Problem with sound control with a receiver
I have XBMC Windows 8.10 (and EventGhost) installed and configured to work with my Receiver via SPDIF digital connection. I can get AC3/DTS sound.

However, I am having issues to control the sound--volume and mute. XBMC doesn't respond to it. It displays the sound bar or mute message on top of the screen but no changes to the sound. If I disable the AC3/DTS receiver, I was able to control the sound (but only stereo sound). I know I could control the sound at my receiver's end. But the point is XBMC should allow me to control it.

I suspect when you go digital with AC3/DTS receiver enabled, XBMC uses default DirectSound device by-pass my Nvidia device to control the sound. I had similar problem with Windows Media Player but when i changed the device from the default Directsound to my Nvidia device I was able to control the volume and mute. Shouldn't XBMC has the option to choose the audio device?

Is anyone having the problem?
Trying using AC3filter. just google it and you can find where to dl it. I tried it and it solved all my problems with SPDIF audio connection.
Cooki_lu, did AC3filter solve your problem?

I am having the same issue running XBMC Live on a USB flash drive. As far as I can tell it seems AC3filter does not support Linux.

Does anyone know another solution to this problem?
I don't think AC3filter will do anything with XBMC.

Newer builds will let you choose between the Primary Sound Driver and your Nvidia one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with sound control with a receiver0