Remapping keys?
Information 
Hi!

I've read all the sticky topics and searched. I have a Fractal Design Shape-remote, it's a MCE-remote, but does not work as the other MCE-copies. I have tried Intelliremote, no success, does not support the remote, i've tried EventGhost, nothing there either. At last i tried AutoHotKey, thing is my remote is binded to the standard MCE shortcuts, like pause for example: CTRL+P
I tried binding CTRL+P to P with this in AutoHotKey: "^p::p" this command works, tried like binding a to b, and it works in notepad. But when i open up XBMC and press CTRL+P on my keyboard (not remote) the only thing that happens is that the infobar shows up (the one that shows when you move your mouse). Tried with other commands to, it doesnt work at all, not in XBMC atleast :/

Then i came up with the idea that i could change in Keymap, now "p" is pause, is it possible to remap it so pause is "CTRL+P"? Then my remote should work without using AutoHotKey that doesnt seem to work!?
Please help me with this!? I really love XBMC, but i can't use it without my remote and have to stick with MCE :( (i just bought the remote so i dont want to buy a new one)

Thanks all!
You perhaps can if they offer a unique keycode. Usually they don't. Check your Debug Log to find out what it's doing when you press CTRL+P or whatever.

In either case, a patch would certainly be welcome.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've tried that too, didnt mention it, sorry. I get a key in the log, a number. When i enter that in keymap it doesnt work. This is what i get with CTRL+P
Code:
08:13:58 T:5364 M:855797760   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard found something unknown (unicode <> printable ASCII): scancode: 29, sym: 306, unicode: 0, modifier: 4096
08:13:58 T:5364 M:855797760   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61602 pressed, action is 0

What do you mean with patch by the way? Smile
Isn't there anyone who knows?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remapping keys?0