• 99(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
(2017-04-05, 15:29)RBraverman Wrote: My problem is that, while ZPlayer (Max 10) loads and plays, when I exit it, Kodi is minimized in the tray. I'm about a 1/3 of the way through this thread and can not find anything on this...
if not already set, try setting the "system settings > display > use fullscreen window" option to on...

on another note, is there a way to make an external player load within kodi's framework, in the same manner as kodi's video player and dsplayer? so that when kodi is windowed or minimized so is the external player, within kodi's from, and when kodi is closed so is the external player? in short, is it possible to make an external player behave in the same manner as kodi' video player and dsplayer? thanks!
(2017-04-07, 03:15)aeneas1 Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 15:29)RBraverman Wrote: My problem is that, while ZPlayer (Max 10) loads and plays, when I exit it, Kodi is minimized in the tray. I'm about a 1/3 of the way through this thread and can not find anything on this...
if not already set, try setting the "system settings > display > use fullscreen window" option to on...

Seems to work with "fullscreen in a window". Was set to "fullscreen #1". As I use RDS to work on it, so the wife can watch other "stuff", I haven't windowed it (which RDS needs) and then back to "fullscreen window".

(2017-04-07, 03:15)aeneas1 Wrote: on another note, is there a way to make an external player load within kodi's framework, in the same manner as kodi's video player and dsplayer? so that when kodi is windowed or minimized so is the external player, within kodi's from, and when kodi is closed so is the external player? in short, is it possible to make an external player behave in the same manner as kodi' video player and dsplayer? thanks!

Integrating into the core, would be dandy, but I'm thinking (which is not something I do well anymore), that with all the ... well ... now that I think about it, I wouldn't think that too hard, couldn't one make/set/program/etc., the internal player as a user variable?
Talkin' through my hat am I?
Or course the other players would have to play nice ...

Just thinking, but like I said ... Huh
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-04-08, 17:34)RBraverman Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 03:15)aeneas1 Wrote:

Seems to work with "fullscreen in a window". Was set to "fullscreen #1". As I use RDS to work on it, so the wife can watch other "stuff", I haven't windowed it (which RDS needs) and then back to "fullscreen window".
to be clear, i'm referring to the setting that appears a couple of rows below the fullscreen/window settings.... without that enabled, kodi would minimize whenever i opened another program....

(2017-04-08, 17:34)RBraverman Wrote: Integrating into the core, would be dandy, but I'm thinking (which is not something I do well anymore), that with all the ... well ... now that I think about it, I wouldn't think that too hard, couldn't one make/set/program/etc., the internal player as a user variable?
Talkin' through my hat am I?
Or course the other players would have to play nice ...

Just thinking, but like I said ... Huh
looking at the code for kodi's video player and dsplayer it seems doable, gonna play with it some more when i get a chance, no big deal if i can't get it to work tho, not that big of a deal if everything is in fullscreen mode.....
i use this "http://kodichromecast.com/stream-kodi-xbmc-from-windows-pc-to-the-chromecast/" but not have subtitles . How i resolve that if is possible.
anyone else ever get this happen when returning from an external player back to the kodi ui?

watch gallery

and then it returns to normal if i hit the windows key, but as soon as focus is back on kodi it goes back to a giant green screen?

watch gallery

i've been hunting around for days but have no clue what to do. This only happens when returning from MPC HC to kodi automatically after stopping a video

any help appreciated
Hi,

Same issues as may of the other but for some reason I'm unable to get the external player working whatsover on a windows 7 or 10.
I'm always getting the error 'no such player: MPC-HC'

Besides I copied some code literally from some people here (just to see that I'm just that not getting it from the manual) in the thread which say they work so I'm guessing I'm missign something.

Debug:
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<pictureextensions>
<add>.ppts</add>
<add>.pptx</add>
<add>.pps</add>
<add>.ppx</add>
</pictureextensions>
</advancedsettings>
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: Default Video Player: VideoPlayer
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting (2)
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG_FREEMEM"
12:49:57.356 T:480 NOTICE: CMediaSourceSettings: loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
12:49:57.357 T:480 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player VideoPlayer
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player PAPlayer
12:49:57.357 T:480 WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayer(MPC-HC): no such player: MPC-HC
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player MPC-HC
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: system rules
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: mms/udp
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: lastfm/shout
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: rtmp
12:49:57.357 T:480 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: rtsp

playercorefactory file
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
   <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>c:\program files\mpc-hc\mpc-hc64.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
   </player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|avi" filename=".*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- Copy past the filename in a run prompt works so path is correct

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Kristof
@kvandenouweland

It works fine for me on Windows 7 Pro.

