• 7(current)
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!
BlueCop Wrote:Sorry been MIA and neglecting the plugin maintenance. i will look into fixing this. I will try to look into fixing it this weekend.

Hi again Bluecop. It seems I gave a false alarm as it is working fine now. It is throwing some extra stuff in the shows list, but that is easy to ignore.
hmm, does it work outside the US?

also, when trying to load your script, i get Error: Python script failed: special://home/scripts/CBS/default.py
Running Ubuntu 9.04, and that's not where the dir is located, it's under /home/user/.xbmc/scripts/CBS/default.py rather.

debug says "AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'argv'
I have a pretty slow DSL connection and I get a lot of buffering, which makes viewing a show unpleasant. I have messed around with the XMBC cache size, to increase buffer, but that seems to have no impact on plugins. I looked at the "settings.xml" for this plugin and see that there is this option:

<!-- 0.Ask 1.Play 2. Download 3. Download and Play -->

I tried modifying this setting to 2 so that it would download for later play. After restarting XMBC, the plugin now asks me whether I want to play, download or download and play, but I then get a python script error after it starts to download. I noted that this line in "settings.xml" and wonder if it needs to be changed for XMBC 9.0.4.1 on Apple TV:

<setting id="download_path" type="folder" source="video" label="30010" option="writeable" default="E:\"/>

Anyone have an answer to this? Thanks.
kschroll Wrote:I have a pretty slow DSL connection and I get a lot of buffering, which makes viewing a show unpleasant. I have messed around with the XBMC cache size, to increase buffer, but that seems to have no impact on plugins. I looked at the "settings.xml" for this plugin and see that there is this option:

<!-- 0.Ask 1.Play 2. Download 3. Download and Play -->

I tried modifying this setting to 2 so that it would download for later play. After restarting XBMC, the plugin now asks me whether I want to play, download or download and play, but I then get a python script error after it starts to download. I noted that this line in "settings.xml" and wonder if it needs to be changed for XBMC 9.0.4.1 on Apple TV:

<setting id="download_path" type="folder" source="video" label="30010" option="writeable" default="E:\"/>

Anyone have an answer to this? Thanks.

A quick guess would be that the E: needs to be changed to one of the "special:" types.
Thanks. I changed the settings.xml line from

to:

<setting id="download_path" type="folder" source="video" label="30010" option="writeable" default="special:\"/>

This was progress in that the file apparently downloaded, but I don't know where to. I have poked around on in the AppleTV directory structure and don't see it. Where would the above path put this, and how would I name that as a source in the video menu?
I figured this out and the video downloaded to a new directory I created and made as a source, and it played. However, it doesn't work again. It's like the plug in is ignoring the settings file; it does not ask me to play, download, or download and play... I rebooted the ATV but still no luck.
kschroll Wrote:Thanks. I changed the settings.xml line from

to:

<setting id="download_path" type="folder" source="video" label="30010" option="writeable" default="special:\"/>

This was progress in that the file apparently downloaded, but I don't know where to. I have poked around on in the AppleTV directory structure and don't see it. Where would the above path put this, and how would I name that as a source in the video menu?

Can't go check as I am at work, but there isn't something in the UI to specify where the downloads go? Typically, everything in a settings.xml is visible in the UI.
Just curious...I can't seem to get either the HULU app or the CBS app to work on my current setup. Is there a mysterious setup that I have to perform to get these apps working? I used the latest T3CH build as of yesterday, and it didn't seem to work. Then I noticed the python folder wasn't in the XBMC directory, so I used a copy of one that I've had for a while backed up, and it still didn't work. Any ideas for a semi-noob? (I stopped modding XBOX's about 2 years ago, I think that demotes me a little Sad).

Thanks!

-BrutalByte
First of all, Hulu is currently dead and will likely stay that way for a while. Second, 9.04.1-FIXED-Babylon should work for you. You can use the SVN (look here if you need help http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911) to install the latest CBS video plugin which will automatically install in into XBMC\plugins\video for you. I'm currently watching Craig Ferguson as I type this.
I'll definitely give it a try...

Thanks in advance!

-BrutalByte
BrutalByte2 Wrote:My apologies for not being clear...I'm using this on an XBOX...is there a comparable XBOX build that will have the same fix?

Thanks in advance!

-BrutalByte

yes, that is the xbox build that should work for you. I also am using an xbox. google "t3ch xbmc" to get the official t3ch build, or google "xbmc nightly build" to get something even more recent.

i'm using XBMC r20982 from the nightly builds site since it's currently the last build with any changes other than incremental. we can't post the links to the sites, but google should get you there.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Where is link for download? Am i blind?
racksprt Wrote:Where is link for download? Am i blind?

It's in the SVN Repo Installer which is here: SVN

It might already be in your XBMC underneath Programs. If you don't see Programs, then go to Settings and then Skin Settings and look for an option to Show Programs. Then go to Programs and see if you've already got the installer. If you do, then go to xbmc-addons and then plugins and then video and look for CBS.

If you don't have it already, then download the SVN Repo Installer to your computer and unzip it. Then move the whole folder to XBMC\plugins\programs and follow the above steps.

You could also try the passion installer which you put into your XBMC\scripts folder and go to plugins > video and look for CBS.

There's not a direct link to it because using the Installer is an easier way to see if there's an update to the plugin and it keeps the plugins in one spot instead of having to search around for links.

Good luck.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Whenever I try to run the plugin I get:
Error
Python Script Failed:
special://home/plugins/video/CBS/default.py

What does this mean?

Thanks
This may need a quick update in the scraper section. All the show titles under "Most Popular" are coming back as just "CBS".
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!0