• 7(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
Saik, imdb scraping has been disabled due to IMDB fair use policy.

Team XBMC is investigating to see if it is possible to get their permission.
But why imdb works in the official 8.10 release and dont works in the unofficial SVN release?

None the less, i cant geht information from other online databases with the unofficial release.
ashlar Wrote:Saik, imdb scraping has been disabled due to IMDB fair use policy.

Team XBMC is investigating to see if it is possible to get their permission.

Yeah, I just realized this last night. I tried a lot of the other sources and almost all are other languages and have crappy thumbnails. There is one that works, but it offers a lot less information than imdb. Thumbnails look good though. I forget the name offhand, but its one of the last choices and it starts with a T... maybe TmDB.

Tom
Jezz_X Wrote:Well you are incorrect because the external players do not have our internal filesystem to handle stuff like dvd.iso multipart stacking or playing inside rar archives

I'm not talking about ISOs or RARs. I'm talking about IFOs and VOBs, which XBMC will launch externally, just not by default.

So why not have a disclaimer stating that externalplayer cannot launch standard dvds by default regardless of settings? Can this be changed?
saik Wrote:But why imdb works in the official 8.10 release and dont works in the unofficial SVN release?

None the less, i cant geht information from other online databases with the unofficial release.

You'll need to go back to a build prior to svn17033. I've heard there's a relatively easy way to hack around and re-enable imdb scraping in new builds but I haven't been able to figure out exactly how on my own.

The other alternatives are to use either XBMC Media Companion or Movie Info Plus to create your own thumbnails and info that XBMC will then pick up when scanning. Both of those apps still scrape IMDB.
LaTropa64 Wrote:You'll need to go back to a build prior to svn17033. I've heard there's a relatively easy way to hack around and re-enable imdb scraping in new builds but I haven't been able to figure out exactly how on my own.

The other alternatives are to use either XBMC Media Companion or Movie Info Plus to create your own thumbnails and info that XBMC will then pick up when scanning. Both of those apps still scrape IMDB.

better is to fill the other database in use now (themoviedb) so that it will be the same or better then IMDB
Jester Wrote:better is to fill the other database in use now (themoviedb) so that it will be the same or better then IMDB

Yeah, I've been adding some info to themoviedb. It's going to be a tedious process though. It doesn't have anywhere near the amount of info on imdb... oh and I dug a little deeper and finally had a look at XBMC\system\scrapers\video\imdb.xml and it was fairly easy to see what was changed. Big Grin
ashlar Wrote:Zoom works perfectly (look for my posts in the previous pages). I haven't tried MPC-HC yet.

I've just tried MPC-HC (with it's "start fullscreen" option set) on Vista and it worksforme, even with forceontop set to false, regardless of whether XBMC is launched with -fs or it's just sized to cover the screen.

I've also retested WMP11 (on Vista) with the /fullscreen arg and it appears above XBMC (again, regardless of whether XBMC is launched with -fs or it's just sized to cover the screen), however when you press esc to try and close it, it disappears below XBMC, though it still has focus and you can Alt-F4 to quit.

I haven't tested on XP yet.

My best advice (this is with Jester's newer builds that include my latest patch) is to start with the following options:

Code:
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>

if your external player doesn't appear above XBMC then try the following, one at a time:
1) removing the "-fs" option from the shortcut you use to launch XBMC and just set the screen size (in XBMC's settings) to the same size as your display
2) setting <forceontop>true</forceontop> (both with and without the "-fs" option on the XBMC shortcut)
3) setting <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> (both with and without the "-fs" option on the XBMC shortcut)
4) if your player is still not appearing then check you have the right path and options.
I'm trying to use mplayer-vdpau on Ubuntu but for some reason, I do not even get CEXTPlayer debug notices. (yes debug is set to true Wink )

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
  <defaultplayer>externalplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
<externalplayer>
  <filename>/usr/local/bin/mplayer</filename>
  <args></args>
  <forceontop>true</forceontop>
  <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

XBMC recognizes advancedsettings just fine:
Code:
10:40:03 T:3050248000 M:154652672  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: /usr/local/bin/mplayer
10:40:03 T:3050248000 M:154652672  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: Forceontop (true), Hideconsole (false), Hidecursor (false)
10:40:03 T:3050248000 M:154652672  NOTICE: Default Video Player: externalplayer
but then goes on to play mkv files using dvdplayer?
nipnup Wrote:I'm trying to use mplayer-vdpau on Ubuntu but for some reason, I do not even get CEXTPlayer debug notices. (yes debug is set to true

This is the Windows section.
Jester, of all the test versions and changes to solve the focus thing... has anything already been put into SVN? Or is the SVN version still "broken"?
ashlar Wrote:Jester, of all the test versions and changes to solve the focus thing... has anything already been put into SVN? Or is the SVN version still "broken"?

SVN is currently "broken" my builds use the current SVN + the patch we are working on....
Ok, that's what I thought but I wanted to be sure. Between what's happening here and in the Intel patch discussion... it's kind of tough to understand where we're standing.
Thanks! Smile
I don't understand whats going wrong. I can't get zoom player to start in fullscreen everytime. Zoom player will start perfectly sometimes and other times Xbmc freezes. If I hit ctrl+alt+Delete, i can see zoomplayer is not responding. I close zoom player and XBMC comes up again, if i try to play a movie now sometimes it will work, some times i have to repeat the above process again. In zoom player setting if i set it to start in windowed mode everything works fine. Everything aslo works with MPC-HC fullscreen and windowed. I'm using rev 17097 with vista64.

This is my advancedsettings code:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /shutdown</args>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>
role2682 Wrote:I don't understand whats going wrong. I can't get zoom player to start in fullscreen everytime. Zoom player will start perfectly sometimes and other times Xbmc freezes. If I hit ctrl+alt+Delete, i can see zoomplayer is not responding. I close zoom player and XBMC comes up again, if i try to play a movie now sometimes it will work, some times i have to repeat the above process again. In zoom player setting if i set it to start in windowed mode everything works fine. Everything aslo works with MPC-HC fullscreen and windowed. I'm using rev 17097 with vista64.

This is my advancedsettings code:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
<externalplayer>
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /shutdown</args>
</externalplayer>
</advancedsettings>

Try starting XBMC with the "XBMC (windowed)" shortcut but set it's resolution (under screen in settings) to match that of your display so it fills the screen. If that doesn't make any difference try setting:

Code:
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

Hopefully that's a temporary measure as CapnBry is still working to resolve the Intel/Vsync issue without having to make the XBMC window TOPMOST.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11