• 3(current)
Newest builds won't even load (crash on startup)
Can confirm this as well. It sometimes happens right away after i have had my second monitor powered up and sometimes after a restart of the computer.
Boxee, that uses the xbmc source, has the exact same problem. It seems to be a problem in videocarddrivers, especially with Intel GMA stuff. Ati has also problem. It's really sensitive to the driver version you use, guess it has something to do with updated OPENGL Api's.
nekrosoft13 Wrote:could you be more specific what you mean by calibration block?
Everthing inside (and including) the <calibration> </calibration> tags in Guisettings.xml
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Dannydeman Wrote:Boxee, that uses the xbmc source, has the exact same problem. It seems to be a problem in videocarddrivers, especially with Intel GMA stuff. Ati has also problem. It's really sensitive to the driver version you use, guess it has something to do with updated OPENGL Api's.

I have 2 pc's one of them a Dell Dimension E520 Core2Duo with an ati x1300 not with the latest drivers (8.263.0.0) that one works OK, even right after a first time install.
My second PC, in my livingroom an HP DC7600 P4/3.6 has an Asus/Ati EAH3450 with HDMI output runs on the latest drivers but does'nt start. ATI driver version 8.530.0.0.
Both runs on dutch winXP pro's with SP3 installed.
The problems started occurring for me when i installed Catalyst 9.1, used to be on 8.9. Logs last entry was that is was loading guisettings.xml... Removing the whole calibration portion fixed it.

Didn't change my XMBC build... using build 17480
Thumbs Up 
carlo71 Wrote:I have 2 pc's one of them a Dell Dimension E520 Core2Duo with an ati x1300 not with the latest drivers (8.263.0.0) that one works OK, even right after a first time install.
My second PC, in my livingroom an HP DC7600 P4/3.6 has an Asus/Ati EAH3450 with HDMI output runs on the latest drivers but does'nt start. ATI driver version 8.530.0.0.
Both runs on dutch winXP pro's with SP3 installed.

Follow up :
I deinstalled de ASUS drivers and downloaded the ati drivers for my 3450 from the ATI website. (http://www.amd.com/us-en/) AND THEY WORK ! Nod
Those drivers are version 8.573.0.0

NodNod
I can confirm that installing the latest Catalyst-drivers (9.1) works fine again with the latest SVN-versions of XBMC. You still do need to delete the Calibration-block (or make a new GUISettings.xml) but after that... no more problems!
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
x5nder Wrote:I can confirm that installing the latest Catalyst-drivers (9.1) works fine again with the latest SVN-versions of XBMC. You still do need to delete the Calibration-block (or make a new GUISettings.xml) but after that... no more problems!

I still have the same problem even with the latest Catlyst-drivers (9.1). If I have used my second monitor and restart the computer, XBMC crashes a start up and I have to delete the Calibration block again to make it work.
I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but I was having an immediate crash issue as well that vanished when I removed the -p from the link.
I have the same problem. Have to remove the Calibration block each time I change from projector to my samsung lcd.

I have a geforce9300.

Could this be solved by checking the screeen's approved resolutions at every startup? or set resolution to the same as windows'?
I can also confirm that when i switch display devices i get the <calibration> block error.

Has somebody submitted this error to trac? cause its annoying and needs to be fixed immediately
this has already been posted on trac, long ago... and linked to in this thread.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Cool, I have created a little app that will clean out your calibration section for you, I just created it in autohotkey, and have compiled it as an executable

Just run the script (if you have autohotkey installedhttp://www.autohotkey.com) or download the compiled version here and run the uncalibrate.exe

Point it to your guisettings.xml file and voila fixedBig Grin
Cool, I have created a little app that will clean out your calibration section for you, I just created it in autohotkey, and have compiled it as an executable

Just run the script (if you have autohotkey installedhttp://www.autohotkey.com) or download the compiled version here and run the uncalibrate.exe
Quote:#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

if %1%
{
myFile = %1%
}
else
{
FileSelectFile, myFile,,,,xml Files(*.xml)
}

if myFile
{
FileRead, mytext, %myFile%

NewStr := RegExReplace(mytext, "<calibration([^>]*)>[\S\s]*?</calibration>", "<calibration$1></calibration>")

EnvGet, appdata, APPDATA
userdata := appdata . "\XBMC\userdata"

FileSelectFile, outfile,S,userdata,Where are your guisettings?,guisettings.xml
;MsgBox, saving to %outfile%
ifExist, %outfile%
FileDelete, %outfile%

FileAppend, %NewStr%, %outfile%
Run,%outfile%

}
Point it to your guisettings.xml file and voila fixedBig Grin
Thanks!! Works perfectly! So basically now whenever I change the display on the computer I have to just run the exe again?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newest builds won't even load (crash on startup)1