•   
  • 106(current)
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread
(2020-12-21, 16:17)willburstyle06 Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 20:14)PatK Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 07:43)willburstyle06 Wrote: VLC doesn't automatically exit back to Kodi like it was before. I'm not sure what changed
If I use MPC-HC (or BE) as an external player, it works perfectly as expected with both Matrix and Leia.

Running VLC brings, it used to work fine, I have updated VLC and looking at the error below, file:/// pathing might be at issue with the VLC directive.

Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///C:/Kodi-Leia/Kodi/%2Ffullscreen'. Check the log for details.
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///C:/Kodi-Leia/Kodi/%2Fclose'. Check the log for details.

I'll have to go check if my log shows the same thing

I was able to solve the issue with VLC not automatically returning to Kodi by just turning on the setting to "close VLC after playlist ends"

It's more of a minor inconvenience then an actual problem but is there a way to set the playercorefactory.xml rules so that it automatically plays a file with VLC based on the files resolution it detects, in this case any 4k file? Right now I have it set so it sees 2160p in the file name to use VLC but sometimes I forget to add that in lol

Once again here is my current playercorefactory.xml

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="VLC Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}"</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
      <playcountminimumtime>100000</playcountminimumtime>

</player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filename=".*2160p.*" player="VLC Player"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>
I've set up kodi to play videos with an external player (potplayer) when i play them that way my gpu usage is high and task manager shows that kodi is using even more gpu than potplayer playing the video itself. While playing the video and going to kodi the resume button in the upper right corner is there and when i click it it actually resumes the video in kodi too. i believe that when using external players kodi plays the video on its internal player too or sth cause my laptop fans are loud when playing it that way and normal when playing the video outside of kodi. Is there any way around this?. Maybe have kodi actually close and then reopen when exiting - finishing potplayer playback?
(2021-01-10, 01:46)CerviInVi Wrote: kodi actually close and then reopen when exiting - finishing potplayer playback?
That's how it works for me using MPC-HC, MPC-BE, and VLC. Perhaps it's a setting inside potplayer or some playercorefactory script problem. External players (wiki)
LAV Splitter on MPC-BE picks low quality stream whilst working on MPC-HC without a problem
MPC-BE has v 074.1 and MPC-HC has v 0.74.1.75
Do I need to update it?
I am trying to set up both VLC and PowerDVD as external players, VLC as the Kodi default, and PDVD for all videos requiring menu navigation. This is what i have, and it results in no context menu options.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD20\PowerDVD.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidekodi>true</hidekodi>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|avi|divx|mp4|flv|m2v|mpeg|mpg|mts|vob|mov|m4v" player="VLC"/>
<rule filename=".*.3D.*|.*.3D.iso|3D.*" player="PowerDVD"/>
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

This is what i have been using which provides default VLC playback, and Kodi player via context.

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
     <player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
       <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\VLC.exe</filename>
       <playcountminimumtime>30</playcountminimumtime>
     </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
     <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*|.*2160p.*" player="VLC"/>
     <rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts|mkv|mp4|ts|vob|avi|mov|ifo" player="VLC"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

What have i got wrong here ?
I have the latest Kodi 19.1 installed on a windows 10 computer and it was complaining about not being able to play a blu-ray with AACS protection when I selected the show blu-ray menus to play the movie.

I have just installed Cyberlink PowerDVD 21. When I play the same blu-ray in Kodi it plays fine with menus and no complaints about copy protection.

I was just wondering. Is PowerDVD or libraries now integrated into kodi and being use to allow Kodi to decode the copy protection? As the blu-ray plays fine through PowerDVD.
(2021-06-07, 09:14)G12345567 Wrote: PowerDVD now integrated into kodi and being use to allow Kodi to decode the copy protection?
Kodi does not decode copy protection, and Power DVD is not integrated into Kodi. Using external players has always been an option or feature of Kodi and the 3rd party program should function as its features allow while Koid only passes on the path/target file in focus before minimizing. I suspect somewhere along the line, some lib or routine was added by the user,3rd party script, or installation of some foreign batch file if Kodi now appreciates any decoding of cp.
  •   
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread11
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.