[XBOX]Cant read burnt dvds with avi
I'm trying to burn some DVD's with some avi files to see on my xbox using XBox Media Center. Im burning with cdburner xp http://www.filehippo.com/download_cdburnerxp/

I've tried several settings but with no success, I also read that the xbox odd can only read UDF 1.02 so I've tried setting ISO level to 1 but still no changes.

The error i get on the xbox is "The path is not found or invalid".

Did some experimenting, XMBC can read all formats, includs the default burn mode in CDBurnerXP, ISO9660/UDF/Joliet.

I've tracked it down to how much data is burnt to the disc. Anything under 2Gb in total data (multiple folders, no file larger than 800mb) is OK. Once I burn 3 or more movies to a disc (> 2gb) I get the above error.

Currently I have to use deep burner if I want to burn a DVD over 2gb for Xbox Media Center.

However, it works just fine with the old Xbox Media player.

Could you please take a look at this and fix it?
moved
Right forum now?
shrimpkebab Wrote:I'm trying to burn some DVD's with some avi files to see on my xbox using XBox Media Center. Im burning with cdburner xp http://www.filehippo.com/download_cdburnerxp/

I've tried several settings but with no success, I also read that the xbox odd can only read UDF 1.02 so I've tried setting ISO level to 1 but still no changes.

The error i get on the xbox is "The path is not found or invalid".

Did some experimenting, XMBC can read all formats, includs the default burn mode in CDBurnerXP, ISO9660/UDF/Joliet.

I've tracked it down to how much data is burnt to the disc. Anything under 2Gb in total data (multiple folders, no file larger than 800mb) is OK. Once I burn 3 or more movies to a disc (> 2gb) I get the above error.

Currently I have to use deep burner if I want to burn a DVD over 2gb for Xbox Media Center.

However, it works just fine with the old Xbox Media player.

Could you please take a look at this and fix it?

Are you saying the xbox does not see the disc in the drive? Are you using +R's -R's
RW's Are they mega bargain cheap discs. I only use Branded -RW on my samsung drive
The phillips drive will only read(at least mine did) +R's try using a different type as xbox drives are rather picky at times
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Are you saying the xbox does not see the disc in the drive? Are you using +R's -R's
RW's Are they mega bargain cheap discs. I only use Branded -RW on my samsung drive
The phillips drive will only read(at least mine did) +R's try using a different type as xbox drives are rather picky at times
Im using verbatim dvd-r, the best kind.
The Xbox can read it since it works just great in xbox media player, an older application. Its xbmc that cant seem to open it, just says "The path is not found or invalid". However xbmc Can read them if they are >2gb. And also this happens when burning with cdburnerxp.
xbmc seem to play nice with nero and deepburner tho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX]Cant read burnt dvds with avi0