[RELEASE] Adult Swim (Video) Plugin
Thumbs Up 
Working plug-in uploaded to the svn repo. this maintains the exact same functionality of the other boxee version.

the original boxee version offloaded some of the work to thecheese's server to get the final video link. this is now all done in the script so it isn't dependent on his server being around.

i am working on rewrite of some of it for more options. including searches, A feature clip mode that i hope will be continuous play, A more customizable directory structure,
full download support for all videos(all served over http).

episodes are in segments so i have to build a playlist to add each segment to. you can skip through segments likes they were chapters.

This works fine on windows it plays the videos great.

however on xbox the video does not go full screen when playing a playlist so you have to manually do it. i don't know why the functionality is different across platforms. i am guessing it is a bug in the xbox port. i willl report it if i find out for sure the code isn't responsible.

-added: full download options
-added: customizable views
-changed: show directory to list episodes in root with a Clips directory. if no episodes are found then it will list the clips for that show.

orginal post
Quote:I was working on an Adult swim script myself but then i found someone releases one a few days ago for boxee.

boxee forum post

download link
<-- Doesn't work with XBMC

I tested this on the xbox with 12-30-08 t3ch build and it seems to be working fine. huge thanks to thecheese for this.

edit: i take back the working fine part. there is a small issue with the playlists for the episodes. i will see if i can update it to work correctly with xbmc

could a mod please change the thread title to RELEASE and not REQUEST. i messed up
why use this shit when navi-x has all the adult swim content,even available for downloading
Harsh words J.

Waiting to see your plugin for something, brother.

They take time and a lot of effort to create, please be constructive.
Smile 
thanks for the work looking forward to trying this out. Keep it up
johndoep Wrote:why use this shit when navi-x has all the adult swim content,even available for downloading

I don't like the navi-x interface. i also perfer plugins to scripts.

since adult swim doesn't use rtmp and just http. adding downloading to this script is rather simple.
No doubt have some respect man.Thanks BlueCop.
Using XBMC 12/08 for xbox.The clips are not ending without trying to restart.Also full eps not showing in directory.Just a heads up.
Are the clips really split into segments? Sad
BlueCop Wrote:i will see if i can update it to work correctly with xbmc

sorry it looks like i won't have time to get to this. i am going out of town till sunday so i won't be anywhere i am capable of trying to update this for xbmc. sorry i will try when i get back or someone else can take a shot.

XBMCG33K: yes the episodes are split into segments

Rookie: some of the shows don't have full episodes available

again all thanks goes to thecheese. no need to thank me i am just posting to inform you guys about it.
about multiple segments. i've seen this in a few plugins. people should if they are available from the start. add all to a playlist and play that. there is no need for you to set the url to the video link. just let the plugin handle playing it.

if i misunderstood, ignore. Smile
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
John Doep is right!!! Why bother with a single plugin that doesn't work correctly for just 1 playlist when my Adult Swim playlist on Navi-X has worked fine for a long time! Not to mention Navi-X has alot more support, easy to use playlists creators and people can post their own content in seconds! You can also select to "AutoPlay" next episodes in the playlist and they automatically open up. Plus, if you have good DSL or cable, they load up seemlessly, with very little interruption. Maybe you should work with us instead of against us cop. Check it out!!! http://www.navi-x.org Also don't go dissing my background and logo themes just because you didn't come up with them first! Hating my design without looking at them is just plain wrong!

- iRoN BiLL
iRoNBiLL: i have no interest in arguments. i simply stated my reasons for wanting a video plugin. i am not working against anyone. i simply posted this here to inform people.

i am not dissing or trying to force you to use anything. i didnt create this. i dont have any pride of ownership. i will try to fix it when i return home.

i have navix installed on my box and i use it but i dont like the interface. you cant please everyone. also i like the backgrounds.

can we please not make this an arguement about navix/ navix promton thead.
I'm sorry if you interpreted my post as "combative", that was not my intention. I just don't think it's fair for you to diss a script that people spend a lot of time on. It's all good brother, I appreciate you liked my backgrounds and stuff. No hard feelings I hope.
ok i think we are misinterpreting each other. i am not dissing the script. i just prefer the seemless interface of plugin rather then scripts. that is what i mean by interface.

i have nothing but respect for navix and it creators and maintainers. i just feel like i am unfairly attacked here for posting something that might slightly overlap with navix functionality. i don't post on navix threads saying why do you need this shit because there is no purpose. if i wont use something i will simply ignore it.

anyway im not going to post any more. im on vacation in the tropics. well bored in an airport on the way there
ironbill, I love Navi-X, it's a great idea and there's plenty of content. But me too, I wish that it would integrate in the user chosen skin. Heck, if I could program in python I'd wrote a plugin to handle .plx files, even with stripped-down features. Or better: handling plx natively in XBMC code (like m3u or pls) would be fantastic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Adult Swim (Video) Plugin0