backgroundcolor tag
Question 
WIKI:

Code:
backgroundcolor

Specifies whether the window needs clearing prior to rendering, and if so which colour to use.
Defaults to clearing to black. Set to 0 (or 0x00000000) to have no clearing at all.
If your skin always renders opaque textures over the entire screen
(eg using a backdrop image or multiple backdrop images)
then setting the background color to 0 is the most optimal value and may
improve performance significantly on slow GPUs.

Is this still true or it's obsolete info?

Doesn't seam to be used much in skins, although majority of them use background images.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I used it with Alaska Revisited but removed it when custom backgrounds were added.

Re-reading that though makes me wonder whether I should be using <backgroundcolor>0</backgroundcolor> for a better performance.

Jonathan?
Hitcher Wrote:I used it with Alaska Revisited but removed it when custom backgrounds were added.

Re-reading that though makes me wonder whether I should be using <backgroundcolor>0</backgroundcolor> for a better performance.

Jonathan?

I'm testing it right now and it seams to affect performance.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

If I add that tag with value 0 I get a weird effect when exiting the library:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JluVIkOLEzQ
Also I don't see any performance increase, but my gpu is quite capable so maybe that's why I don't notice any difference.
I guess that's linked to the background image changing from the fanart to a custom background image/folder and not being cleared first.
I think this never actually got finished (code wise) I had a big patch for confluence to enable it but jmarshall told me to hold off because it had issues and after that we never heard from it again
Yeah, strange things happen to fonts when fast scrolling in list, too.

I suggest removing it from wiki until finished.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

You can only use if everything rendered on top of it is 100% opaque.

If anything is fading or anything like that then you'll get weird effects (such as the youtube video).

Essentially it skips the clearing of the screen on each frame prior to rendering.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
backgroundcolor tag0