RTSP Caching
I notice when I start an RTSP stream on XBMC (I am currently using XBMC Windows hence the post here), it starts to cache. Is it possible to disable the cache?

I am calling the play from a script. I would like to know if there's any way to disable cache for a file. The RTSP stream is for a live tv stream, and so caching delays it, and I'd like to disable it for that specific stream.
you will have to research how you do that in ffmpeg. we use ffmpeg for rtsp demuxing
manxam Wrote:Could someone please do the board a favor and dismiss 2nzy? I've run across several posts by this user and everything is 100% negative and, from what I can tell, doesn't even have XBMC installed.

A quick search of posts by this user leads me to believe he's just a troll..

It's tiresome... (and I hope someone can delete my post once that's done as I hate going off on tangents Wink

yeah, idiot, thx, troll posts gone...
spiff Wrote:you will have to research how you do that in ffmpeg. we use ffmpeg for rtsp demuxing

Ok finally got it all working, and stepped through the code and found where caching is enabled.. Caching is enabled for the file because in DVDPlayer.cpp:

Code:
if(!m_pInputStream->IsStreamType(DVDSTREAM_TYPE_DVD)
  && !m_pInputStream->IsStreamType(DVDSTREAM_TYPE_TV))
    SetCaching(true);

enables caching. Now, this is a DVDSTREAM_TYPE_FFMPEG and so will be cached.

There doesn't seem to be any way to disable this cache for the RTSP file Sad One thing I think might work is if we add some sort of

bool shouldCache() to DVDInputStream, and then in CDVDInputStreamFFMpeg, return false if the internal file is an RTSP file.

Does this solution seem OK?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RTSP Caching0