[Apple TV] XBMC no longer updating library
Does anyone know if you can increase the period before it times out when trying to reach thetvdb.com? Would this help?
Just to chime in as another person experiencing the problem with TV shows not updating in the library, I have been trying since Sunday night.
I ended up removing a dozen shows (some with multiple seasons) via "Set Content" trying to get things working and now I can't get any of them back into the library. I've tried removing them, cleaning the library and adding them back in many times to no avail. They were all in there before so I know it's not naming conventions.
Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting some kind of a solution, I've come to depend on xmbc's awesomeness for all my tv watching needs!
Well, my library is all screwed up now... I'm having problems with multipath sources, so I had to add different ones (Movies 1, Movies 2, etc) instead of just having "Movies" with all the paths inside. Bummer.

XBMC is also not getting the correct posters for the movies (even though each and every folder has its folder.jpg file), it's simply downloading them again.

TV Shows are gone, I've just tried it one more time with no avail. Thetvdb.com is completely unaccesible (the API at least).
Guille779 Wrote:Well, my library is all screwed up now... I'm having problems with multipath sources, so I had to add different ones (Movies 1, Movies 2, etc) instead of just having "Movies" with all the paths inside. Bummer.

XBMC is also not getting the correct posters for the movies (even though each and every folder has its folder.jpg file), it's simply downloading them again.

TV Shows are gone, I've just tried it one more time with no avail. Thetvdb.com is completely unaccesible (the API at least).

try telling your movie folder source not to look up by foldername? then rescan
jayhawk785 Wrote:try telling your movie folder source not to look up by foldername? then rescan

Screw this. I'll restore to Apple TV factory defaults, update to the latest version (2.3.1 I guess?) and re-patch the bastard. I hope a fresh install will fix this.
Ok, I have everything updated (Apple TV 2.3.1, Launcher 2.3 and XBMC 8.10bf1).
I configured my sources but disabled the library until I'm sure about how the damn thing works.

Does the library use the file "folder.jpg" to display the movie poster? Is there a file size (KB or pixels) limitation for this file? I've noticed that some movies do indeed use the poster I download, while other don't.
Just an update, I've found that updating the library - connecting to thetvdb - is much more reliable in the early morning, as it updated today at 6 am with no issues - actually it was incredibly fast at rebuilding my library.

I think the issue might be the growing popularity of applications like plex, boxee and xbmc. Less a technical problem, and more a traffic problem. thetvdb demand is probably growing higher than the current servers can handle - especially during peak hours for TV watching.

I have noticed one thing. All of my settings are default in xbmc - enable fan art - use wide titles, etc. Now that I've rebuilt my library (I had started from scratch last night by deleting my /App Support/XBMC Folder), the shows were all downloaded, but I only have the poster art, and no fan art. Anyone else experiencing this?

Excerpt from log:

Code:
06:47:54 T:2684407808 M: 25124864  NOTICE: Updating video library on startup
06:47:54 T:2684407808 M: 25120768   ERROR: Control 402 in window 10133 has been asked to focus, but it can't
06:47:54 T:2684407808 M: 25145344  NOTICE: initialize done
06:47:54 T:2684407808 M: 25145344  NOTICE: Running the application...
06:47:54 T:2684407808 M: 25133056  NOTICE: ES: Starting event server
06:47:54 T:43076096 M: 25128960  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 127.0.0.1:9777
06:47:54 T:43076096 M: 25124864  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
06:47:54 T:43179520 M: 22749184  NOTICE: My Videos: Scanning for video info using worker thread, operation took 00:00
06:48:17 T:43179520 M:  4804608   ERROR: Failed to download fanart  to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/d02fadad.tbn
06:48:40 T:43179520 M:  5361664   ERROR: Failed to download fanart  to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/d5f06da1.tbn
06:49:11 T:43076096 M:  9211904  NOTICE: ES: Client  from 127.0.0.1 timed out
06:50:11 T:43179520 M:  8310784   ERROR: Failed to download fanart  to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/e0113daa.tbn
06:50:34 T:43179520 M:  8278016   ERROR: Failed to download fanart  to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/caf0c5d7.tbn
06:50:56 T:43179520 M:  8364032   ERROR: Failed to download fanart  to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/6fd13fdd.tbn
I've finally have my Movies library set up, with no items or posters missing.
Apparently this is the setup so that both modes (File mode and Library) show poster AND fanart:

Blood Diamond (2006)
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD1.avi
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD1.srt
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD2.avi
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD2.srt
- Blood Diamond (2006).CD1.tbn
- Blood Diamond (2006)-fanart.jpg
- fanart.jpg
- folder.jpg
- movie.nfo
- movie.tbn

IMPAwards and MoviePosterDB must be off so that when it scans for new content it'll look for the -fanart and tbn files already in place.

Now I only have to scrape my TV Shows, but I'll wait till 2 or 3 in the morning to do so. Maybe Thetvdb.com will be accesible by then.
Guille779 Wrote:IMPAwards and MoviePosterDB must be off so that when it scans for new content it'll look for the -fanart and tbn files already in place.
If that is the case, we have a bug.
Can anyone confirm this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Mine was not working for a few days. It worked last night, but was pretty slow. When It was not working earlier in the week the scraper on my xbox xbmc worked fine.
Update: Last night, XBMC connected to thetvdb.com. It did not update all of my TV shows, though. I have about 12 TV shows in well organized directories. In the past, it would index all of them. Last night it only did about 4 of them and ignored the rest.

I didn't check the log to see what was going on. I'll post on that later.
AudioCoder Wrote:Mine was not working for a few days. It worked last night, but was pretty slow. When It was not working earlier in the week the scraper on my xbox xbmc worked fine.

It was working this morning, I left my Apple TV at home downloading show info. I hope to have everything ready when I return. I guess Thetvdb.com was getting hammered.
It doesnt work with me for over a week now (for TV shows). Need help please!!! Let me clarify:

1) When I select "scan for new content", it works well and adds it to the library.

2) Does not work when I select "update library" though

3) Also doesnt work with "update library on start-up" at start-up

4) Cleaned library, but also didnt work.

Thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I think this is a bug. I will capture logs this week. I should have done this over the weekend.
I tried again on the ATV with no luck. Then I used my xbox and my osxbmc for mac and it worked great. So did Media Companion. This makes me skeptical that it is an issue with the TVDB.
It's working again, at least for me. All my TV shows are now correctly cataloged.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV] XBMC no longer updating library0