• 1(current)
XBMC hangs at end of videos (all latest builds)
I tried 5 different latest svn builds (since 16500+) and all seems to have same bug. only on atlantis and older svn build xbmc dosnt hangs

When i play video file from my NAS (linux SMB share) xbmc hangs at end of file ,no remote or keyboard commands works but debug info on screen are updated (cpu usage/ free mem). I tried lots of format (mkv, xvid, divx) and all are affected

debug log: http://pastebin.4programmers.net/32
htpc spec: xpsp2/geforce 7150/e7400/2gb/720p
Same for me, XBMC hangs at end of videos.

on: intel atom dual core n330 little falls 2 board.
I had this issue also with Jester's latest builds. Kricker's 17152-no-intel build works.
I also tested Kricker's 17152-no-intel it dosnt hangs at few first tested videos, but finnaly it hangs in same way

@toiva did you made more tests or only few?
Tested with ~10 videos or so..
Same Here.
Watched about 15 files. At the end they hang, and have to reboot the machine. type of files do not seem to matter: it happens with avi and mkv. library - nonlibrary does not make a difference either.
Joy In Repitition
+1 with latest Jester builds.

Will try Kricker's 17152-no-intel build tonight.
I've also noticed this in several of Jester's late SVN builds, however it seems to primarily affect MKV files for me (local hard disk). I have seen it occur occasionally with XviDs, but it's more consistent with MKVs.

XBMC doesn't actually hang at the end of the video as the interface is still completely responsive (you can even try to rewind the video, though it won't work, it won't freeze). Actually the video playback stops a few seconds short of the end, at which point the video playback is no longer controllable, but menu navigation is still fine. At this point, if you try to stop the video or exit XBMC entirely or play another file or perform any other action which closes the video file, then XBMC hangs.

Could the others please confirm the precise behavior they are seeing; whether XBMC hangs (interface unresponsive) at the end of the video, or whether it only hangs when you attempt to stop the video, exit, or play another file?

Here's a debug log I created for another problem, but which also documents the hanging issue with an MKV (when I attempted to exit XBMC at the end of the log, and subsequently had to kill the process).

http://mattb.alwayssleeping.com/files/xb...ullitt.log
@Mattb: I can confirm that I have exactly the same behaviour as you describe.

The interface is still completely responsive (you can even try to rewind the video, though it won't work, it won't freeze). Actually the video playback stops a few seconds short of the end, at which point the video playback is no longer controllable, but menu navigation is still fine. At this point, if you try to stop the video or exit XBMC entirely or play another file or perform any other action which closes the video file, then XBMC hangs.

However, I have found that if I stop the video instead of letting it get to the end everything works fine.

Also I have tried minimizing the video by showing the file list. In that case everything works ok.

/Onslaught
toiva Wrote:Tested with ~10 videos or so..

Tested more and it's not working, still keeps crashing Angry
Fixed for me with a clean install including deleting userdata on ikons Rev17234.

(Although only tested with about 5 files so far)
This is happening to me as well. Can someone confirm that a clean install fixes the problem?

Thanks...
I'll do some more testing tonight with multiple files to see if I can get it to freeze again.
installed 17234 and got it after watching a 480p apple trailer.
false alarm - just froze on me at end of file Sad

Clean install does not fix anything.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC hangs at end of videos (all latest builds)0