<rule filetypes="m4v" player="MPCHC"/>
<rule filetypes="mp4" player="MPCHC"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts" player="MPCHC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

to manage internetstream by VLC but I got the following error :
Quote:VLC cannot open « rtmp://vod-fms.canalplus.fr:1935/ondemand/videos/1209/LES_GUIGNOLS_QUOTIDIEN_120919_AUTO_17210_169_video_H.mp4 ». Check logs for details.

Does anybody use an external player to play stream and how did you manage it ?
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11