which ir receiver to use with logitech harmony
Hello everyone.

I just sold my old Silverstone LC16 with Soundgraph iMON. It worked great, but I need more space in table under my TV, also moving storage to NAS server, so I need slim HTPC case.

So far I'm for Silvertone LC11 case (http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p...p?pno=lc11), but I can get one without iMON and IR receiver. (If you think there is better affordable slim htpc case available, I will gladly check it out).

I would love to use one of Logitech's Harmony remotes, so I can drop remotes of TV, YAMAHA A/V and STB and use only one. But to control my new htpc with XBMC, I need some IR receiver. Can anyone point me in some verified solution ?
Just use the IR Receiver that comes with the MS Media Center remote here. I use that with my HTPC and a Harmony 880. Works great.
I use my old Steamzap remote receiver with my Harmony 550 remote.

My results are a little mixed, the default settings for the Streamzap on the Harmony are very slow, but if you teach the codes to the Harmony, it works a lot better.
Thumbs Up 
Aenima99x Wrote:Just use the IR Receiver that comes with the MS Media Center remote here. I use that with my HTPC and a Harmony 880. Works great.

They have them in stock>? Awesome! That is a PnP remote and receiver for XBMC using Lirc and the price is right. Beats scouring eBay - good link!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
What if you want a internal receiver and not some dongle lying outside the case, any suggestions then?
Snixten Wrote:What if you want a internal receiver and not some dongle lying outside the case, any suggestions then?

Well... the last internal IRDA receiver I tried required goofy source patches and other junk - yuck! That said, I popped open a Microsoft USB receiver and there's not much to it - single PCB board. You could easily mount sometiong like that internal if you wanted - maybe even extend the IRDA LEDs somewhere?

Seriously, the MCE stuff WORKS, is PnP, and really sensitive too. The only downside is that it's not const
antly powered and cannot be used to power up a machine - I think. If I'm
wrong on that someone please correct me as I've not played with sleep modes etc...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Seriously, the MCE stuff WORKS, is PnP, and really sensitive too. The only downside is that it's not constantly powered and cannot be used to power up a machine - I think. If I'm
wrong on that someone please correct me as I've not played with sleep modes etc...

Yah, only way to pull that off is with sleep/suspend modes.

However the XERC2 from sickmods.net works GREAT for doing this while the PC is completely off. It even works fine with harmony too.

I use a XERC2 + original xbox IR dongle, the XERC even has a pad for linking to another IR circuit so you only need one Ir reciever (it even comes with one!)
According to Silverstone's website, the LC11M comes with a remote control (SoundGraph PAD?). Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Microsoft's MCE remote control.

From Q&A:

Q2: Does included VFD/IR work with Microsoft's Windows MCE (Media Center Edition)?

A2:The VFD/IR and remote control in the LC11M will work automatically with Windows MCE after the included software (on a CD) is installed. However, the LC11M does not support Microsoft¡¦s MCE remote control.

You should still be able to use your Logitech Harmony with the SoundGraph IR receiver built into the Silverstone LC11M. I realize a case with a SoundGraph iMon is more expensive, but the ability to power on your HTPC with a remote control is priceless.
Here's another MCE remote that works with the Harmony. This one's only $20.
Aenima99x Wrote:Just use the IR Receiver that comes with the MS Media Center remote here. I use that with my HTPC and a Harmony 880. Works great.

Could u give me some pointers on how you did set this up ? What device did you add to your harmony ? Do you need to create/edit the keymap.xml etc ?

Thnx !
Is the MS Media Center remote going to conflict with an Xbox 360? Does it use different codes?
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
I'm also intrested how you select your MS Media Center remote within the logitech software.
I noticed (I've an antec 350) when I select the antec remote from the logitech software I can power up my htpc.
So I should be able to mix the two remotes together
I was trying to get it the work with antec IR but it doesn't seem to work for me
gquiring Wrote:Is the MS Media Center remote going to conflict with an Xbox 360? Does it use different codes?

the only issue I have noticed is that if I hit the green media button my damned 360 powers up - grr. Other buttons may do things but I usually keep the 360 powered off so I am unsure.
mvdaat Wrote:I'm also intrested how you select your MS Media Center remote within the logitech software.
I noticed (I've an antec 350) when I select the antec remote from the logitech software I can power up my htpc.
So I should be able to mix the two remotes together
I was trying to get it the work with antec IR but it doesn't seem to work for me

I think you should add both the mce remote and the antec remote to the same activity in the harmony remote software. Then you can choose which buttons on each remote that should do what. I don't know if you can config lirc to use "both" remotes, but I'm not sure if that's necessary since your only powering on your computer with the antec remote and then lirc isn't in use. My advise is:

* Config lirc for mce.
* Add both remotes in the harmony software.
* Create an activity using both remotes in harmony software.
* Map buttons in harmony software so all buttons for the activity is using the mce, exept for the power button which uses the antec remote.

I don't have any proof at all that this works, but it makes sense in my mind Wink
Will the Anyware GV-IR01WT remote work? The Anyware HA-IR01SV is out of stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6880121004
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
which ir receiver to use with logitech harmony0