• 35(current)
Serenity
The skin is very awesome, but...

- Sometimes somes screens doesn't not appear correctly, or appears out of screen, but I didn't identified yet. Maybe 'cause I use 1440x900 resolution.

- Some accented characters doesn't appear when I choose Portuguese language and Brazil Region. But, if I choose English Language and USA Region the characters appear normally.

- The menus (and yours options), sometimes, doesn't start when I use the mouse. If I use the keyboard, ok.

That's all... until now =)
deano72 Wrote:appears to be running nice on appletv now, the animated menu items on settings are good.

Glad to hear it. I made some more changes to the settings stuff late last night as well. Removed the link to the fanart page from customize section and made it it's own window outright. I then took the "conditional fanart" and "fadetime" links and added them to "customize" and re-did the layout so it matches the rest of the settings stuff.

I think it looks a lot, lot...lot better. Wink

I still need to add the menu gfx that show up when a dropdown is highlighted.

The other thing I'll be working on today is a proper shutdown menu. rwParris2 so kindly pointed out that the power button on my skin simply does w/e the default power action is instead of offering a user-menu, so I figured I'd add this...probably a system info dialog too.

NandoBR Wrote:
NandoBR Wrote:The skin is very awesome, but...

- Sometimes somes screens doesn't not appear correctly, or appears out of screen, but I didn't identified yet. Maybe 'cause I use 1440x900 resolution.

- Some accented characters doesn't appear when I choose Portuguese language and Brazil Region. But, if I choose English Language and USA Region the characters appear normally.

- The menus (and yours options), sometimes, doesn't start when I use the mouse. If I use the keyboard, ok.

That's all... until now =)

1. Yeah, skin is designed to be run in 1280x720, so larger resolution will probably look odd. If you want to take screenshots for me, I can try to fix this so it works with all resolutions.

2. Which characters? I have the ability to edit the fonts in the skin...I will add these custom characters if I know the proper ASCII code.

3. The menus are really not designed for usage with the mouse. The drop-down menus just don't know how to work with it. I personally just use an Xbox controller. Wink
digitalhigh Wrote:Glad to hear it. I made some more changes to the settings stuff late last night as well. Removed the link to the fanart page from customize section and made it it's own window outright. I then took the "conditional fanart" and "fadetime" links and added them to "customize" and re-did the layout so it matches the rest of the settings stuff.

I think it looks a lot, lot...lot better. Wink

I still need to add the menu gfx that show up when a dropdown is highlighted.

The other thing I'll be working on today is a proper shutdown menu. rwParris2 so kindly pointed out that the power button on my skin simply does w/e the default power action is instead of offering a user-menu, so I figured I'd add this...probably a system info dialog too.

1. Yeah, skin is designed to be run in 1280x720, so larger resolution will probably look odd. If you want to take screenshots for me, I can try to fix this so it works with all resolutions.

2. Which characters? I have the ability to edit the fonts in the skin...I will add these custom characters if I know the proper ASCII code.

3. The menus are really not designed for usage with the mouse. The drop-down menus just don't know how to work with it. I personally just use an Xbox controller. Wink

1. Ok. Tonight I'll capture this screens and send you by PM (or another way).

2. All extended ASCII codes

3. I just have mouse and keyboar. I don't have a xBox or xBox Controller Sad
NandoBR Wrote:1. Ok. Tonight I'll capture this screens and send you by PM (or another way).

2. All extended ASCII codes

3. I just have mouse and keyboar. I don't have a xBox or xBox Controller Sad

1. Sounds good.

2. I'll see what I can do as far as adding the extended charsets to the currently used fonts. Shouldn't be harder than meshing a few vowels and the apostrophe.

3. That's fine...I do all of my development work with nothing but a mouse and keyboard...and really only the keyboard. up/down/left/right/enter/backspace/escape/space/tab are the only buttons you need. Oh, and "C" brings up the context menu, "I" is fullscreen info... Wink
I am being a bit dull. I have tried to add a button via customize to apple trailers (so that it appears under the video 1 button.
I have created it's name 'trailers' and it appears under movies but what path do I enter in the customise settings to get it to work? the apple trailers plugin works if i go at the the long way round of movies/files/plugins etc....Would be nice to have it working from frontend.
Cheers!
deano72 Wrote:I am being a bit dull. I have tried to add a button via customize to apple trailers (so that it appears under the video 1 button.
I have created it's name 'trailers' and it appears under movies but what path do I enter in the customise settings to get it to work? the apple trailers plugin works if i go at the the long way round of movies/files/plugins etc....Would be nice to have it working from frontend.
Cheers!

All you need to do is save the foldername under "path" with no other characters. It is also case-sensitive. So if the plugin is in plugins/video/Apple Trailers/ then you would enter
Code:
Apple Trailers
in the path area.
Added a powerdown menu (either click on power, or just scroll off the settings menu on homescreen).

I also think I've got a very good, easy method for implementing a full-on fanart view. This will mean you press down, down, and everything goes offscreen and you'll be able to browse movies and shows only by fanart.

Also prettied up the custom plugins screen:

That reminds me, last night w/ the new T3ch build Alpha1, I was viewing movie library with posters and pushed down to get the Big Info view. I tried scrolling thru movies that way using left and right, I could only view 3 movies, the one I started on and the ones to the left and right of it. I dunno, maybe you already addressed that now....Huh
joebrady Wrote:That reminds me, last night w/ the new T3ch build Alpha1, I was viewing movie library with posters and pushed down to get the Big Info view. I tried scrolling thru movies that way using left and right, I could only view 3 movies, the one I started on and the ones to the left and right of it. I dunno, maybe you already addressed that now....Huh

This is because I have the container set to go to a scrollbar when you press down, meaning that it moves the whole page width. I will have a method for making this work properly in a day or so, as soon as I get done with what I'm currently working at.

When done, it will work so that where pressing down once brings up the movie info, and pressing down again takes it to fanart view, where the screen is just fanart. You'll be able to browse movies this way in either view.
ah, I forgot about the scrollbar addition, that would probably explain it as I was working with a small group of movies for testing,
Quick question: Will Serenity use the same skin-based media flagging method that Stark uses? I've been trying to get my flags working in Stark and since I plan to use Serenity when it's released, I'd like not to have to re-do everything.

Thanks!
theophile Wrote:Quick question: Will Serenity use the same skin-based media flagging method that Stark uses? I've been trying to get my flags working in Stark and since I plan to use Serenity when it's released, I'd like not to have to re-do everything.

Thanks!

Yep. In fact, it was created for Serenity...
Perfect. I can't wait!
Digital, I guess Serenity is making waves. It has pushed the almighty aeon to incorporate a feature in our little old skin. That's very humbling in this community.

Aeon is amazing. Maybe Serenity will make the same kind of waves when it is released.

Also, Digital. The newest build is amazing. Loving it. The settings finally feel right. Amazing job.
Hi Guys

The skin looks really awesome. I am actually a bit "disappointed" with Aeon since on my 3:4 i can barley see the text (it has nothing to do with Aeon i know Smile ) and so i was waiting patiently for Serenity. It looks like its been pushed for next week..is there anyway yo get a preview of the beta?

thx

Zeltak
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serenity2