[Apple TV] XBMC no longer updating library
I have a library of about 400 movies + Tv shows. As of last night it stopped adding movies/tv shows. Checking the logs the checksum from the DB to the Calculated one were the same even though there were 3+ new movies that I knew I had and a couple of episodes.

The solution for me was to Set Content + Save and then Scan for new Content for movies, this helped with the movie issue. With Tv Eps nothing was working until I renamed one of the episodes.

Could it be a problem with the checksum? I tried updating the library this morning as another of my movies got encoded and it seems to be working as it did before..

Is there a known issue?

I am on Atlantis bf1, Launcher 2.2, aTV 2.2

Thanks and keep up the good work
This was happening to me too.

I removed my shares, cleaned the Library, then reconnected my shares (SMB) and I got it to work again. It only did it to my TV shows though. It got about halfway through then it would stop.

I noticed when I booted into XBMC that it would do scan the movies folder and the TV shows folder on my shares, but it wouldn't go any deeper than TV shows. In the past it would scan each show.

I am on Atlantis bf1, Launcher 2.2, aTV 2.2, I don't think I've done any upgrades since though.
Dont want to remove my share, etc.. I have 400 movies and marking them watched was a pain and scrapping them took hours.. plus everything is setup nicely.. nothing has changed.. did u try re downloading XBMC would that help?

This is a pretty bad bug...
there is always the possibility of it coming back so erasing ur library everytime is just not worth it, too me it looks like the checksum for the folder is not working properly...
any devs out there have a suggestion(s)?
My library never updates by itself, but if I go into movies and TV shows and update my library it works fine...I am running ATV 2.3, bf1 and Launcher 2.3 maybe try updating the launcher?
I get tv shows not updating often. I usually end up deleting the folder for that season and it will scan them all back in. I can't think of anytime a movie didn't scan in.

I place each movie in a separate folder and tv shows are stored in folders by season.
Same here....stopped updating my TV shows last night.

Edit: New shows/episodes downloaded today got added. Not the ones i tried to add yesterday (the episode info was downloaded, but did not show up)
However if i now do a "Scan for new content" on each of the Shows it gets added.....weird.
My TV Shows are not updating either as of today...maybe it's an issue with ThetVDB.com and not XBMC...
Same problem here. Started yesterday, on the Linux version.
Same issue as well, on Apple TV. However took a look at the log, and it looks like its having issues connecting to http://www.thetvdb.com

Give its some time, I am sure they are working on whatever problems they may be having.

ERROR: Unable to connect to http://www.thetvdb.com
Same issue on my end...
any solutions out there?
So do you think that if your scrapper is unavailable the show gets flagged as in the library but never properly added?
seems that is the case, it ignores the unscanned shows after... the only solution that I can find is too rename/touch one of the shows and update the library again.

But this is not the ultimate solution, the scrapper should take care of this scenario if the unable to connect to http://www.thetvdb.com. Any developers out there that can maybe out this in the new release?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] XBMC no longer updating library0