[WINDOWS] XBMC LCD/VFD support working using "LCDHype" software
i agree that it can seem a lot less user friendly, but it's for sure much less faulty (look at how hard it is and how many external programs are needed to have remote and vfd working Smile )

again, it's only a matter of 'taste' Smile
where the hell can I download LCDHype?
http://www.lcdhype.de.vu/

Andy
Anyone got this working on a CrystalFontz 4x20 (634) panel?

Would`ve been nice!

DrE
succo Wrote:here you can find a script i wrote to interface XBMC to LCDHype

I did't test it extensively, but it seems to work as intended, just put the two files in LCDHype scripts folder and load XBMC.sd (after having enabled the xbmc web server on port 80 without password) and see Smile
the Clock code is not mine, it's taken from a script on lcdhype page, thanks to pukka_parker and acesso

p.s. of course i take no responsibility if it blows your pc's Big Grin

I'm trying to get this to work with my Ahanix D5 w/ 16x2 VFD.. I've never used LCDHype before so not exactly sure how to configure it.

First, you say to "just put the two files in LCDHype scipts folder and load XBMC.sd".. What two files? The only link in your post is to the XBMC.sd file..

Second, in LCDHype do I just select the "Execuite script on application startup" ticker? If so, what do I put for Script Index? 0?

Third, then I go to the scripting in LCDHype and open up the XBMC.sd script?

I think that's all the questions I have..

Thanks!
succo Wrote:here you can find a script i wrote to interface XBMC to LCDHype

I did't test it extensively, but it seems to work as intended, just put the two files in LCDHype scripts folder and load XBMC.sd (after having enabled the xbmc web server on port 80 without password) and see Smile
the Clock code is not mine, it's taken from a script on lcdhype page, thanks to pukka_parker and acesso

p.s. of course i take no responsibility if it blows your pc's Big Grin

I tried your script, and works well with 240x128 display (T6963c). I took all off information for one page, but this information is too less for this kind of display. Anybody knows where can I find all of variables of web server? Example I'd like to use weather plugin with pictures, and the weathers of next days.
Another problem is, that I'm Hungarian and we have special characters and I use graphic mode, and I don't use the next characters: ö ü ó ő ú á ű é í. How can I use it, or how can I convert this characters? When I see the information on the html page, I can see as same as than the LCD. When I change the character set in the Explorer to UTF-8, I can see the info perfect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC LCD/VFD support working using "LCDHype" software0