Code:
playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
            <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|avi" player="MPC-HC" />
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

The only differences I see are:
1. I'm using 32bit version of MPC. Does it work with 64bit?
2. Check capitalization in your player's path. It might need to be exact.
3. I don't think you need the "filename" parameter in the rule. It might be confusing things.
@pagali,

First of all thanks for the help.
The ultimate goal is to provide a external player for powerpoint presentations like the example from some other users in the forum using the pptviewer.exe
(But since that didn't work, I tried it with other examples like VLC, MPC-HC but for now, I will use the tool which we would like eventually to workSmile

The funny things is that the advancedsettings.xml file is loaded ok and well and the extensions are recognized. But what I find funny is that the rule is accepted, so the file playercorefactory.xml is loaded but everything between the <player></player> tags are ignored. (Otherwise I've should have see the filename location of the exe loaded)

To answer your questions:

1) No unfortunately the same effect.
08:46:25.696 T:2108 NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
08:46:25.697 T:2108 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://profile/playercorefactory.xml.
08:46:25.697 T:2108 WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayer(pptview.exe): no such player: pptview.exe
08:46:25.697 T:2108 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player pptview.exe
08:46:25.697 T:2108 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: un-named
08:46:25.697 T:2108 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
08:46:25.697 T:2108 NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration

Note: to avoid spaces, I also moved the exe to the c:\temp\ as a test but that didn't work as well.

2) Same issue unfortunately.

3) Ok tried without the filename, indeed less confusing but same results.

--

The ultimate config I'm usign to get the pptviewer is following

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="pptview.exe" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>C:\PowerPointViewer\pptview.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="ppts|pptx|ppt|pps" player="pptview.exe" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
@pagali,

got it working !

Something very stupid but I found the following thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=312029 (So thanks to IronicMonkey for the hint)

And apperently, the powerpoint pps files have to be marked as video files in AdvancedSettings.xml, and the video parameter has to be in the playercorefactory.xml in the player defenition.
So the config below worked for me:

Code:
AdvancedSettings.xml:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <add>.ppts</add>
    <add>.pptx</add>
    <add>.pps</add>
    <add>.ppx</add>
  </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

PlayercoreFactory.xml
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="PowerPointViewer" type="ExternalPlayer" video="true">
     <filename>C:\PowerPointViewer\pptview.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" /S /F</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="ppts|pptx|ppt|pps" player="PowerPointViewer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
I need some help with using an external player for bluray iso images in Kodi 17.1. It worked fine in Kodi 15 with a batch file to mount and play the disc, and it still works for DVDs, but now in Kodi 17.1, I only get the internal player options when I select bluray files so it won't use the player I've specified in playercorefactory.xml, it did once work when I had partially watched a file and chose play from start, then it bypassed the internal player options and used the external player I have defined in playercorefactory.

My playercorefactory is below, thanks
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\batch files\PlayISO.bat</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexmbc>false</hidexmbc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>false</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action>"prepend">
    <rule filetypes="iso" player="PowerDVD" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
Hello,

Using latest 64-bit Kodi Leia nightly under Windows 10 Pro 17063.  I have an external player defined in playercorefactory.xml to play 4K mkvs.  My file is as follows:

xml:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
      <hidekodi>false</hidekodi>
    </player>
  </players>
   <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="4K" filetypes="mkv" filename=".*4K.*" player="MPC-BE" />
   </rules>
</playercorefactory>

The issue I am having is that once I play a file using MPC-BE, ALL files will be played with MPC-BE, regardless of whether they are mkv, or have 4K in the name.  Even if I select "VideoPlayer" from the "Play Using..." context menu, the file gets played wih MPC-BE.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The .*4K.* is catching all files for some reason (perhaps *4K.* might be the trick?) ,

try this. <rule filetypes="mkv" videoresolution="2160" player="MPC-BE"/>
Thanks PatK! I will try both and see which works.

Regards,

Bart
(2018-01-09, 07:23)PatK Wrote: The .*4K.* is catching all files for some reason (perhaps *4K.* might be the trick?) ,

PatK,

Unfortunately, neither worked.  When I put videoresolution="2160", all files, including those that are 4K, get played with the internal player.  When I put in the name "*4K.*", all files, including those that are not 4K, get played with MPC-BE.  Any other ideas?

Again, thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I changed the naming of a couple of my 4K files to test.  Before I had something like "Bright (2017).4K.mkv"; I changed it to "Bright (2017)(4K).mkv", and changed the regex for filename to ".*\(4K\)\.", which I understand to mean to match any character until you get to a (, followed by 4K, followed by a ), followed by a .; is my understanding of the regex correct? I know periods and () have special meaning in regexes, thus the \ before them to mean the actual character.

In any case, the issue is still there: 

1. I play a movie that is not 4K, and it plays in the internal player
2. I play a movie that is 4K, and it plays in MPC-BE (I just leave it for a few seconds, and then close the player)
3. I play another movie that is not 4K, and it also plays in MPC-BE.
4. Any movie that I play, plays in MPC-BE

Could this be a Leia issue? Where else should I post this?
(2018-01-09, 07:23)PatK Wrote: The .*4K.* is catching all files for some reason (perhaps *4K.* might be the trick?) ,

PatK,

Tested with Krypton 17.6 and the following playercorefactory.xml:

xml:
<playercorefactory>
 <players>
    <player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*4K.*" player="MPC-BE"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

And it works correctly! movies with 4K in the file name get played with MPC-BE, and other movies get played with the internal player.  I also uninstalled Kodi again, installed Leia 32-bit, and added my source and created the playercorefactory.xml again.  In Leia the issue is present, once a movie gets played with MPC-BE, all subsequent movies will be played with MPC-BE, regardless of having 4K in the file name or not.  Where should I post this with what information so that developers review it?

Thanks,

Bart
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11