• 10(current)
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!
I committed a partial rewrite for the site changes to CBS.com

Several things are going to need to be refactored for their new site design.

The current status is that it lists full episodes if available and plays them. They don't seem to be encoding the newer episodes in HD though. I am not sure why but some have HD in the smil and some don't. that is a CBS issue though.

I will have more time tonight to add in more features.

sorry for the long delay for fixes. There are several reasons but I won't go through that. anyway I hope to be back and more regularly working on fixes and new plug-ins.

big thanks to ksosez for his work. Smile
Big Grin Thanks BlueCop
committed another update.

It now lists all content available on the site. I also added the available thumbnails, duration and air date to the metadata for the videos.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Thumbs Up 
Missed this one while it was down, kudos to both of you guys for bringing this excellent plugin back to life. It's working great - even via Proxy; albeit a 30-second delay before each video begins.

Pausing has always been an issue in plugins like this, but simply typing in a time in HH:MM:SS format and hitting enter allows you to seek instantly back to your last position in the video.

Love it!
where is a link to download the repo for this.. much help appreciated
thank you...
Ferdnand: http://code.google.com/p/bluecop-xbmc-re...loads/list
Small request

I use this strictly for Survivor videos, when I go to 'clips' it loads up almost 3,000 clips all at once, so takes a few minutes

Is it possible to force pagination at say 20 or so videos? I'm not sure if other shows have the same behavior

Also, under 'Ponderosa' section it is only showing videos from the current season, where the website is showing videos from a number of seasons, is it possible to tweak to include them?
Thanks for the update, glad it got working again.
Eldorado: I updated so it handles show sub categories correctly. I will add some code to pageinate the videos soon.
Nice addon! Keep up the good work!

Not sure but is there a way to see past episodes (i.e. Survivor Season 3)?
Hi Bluecop,

I was able to adapt your script to work on the xbox. I just tested it in Windows XBMC and this works as well . Below is the pastebin of the common.py The changes start in the settings section, line 37. *Edit, actually needed to include xbmcaddon at the beginning as well.

http://pastebin.com/s5yzBQDn

Thanks to t0mm0 for giving me a bit of direction. He also referenced me to the following post, which then again links to the usage of xbmcaddon
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=570786
Thanks for the update!

I did find an odd error, which I don't think is directly related to this addon.. or maybe it is, I can reproduce but haven't tried doing it in anywhere else

If I go into Survivor clips, it starts loading the huge list, if I cancel early in, then navigate back out.. every addon I go into after that contains portions of those clips

I backed out of CBS and went into Icefilms, each folder I went in some of the clips from Survivor were listed first, then the rest of the items that should be there... I tried other addons, same thing, random Survivor clips first, followed by what should be there

I had to restart XBMC to correct this
Bluecop,
The add on is a real blessing! I have however found a quirk. Browse to the prime time / 48 hour mystery section. Give it a min as there are a ton of episodes. I noticed a few of them errored in the plugin. One that has is house of secretes, I think its the second one from the top. Error code is in the pastebin below.

http://pastebin.com/LcMvNeDM

Also, can you comment on the slight modifications I have made to the script to enable universal compatibility? If its something you are ok with, I will go and change a few of your others to work as well. If I'm going to have to do it with each new release, it might not be worth spending the time. Thanks again!
PS
translated_string = addon.getLocalizedString(30000) in the script change I made is not needed. supposed to be in the xml somewhere to find language setting oops (:
Eldorado: I can replicate the behavior you describe. I don't know if it is something I am doing wrong or just a bug somewhere else. I will try to track it down.

mrdally204: thanks for the updates. I can give you commit access if you want to make any changes. I am probably going to retire this plug-in though. I incorporated CBS functionality into Free Cable. I added xbmcaddon for settings in the next version so it should be multi-platform.
I appreciate the offer, but I'm not really a python guy yet. The main reason I wanted you to see it, is the hopes you would use it going forward, expanding compatibility not only in this plugin, but any you make going forward. Thanks for the extra bit of coding, the Xbox people really appreciate it!

Once I learn a bit more on python, I might take you up on the offer for commit access, just not at this time (:
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CBS (Video) Plugin for XBMC - Now with HD Support!0