Am I Wasting My Time With The Remote?
I just bought a TV Tuner (Leadtek WinFast HDTV200 H) and it came with a remote and IR receiver that attaches to the card (model Y64G0051). i would love to be able to use this remote in XBMC so i can watch from across the room without dragging a keyboard and mouse. it works some in XBMC as it lets me use the basic up, down, left, right, select, and back buttons but nothing else. i have tried everything to remap the remote itself but i've just finally given up on that since nothing seems to be able to do it. im now trying to see if i can make XBMC adapt to the remote instead. the remote has a MCE mode that works perfectly in other Media Center Edition clone apps (GB-PVR, Media Portal, etc.) but i would much prefer to use XBMC for my Movie and TV viewing as it's much snappier and prettier than any other MC i know of (i use the MediaStream skin).

i've been reading the other threads but i just cant seem to get EventGhost working or anything else. i think i just made a bad choice with this card, as it works great with it's own software but little to nothing else. so can someone please tell me if im wasting my time or not, or if im just overlooking something? i would like to get it working but i think im just going to have to break down and buy dedicated, mappable remote (any suggestions on that option would be welcome as well). thanks in advance everyone.
product link to what it is and where i bought it if it helps.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowImage....DTV200%20H
we had the same problem on my dads htpc. try using a program called lm remote keymap the free version works just fine as thats what we use for gbpvr on his machine and media monkey, xbmc and a couple others on my machine. it will allow to create a profile of what you want the buttons to do when your in a specific program or when your just sitting on the desktop. the lm gestion website also has a little help on how to type in the comands for keyboard shortcuts if ya need help with. hope this works for ya
Chevypuman Wrote:we had the same problem on my dads htpc. try using a program called lm remote keymap the free version works just fine as thats what we use for gbpvr on his machine and media monkey, xbmc and a couple others on my machine. it will allow to create a profile of what you want the buttons to do when your in a specific program or when your just sitting on the desktop. the lm gestion website also has a little help on how to type in the comands for keyboard shortcuts if ya need help with. hope this works for ya

thanks for the tip. ill give that a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Am I Wasting My Time With The Remote?0