• 6(current)
Win HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution
ettore1969 Wrote:Hi to all,

I have just installed the Ver. "XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2" on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit PC, and I read in the update of the first post that now it's not necessary to use the "workaround" with Ultramon to launch XBMC in fullscreen in the secondary monitor.

I try to see if a look for an option to switch between a monitor and the other but I cannot find nothing.

Where I can find this option ?

Is the version that I use correct or I need a different version ?

Thank you to all in advance for your attention and a big hello from Italy.

Bye

Here, get the latest from this Thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452
The Problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.
Do you understand?
Thank you Blackkatt for your quick answer,

I go in the post that you indicate to me and I download the last SVN build that I find on it (I found the XBMC-Rev23805-DX of the user named kricker at the post 1053).

The program work and I find the option to start xbmc in a secondary monitor, but I have problem to play MKV HD material that is too slow and is continuing stuttering. With the original xbmc release the same mkv files plays very well without any problem.

I download the correct version or I need to try with other release ?

Have you any release to suggest to solve this kind of problem ?

Thank you for your attention

Bye
ettore1969 Wrote:Thank you Blackkatt for your quick answer,

I go in the post that you indicate to me and I download the last SVN build that I find on it (I found the XBMC-Rev23805-DX of the user named kricker at the post 1053).

The program work and I find the option to start xbmc in a secondary monitor, but I have problem to play MKV HD material that is too slow and is continuing stuttering. With the original xbmc release the same mkv files plays very well without any problem.

I download the correct version or I need to try with other release ?

Have you any release to suggest to solve this kind of problem ?

Thank you for your attention

Bye

I had that problem for a long time. You can fix it like this

This should fix it.

* (6.) This is a Windows problem with some blame on Nvidia I guess.. You can solve this easy by following these simple steps.
* a) Right-Click on XBMC.exe, goto "Compatibility"
* b) Now check, "disable visual themes" "disable desktop composition" "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

IF this don't work you could try another build by someone else like from this guy http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/
Do you understand?
ettore1969 Wrote:The program work and I find the option to start xbmc in a secondary monitor,
Where is it exactly? My Ultramon has recently gone wild and I had to uninstall it. I installed the latest XBMC out there (24195 gl) and can't seem to find such an option in the settings. Could it be it's skin-dependant?
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
I would like to know also Smile I cant find it, perhaps my update didnt work. How can I check my version of xbmc? (I thaught system info, but I only see my pc info)
Trench Wrote:I would like to know also Smile I cant find it, perhaps my update didnt work. How can I check my version of xbmc? (I thaught system info, but I only see my pc info)
Found it now. You have to install the lates beta release, like Camelot Alpha 2 from here: http://xbmc.org/download/
Cheers
WinXP SP3 - Samsung LE40A656 - Asus P5Q SE/R - Intel Core2Duo E8400 3000MHz - GeForce 9600GT (512MB) - Logitech NumberPad - Samsung Omnia running XBMC HTTP-R (for lack of a better option)
Halibutt Wrote:Found it now. You have to install the lates beta release, like Camelot Alpha 2 from here: http://xbmc.org/download/
Cheers

Hmmz, I updated to the last build with the update tool that I found here at the forum.
So I would think the dual screen setup is available in that build?
(I'm at work not, so I can't check if I'm correct) Where is the dual screen setup option located?

Thanks in advance!
Trench Wrote:Hmmz, I updated to the last build with the update tool that I found here at the forum.
So I would think the dual screen setup is available in that build?
(I'm at work not, so I can't check if I'm correct) Where is the dual screen setup option located?

Thanks in advance!
Not really. It depends on the setup, but my autoupdater accepted only stable releases, not the beta ones.

And the options are in screen settings, they could be named differently depending on your skin, language settings and so on.
Cheers
pfft, I downloaded the version you mentioned, and still I cant find it.
I searched at: settings/appearance/screen but I dont see it.

what skinn do you use? perhaps I'll install your skinn Smile
Trench Wrote:pfft, I downloaded the version you mentioned, and still I cant find it.
I searched at: settings/appearance/screen but I dont see it.

what skinn do you use? perhaps I'll install your skinn Smile

Any Aeon version:

Settings => Appearance => Screen and look closer at the line where you can change resolution. In my case it allows me to chose from 1440x900 (Screen1) and 1920x1080 (Screen2). Which is the option you look for.
Cheers
Halibutt Wrote:Any Aeon version:

Settings => Appearance => Screen and look closer at the line where you can change resolution. In my case it allows me to chose from 1440x900 (Screen1) and 1920x1080 (Screen2). Which is the option you look for.
Cheers

Hmm, I found the setting. And my screens are detected (screen #1 and screen2#) but when I set it on full 1024*768 on screen #2, xbmc just gets smaller, but doesnt go to screen #2. It just stays on screen #1. Anyone has got this problem?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
are you working with "Windows7"? If this happen you have to change the registration (see first page (5)).
-->
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\3.0.4\Window Buttons - Maximize to Desktop Button - change value to 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\3.0.4\Window Buttons - Move Window Button - change value to 0

BR J.
I been using ultramon for a while on my laptop and xbmc on my living room as media center, now my media center pc is dead and i been trying to use my laptop but i can't get none of that to work.
This is what i'm doing...

1. Downloading UltraMon, http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/
I already got it install, so should un-install it b4 i do anything ellse?...

2. Make a shortcut to XBMC.exe if you don't already have one. Place it on your desktop (or wherever). Right-click on the shortcut select properties.
Set the environment variable SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 (2 for secondary display) apply and exit...
Ok, here i do, start>All Programs>XBMC, right click there and sent to desktop "POW" shortcut in desktop, now right click on it properties and in Target is already ("C:\Program File\XBMC\XBMC.exe") should i add there SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2 so it will look like this? "C:\Program File\XBMC\XBMC.exe" SDL_FULLSCREEN_HEAD=2.........
Now coz i already have ultramon i have the Ultramon Window and display tabs so click on them and do the "use custom settings" choose resolution for "secondary display" and "UltraMon - Window" check "use custom settings" show: [normal] on monitor 2 (or whatever display/monitor you like but HEAD="x" must be the same) apply and exit...

Now once i do this if i right click on my XBMC short cut and select properties this will say in Target ("C:\Programe Files\ultramon\Ultramonshortcuts.exe" /I C:\Documents and settings\all users\Applications Data\realtime soft\ultramon\shellshortcuts\XBMC (4).umshortcut.
I think the (4) is coz i tryed 4 times, then i open the ultramon window and display tab to check if things are ok and i think is all good...

Now if i launch XBMC from that shortcut the 2 monitors go black and only the laptop monitor has XBMC on it...

I even try to mirrow the monitors and XBMC just crashed...
you don't need todo all that anymore. select in newer XBMC that you want it to run on Display 2, or whatever monitor you want to use. And use Ultramon only to activated "secondary monitor" Nerd
Do you understand?
Hi
i have win xp with XBMC 9.11
i have a second monitor which is a CRT TV that i need to set 800X600
in the settings i can set resulotion to 800X600 but it doesnt set it to use the second monitor
how wxactly i need to set the resulotion in xbmc?
am i miising a step?
thanx
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO start XBMC in fullscreen on secondary monitor with custom resolution4