• 14(current)
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon
Both Vimeo and Youtube both kick out the same error. I guess it has something to do with linking to the script.module.parsedom folder (which is installed in the /storage/.xbmc/addons folder on my raspberry pi. Do you think it is somehow being disabled?

The lib folder for parsedom is present with a copy of CommonFunctions.py within it.

Here is the info in the addon.xml for Parsedom:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes'?>
<addon id="script.module.parsedom" name="Parsedom for xbmc plugins" provider-name="TheCollective" version="2.5.1">
<requires>
<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0" />
</requires>
<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
<platform>all</platform>
<summary lang="en">Parsedom for xbmc plugins.</summary>
</extension>
<extension library="lib" point="xbmc.python.module" />
</addon>

Again, if I manually add the CommonFunctions.py to the YouTube and Vimeo folders they work.

Here is the log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=26766

Thanks again.
(2013-01-07, 08:33)stacked Wrote:
(2013-01-06, 20:40)bharath23 Wrote:
(2013-01-05, 19:28)stacked Wrote: Enable debugging (Settings -> System -> Debugging) and attempt to play the same video. Then post the full log on pastebin.

That video plays fine on my end.

I am also running xbmc eden. Here is the xbmc.log for the relevant error: http://pastebin.com/YZuXMQsN

Any help on this is appreciated.

I found the problem. It will be fixed in the next update.

Awesome, thank you really appreciate it. I can have get my frontline fix soon Smile.
2.0.8 works fine on xbian-RC3 on Rpi
I tested this latest release thoroughly on Frodo RC3 and Eden "Stable". Please let me know if there are any issues.

Version 3.0.10/2.0.10

- Fixed index error when loading directories
- Fixed redirect_url errors
- Added better support for PBS URS protected links
- Removed Requests dependency

Version 3.0.9/2.0.9

- Version bump for Frodo
- Fixed 'listitem' is not defined error
- Fixed play back error in rtmp steams
- Added setting for preferred video quality (720p on Frodo only)
- Added setting for default view in Confluence skin
Fantastic! I'll have to check it out. This is one of my favorite add-ons, by the way. Thanks for providing this add-on and keeping it updated.
Stacked - Any chance you can add WordWorld to the PBS Kids list?
(2013-01-20, 23:54)stacked Wrote: I tested this latest release thoroughly on Frodo RC3 and Eden "Stable". Please let me know if there are any issues.

Version 3.0.10/2.0.10

- Fixed index error when loading directories
- Fixed redirect_url errors
- Added better support for PBS URS protected links
- Removed Requests dependency

Version 3.0.9/2.0.9

- Version bump for Frodo
- Fixed 'listitem' is not defined error
- Fixed play back error in rtmp steams
- Added setting for preferred video quality (720p on Frodo only)
- Added setting for default view in Confluence skin

I cannot get the addon to update to 3.0.10 on either my Macbook Pro or Raspberry Pi running Frodo RC3. It updates fine on an Eden build to 2.0.10 though. I have tried to do a Force Refresh as well as an uninstall/reinstall to no avail. Any ideas?

The updates has been pushed to the xbmc repo. If you have the addon installed, it should update automatically.
I'm new to XBMC, but I love this plugin. At first it worked great, but about a week ago, the video began to be very choppy - like 4-5 FPS. This happened across multiple videos (Sid the Science Kid, Clifford, and other adult shows), all of which play fine through a browser. I've rebooted several times to no avail. I also tried playing with advancedsettings to bump up the cachemembuffer without success. Any idea what could be causing this?

PBS plugin 3.0.10
XBMC Frodo
Windows 7
4 GB RAM
(2013-01-21, 18:27)nickb6789 Wrote: Stacked - Any chance you can add WordWorld to the PBS Kids list?

Some shows unfortunately are not available from the PBS API, but I'll look into this.

(2013-02-02, 23:00)eleventh Wrote: I'm new to XBMC, but I love this plugin. At first it worked great, but about a week ago, the video began to be very choppy - like 4-5 FPS. This happened across multiple videos (Sid the Science Kid, Clifford, and other adult shows), all of which play fine through a browser. I've rebooted several times to no avail. I also tried playing with advancedsettings to bump up the cachemembuffer without success. Any idea what could be causing this?

PBS plugin 3.0.10
XBMC Frodo
Windows 7
4 GB RAM

Try changing the video settings on the addon.

To change the video quality settings for the addon:
- Go to System >> Add-ons >> Enabled Add-ons >> Video Add-ons >> PBS >> Configure
- Change the video quality to 800k-500k and click ok
Awesome, that worked. Thanks!
Great plugin!... Didn't have any issues... My internet connection is probably fast enough to handle more than 800k... Video quality looks more like 480p... Not bad at all
I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that some topics and programs may return the following error "HTTP Error 400: BAD REQUEST". PBS is currently working on fixing this issue. I'm also planning on the updating the add-on to help prevent this error from occurring.
Hi there,

Firstly, thanks so much for the fantastic addon. I'm currently living in Australia, and I love being able to enjoy the PBS content all the way over here.

Unfortunately I'm having an issue with playback. Obviously, because of network congestion, I often get the "buffering" message, sometimes 20 times in a 20 min playback, which essentially makes it impossible to watch.

I thought that, much like YouTube, if I paused playback then the system would continue downloading and after a few minutes I could start playback and watch it uninterrupted. This does not seem to happen at all.

Forum searches seemed to suggest that I needed to create the "advancedsettings.xml" file and add the "cachemembuffersize" option.

I have created the "advancedsettings.xml" file in the correct place (~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml) and it is as follows:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<autodetectpingtime>45</autodetectpingtime>
<curlclienttimeout>90</curlclienttimeout>
<curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime>
<cachemembuffersize>524288000</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

The xbmc.log file shows that it finds and loads the advancedsettings.log file.

The problem is that the changed settings seem to have no affect at all. The machine has 4GB of RAM, but the used RAM never increases above about 750MB (same as before settings change), no matter how long I pause playback for, and playback remains just as bad.

So my questions are:

1) Does the PBS addon continue to download whilst playback is paused?
2) If so, does the above cache setting control this?
3) Is there any way to reduce the streaming playback quality below the lowest (800k) currently available in settings to allow for the lower network bandwidth?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Lachlan.
(2013-04-27, 05:52)baylf2000 Wrote: So my questions are:

1) Does the PBS addon continue to download whilst playback is paused?
2) If so, does the above cache setting control this?
3) Is there any way to reduce the streaming playback quality below the lowest (800k) currently available in settings to allow for the lower network bandwidth?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Lachlan.

1) I did some tests just now and it seems that XBMC doesn't download rtmp streams when paused. Unfortunately, I can't change this behavior in the addon. The addon simply supplies the video url to XBMC.
2) I never had any luck with tweaking the cache settings. I use the default settings on all my XBMC boxes and I don't have issues with buffering.
3) I'll add a setting for 400k streams in the next update.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] PBS (Video) Addon2